The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 08:34 AM   #7761
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Have you tried threatening with having the police come remove her? Or actually doing so. Maybe she needs a cop to give her a stern warning to leave you alone.

*sigh* Was hoping the book from Canada might show up, but nope... Ordered that back on Sept. 11th. But a small item from China managed to get here in 10 days of its postage date. Go figure. Guess it's time to start trying to contact the seller...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-16-2017 at 09:43 AM.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:09 PM   #7762
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Funny side note- the landlady has already said if she gets one more complaint, she is out. Cops have been called before by others; has not sunk in. Not sure I want to be THAT "mean" but it is sorely tempting right now. She is like a stray puppy that follows you home, then follows you around everywhere, tears up the house, and gives you that betrayed look when you reprimand it. I just get tired of dealing with someone who cobstantly overstays their "welcome". Especially when she only does this crap for the attention because she does not want to be by herself. She can't even take care of herself, with simple things like cooking or doing dishes or laundry- has a caregiver do eveeything for hee because she "never learned how". BS. Even a slow person can learn how to wash dishes she just does not WANT to learn because then she would not be able to have others do it. Disabled ny rear end. Most of it is in her head.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:12 PM   #7763
Papenbrook
Stone Warrior

I hate Sonic Forces. I really do.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:14 PM   #7764
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I hate Sonic Forces. I really do.
I've never played it but it looks like a good game to me. Even If I didn't like it, I would just ignore it tbh.

I am a Sonic fan, but mostly the tv shows as opposed to the games.

My favourite Sonic game of all time is Sonic Unleashed, while I have also enjoyed Sonic Rivals, Rush, Generations and the Original games on the Genesis.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:21 PM   #7765
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Funny side note- the landlady has already said if she gets one more complaint, she is out. Cops have been called before by others; has not sunk in. Not sure I want to be THAT "mean" but it is sorely tempting right now. She is like a stray puppy that follows you home, then follows you around everywhere, tears up the house, and gives you that betrayed look when you reprimand it. I just get tired of dealing with someone who cobstantly overstays their "welcome". Especially when she only does this crap for the attention because she does not want to be by herself. She can't even take care of herself, with simple things like cooking or doing dishes or laundry- has a caregiver do eveeything for hee because she "never learned how". BS. Even a slow person can learn how to wash dishes she just does not WANT to learn because then she would not be able to have others do it. Disabled ny rear end. Most of it is in her head.
Makes me wonder if she was raised in an environment that coddled laziness and encouraged dependency. Maybe mom was/is controlling and wouldn't let her do anything for herself, so not she's convinced herself that she's useless/helpless.

Wonder if she'd still want to hang out with you if you were to put her to work. Teach her to do your dishes, laundry, etc. lol
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:03 PM   #7766
Papenbrook
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I've never played it but it looks like a good game to me. Even If I didn't like it, I would just ignore it tbh.
It's hard to ignore it, Leo. It's everywhere.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:20 PM   #7767
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Makes me wonder if she was raised in an environment that coddled laziness and encouraged dependency. Maybe mom was/is controlling and wouldn't let her do anything for herself, so not she's convinced herself that she's useless/helpless.

Wonder if she'd still want to hang out with you if you were to put her to work. Teach her to do your dishes, laundry, etc. lol

It's very possible. Never met her mother but a 46yr old SHOULD at least be capable of washing their own dishes. I won't even set foot in her apartment because she doesn't even keep her guinea pig's cage clean and the whole place stinks because of it. Flies and what I think are roach larvae everywhere. (she showed us a pic and asked what they were. Good gawds no wonder we are getting them....) The last guinea pig stopped eatting and died. Pretty sure that's why....

Old 10-18-2017, 12:25 AM   #7768
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

You guys ever have springs in your bed that are so sensitive, you can hear them coil and uncoil as you breathe? Super annoying as I'm trying to sleep.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:30 AM   #7769
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

You probably need a new bed. I know my boyfriend does, his has a great big pit in the middle. So naturally, I gave up on trying to sleep in his bed pretty quickly when it made getting comfortable difficult. But then that meant the best sleep I've ever had in his house being on the couch XD

Spoiler:
I think I'm about to have a repeat of "The Horrors" I had last December. Only this time, I might know the culprit, that being the fibroid.
And maybe the change in weather, since it only started getting awful now that the cold weather has broken.

Also the peeled blister on my finger is starting to hurt again.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:13 PM   #7770
Papenbrook
Stone Warrior

Some of the forum tags purposely misspell my username.

If you're going to insult me, at least try to spell my name correctly.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:05 PM   #7771
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Must be a disney thing.

First Chapter of even Zahns new Star wars book has some kind of political correctness in it. 'you people' and 'letting your prejudices show' was hit right out of the gate. Major groan. if stuff like that is in all the books, guess it's a good thing i'm avoiding this new EU.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:29 PM   #7772
ProphetofGanja
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Must be a disney thing.

First Chapter of even Zahns new Star wars book has some kind of political correctness in it. 'you people' and 'letting your prejudices show' was hit right out of the gate. Major groan. if stuff like that is in all the books, guess it's a good thing i'm avoiding this new EU.
With every complaint you make about people and media being "politically correct" you just emphasize how much I think I would dislike you in real life. It really comes across as "UGH, what are all these women and minorities doing here? This is supposed to be MY safe space!"
Old 10-19-2017, 06:38 PM   #7773
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I can't recommend the Chrome Add On PC2Respect enough.
Quote:
Changes 'political correctness' to 'treating people with respect'
"I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase “politically correct” wherever we could with “treating other people with respect”, and it made me smile."

— Neil Gaiman

This extension changes the text 'political correctness' to 'treating people with respect' on webpages, making the web a slightly better place. Latest update also changes 'politically correct' to 'respectful' and 'politically incorrect' to 'disrespectful'
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:54 PM   #7774
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

I've had a headache through most of the day and I don't know what it is. I've eaten and had a good amount of water, so I don't know what's up.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:38 PM   #7775
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu

The sharks are circling again..... And of course it happens right before the weekend. I swear it's like the universe is conspiring to kill what little is left of our romantic life....

Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM   #7776
GoldMutant
Rest. In. Peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Well... this gear-grinder is going to require some context:

As I noted about a month ago, I was supposed to stage manage the show with a few ASMs. The keyword here is just that, "suppose to."

For several reasons, one of my ASMs (who ASMed the last two shows we did) was promoted to Co-SM with me, with the two of us having our own ASMs as a result. What I wanted to do, because there were four of us (three ASMS and I), was divide it up. My Co-SM (he's managing the next show) could handle blocking, my ASM could do music because he's the best singer, the Co-SM's partner could handle music, and I would do tech. The main thing would be that I would have the master copy of everything.

However, that was not to be. My ASM and I are doing music and tech and the other two are handling what I mentioned. Right now, I feel expendable as a manager because most of the cast is disrespecting me, refusing to listen to what I say mostly. The others get more respect because.... honestly, I don't know. Despite my acting experiences, it basically makes me wonder "Why am I here?" if that is the case.

The reason it angers me besides the cast is that I know I can handle the main managerial role. However, because the production is apparently "too big," my Co-SM is doing the next show as a manager (he's a sophomore too), and because of last year with everything I went through until the summer, it makes me feel useless here. A comment made by a cast member of "You're in the show" feels hollow because it doesn't ring too well. Unless something changes, I just don't know what to do.

If I attempt to say something, either the cast will get mad for pulling a power play on them or I lose my position. It infuriates me.
This has now been updated because I got double-crossed by the cast this week.

We went to Newport Creamery on Tuesday after doing a community night for incoming students to the school next year. I was getting so frustrated with everything that I said I wished the Co-SM could let me do a little more work. At this point, the only thing I'm truly handling is props as everything else on tech has something covered.

Somebody there reported to my director and he said two things the other day: The first is for me to stop bashing the Co-SM. He had the same talk with him as well. It is less of me bashing him and more of my frustration with a lack of responsibility.

Secondly, the only reason I have the position at all is that there's a girl, a very good friend of mine, who was originally going to manage it. She got the main villain lead (one of two) though as an opportunity and he put me as the tech to let me have a breather from last year. In summary, "I do not trust you."

That pissed me off. I had the whole thing planned before we even started. For nearly a solid month, I have been given nothing to do because of it. My assistant manager gets more than me to do; the other two as mentioned before will then take over what I'm doing for tech later despite being my domain. Hell, the cast doesn't even treat me as a damn manager.

Do I not have the right to be a little frustrated? I get it, last year blew because of my living environment and lack of recovery. However, I've been doing better and wished I could manage alone when I've been collecting everything at practically every rehearsal. It makes the entire process useless; I do not care if I have it easy, education has been manageable and forgiving this time. If only I knew what to do now.
"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. Even when the battle's over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again." -Phoenix Wright
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote