The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 12:28 PM   #221
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Still trying to fit all YOUR favorite characters into this goddamn train wreck! Won't you love that!?
And then they're there for five minutes. But hey, they showed up didn't they?!

Wish the Turtles would get to star in it this time.
Spoiler:
Screw it, I don't care if they're fictional, I don't want to see or hear "starring Megan Fox," a supposed-to-be supporting role... just say it's starring Leo, Raph, Donnie, and Mikey, and their actors; or at least their actor's alone if people aren't cool enough just to have fun with it like that.

(Also Pizza Hut, I'm saying it early...have a damn collectable this time.)
Old 07-08-2015, 01:24 PM   #222
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Screw it, I don't care if they're fictional, I don't want to see or hear "starring Megan Fox," a supposed-to-be supporting role... just say it's starring Leo, Raph, Donnie, and Mikey, and their actors; or at least their actor's alone if people aren't cool enough just to have fun with it like that.
You're not the only one this pisses off. "Starring Megan Fox"... like it's featuring Venus deFreaking Milo or something.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:59 PM   #223
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Exactly. The movie's called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles but it might as well be called April O'Neil and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:31 PM   #224
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

And now I'm laughing/cringing (lauringing?) picturing a creepy "realistic" Venus with Fox's vacant, confused stares, pout, and that grunting/screaming she did so much of. (Kill it. With ninja fire. And acid. And bulldozers. And Baysplosions)
Old 07-08-2015, 05:28 PM   #225
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

You see, the idea of a human protagonist wouldn't piss me off so much (It'd still piss me off) if it wasn't Megan Fox. Like, if you're going to have someone as April and have her run around for 90 minutes as the main character, you might as well get someone who can actually act.

But seriously, this movie was done with $125 MILLION. And look at the second half of it: it was filled with Turtles. You add, like, 75 million to that budget, and you've got an actual Turtles' movie. And don't give me that "it's too expensive" crap. Here are three solutions to that:

1. No one gives a **** about big-named actors, as long as they can act. People want to see April O'Neil, not someone playing April O'Neil. That's why the Turtles were so convincing: the only one who was actually somewhat popular was Noel.

2. Don't overcomplicate the designs so you can cut down on the CGI. <-- Yeah, I know it sounds crazy, but let me explain: I'm all for giving a few extra things to the Turtles' appearances. However, don't go freaking overboard with it. Give them like 2-3 additional features. Also, don't fully-CGI characters you don't need to CGI, like Shredder. Build a Shredder costume, and then add a little bit of CGI to the armor in post production to make the metal and blades look more authentic.

3. This is similar to 2, but it's different: big budget action scenes ARE NOT necessary for TMNT. I mean, with characters like Krang and the Technodrome, yeah, that's understandable. But Shredder? Nah, G. That Snow Chase scene, while fun, wasn't necessary. The best thing about the Turtles compared to other "superheroes" is that they AREN'T superheroes. They're ninja. And ninja should use ninjutsu in their battles, not a f-cking robo-bo-staff to flip a hummer, Jesus Christ.

I will say this: my little brother made me watch all four Transformers movies with him (I survived. I'm an actual survivor. Freaking 11 hours straight of mindless nonsense and I SURVIVED.) and Jesus Christ, they were dreadful. After watching them, I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate for TMNT here.

1. The movie gave us more Turtles than the Transformers movies give Transformers. With Turtles, when the Turtles showed up, they were in the movie. With Transformers... My God. They do not focus on them AT ALL. Even when they're on screen, it's almost impossible to tell what's going on. And when they are actually shown for a majority of the movie (AoE showed them a lot more than the other movies, imo, with Revenge of the Fallen as a close second) THE TRANSFORMERS ARE UNBEARABLY RACIST/STUPID. The Turtles were used solely for action purposes, yeah, but at least you could tell what the hell was going on. With the Transformers, you'd see about 2 seconds of fighting and 10 seconds of Shia LaBeouf's reaction. In fact, there wasn't even a Galvatron vs. Optimus fight. Rather than showing said fight, they were showing Tessa's reaction to it. Jesus flipping Christ. Plus, the camera is SO GODDAMN CLOSE. I think Bay forgets that he's going to put Transformers in the shot, and he just shoots the camera at such low angles that it hurts your head to try to look. You know what's ironic, though? Revenge of the Fallen and Age of Extinction were easily the worst of the four, but I could actually see what was going on at times, more so in Revenge of the Fallen than Age of Extinction. Revenge of the Fallen had the Shanghai fight, the fight in the woods (<-- Probably the only part of the series I legitimately enjoyed), and the Fallen fight. And I could tell what was going in the Age of Extinction Dinobot charge.

2. The writers, while horrendous, at least got the Turtles "right" (I USE THAT WORD VERY LOOSELY.). Kurtzman and Orci, the writers of the first Transformers movie... Well... They got Prime right, in my opinion. And Megatron. But that's about it. And then... Ehren Kruger took over. And Jesus Christ, by the fourth movie, you had Optimus killing humans, yelling he's going to kill Decepticons, and just... Gah. At least we know that these writers, while idiotic, kept the general gist of who the characters are. Say what you want about Megan Fox as April, but they didn't write her character that wrong. She's a reporter who meets the Turtles. They just overcomplicated the hell out of her. The Transformers... Dear God. They fall under three categories: 1. Racist, stereotype, or a racist stereotype, 2. Background extra. 3. One-dimensional (Optimus, Megatron). The thing that "amazes" me with the Transformers movies is just how bad the writing is. Like, the TMNT movie writing was so bad, but it felt bad because it literally felt like what they did: They did re-shoots, so they had to change some things but had to keep in mind that some footage was already shot. That's not an excuse, but at least I understood why it felt awful (Blue Door felt awful, too, but at least that story made a little bit of sense, besides the alien origin). The godforsaken Transformers movies, though... Dear God. They're overstuffed, they don't make sense, and they don't. F*cking. End.

What I'm trying to say here? Be thankful that we don't have the Transformers team on this... we could have Ehren Kruger as our screenwriter, but we don't.

Also, be thankful you don't have a 10 year old little brother who makes you watch all four of those things, Jesus-F*cking-Christ.

Last edited by Foombamaroom; 07-08-2015 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:39 PM   #226
Leo656
The Franchise

My wife likes them. But holy sh*t, you're right about 'em. Especially how they NEVER END and it's impossible to tell what's actually going on because it's just sh*t blowing up EVERYWHERE. I maintain, the first one is a nice, fun little action flick that could've used more Transformers in it. Everything else is just Every Single Thing Wrong With Movies Nowadays, x 1000.

I hate TMNT just as much from a different direction, but I can't argue with ya. Other than to say, I'm more likely to watch any Transformers movie again in my lifetime than I am to ever willingly watch TMNT again. Reason being, I kind of never cared much about Trasnformers, I had a few as a kid and watched the show sometimes, so while I'm well aware they're blasphemous to the source material AND horrible films besides, I'm less emotionally invested, so I can at least endure them if they're on when my wife's watching them or something. I can't watch TMNT. I care too much, I'm too invested, and I can't stop shouting "WHY'd they f*ckin' DO THAT?!" at my TV.

I mean it, I can't, because every five seconds, they give you a new reason!

I get ya, though.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Old 07-09-2015, 12:54 AM   #227
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTurtlesFan View Post
So filming has finished. Liked the Arnell post quoted above.

There's plenty of negativity around here. But I am looking forward to this!
Yes! On to editing and CGI!

Ignore the negativity, they amount to nothing but ****. Won't make any difference.

I look forward to this too.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:59 AM   #228
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm pretty sure I'd remember giving you permission to speak.

Do not make me use my ring hand.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:07 AM   #229
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Yes! On to editing and CGI!

Ignore the negativity, they amount to nothing but ****. Won't make any difference.

I look forward to this too.
This movie is going to suck as much as the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:15 AM   #230
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Haters just can't handle the truth as always.

Tmnt shall keep on rising.

#suckitbitches
Old 07-09-2015, 01:18 AM   #231
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:

#suckitbitches
Troll harder.

Quote:
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:33 AM   #232
Leo656
The Franchise

He'll NEVER be as good as This, bubba...

Best in de Vorld, jabroni. Percent, vun t'ousand.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:51 AM   #233
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Nothing will be as good as that!

Quote:
Old 07-09-2015, 02:03 AM   #234
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Is it Shark Week again? Seemed off the air recently. It was sorta nice.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:09 AM   #235
Leo656
The Franchise

Hah. I like you, You.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:26 AM   #236
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:

Rise half as high as Guardians of the Galaxy.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:39 AM   #237
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
My wife likes them. But holy sh*t, you're right about 'em. Especially how they NEVER END and it's impossible to tell what's actually going on because it's just sh*t blowing up EVERYWHERE. I maintain, the first one is a nice, fun little action flick that could've used more Transformers in it. Everything else is just Every Single Thing Wrong With Movies Nowadays, x 1000.

I hate TMNT just as much from a different direction, but I can't argue with ya. Other than to say, I'm more likely to watch any Transformers movie again in my lifetime than I am to ever willingly watch TMNT again. Reason being, I kind of never cared much about Trasnformers, I had a few as a kid and watched the show sometimes, so while I'm well aware they're blasphemous to the source material AND horrible films besides, I'm less emotionally invested, so I can at least endure them if they're on when my wife's watching them or something. I can't watch TMNT. I care too much, I'm too invested, and I can't stop shouting "WHY'd they f*ckin' DO THAT?!" at my TV.

I mean it, I can't, because every five seconds, they give you a new reason!

I get ya, though.
Yeah, I'm like that, too. I never really got into Transformers, so that's why those movies don't sting as much. TMNT stings so much because it's basically good Turtles in a horrible movie. They got Splinter so wrong, they got the origin story so wrong, and they got Shredder and the Foot so wrong. I mean, TMNT has its "bad movie benefits." I mean, it's shorter, so you don't have to deal with the feeling of sickness in your stomach for as long as you do with the Transformers, the Turtles themselves were okay, and when the action's there, you can see what's going on. What surprised me is that the use of shaky cam wasn't really there with TMNT compared to Transformers... Jesus Christ. The reason why I really don't like the first Transformers movie is the action: I CANNOT TELL WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.

Meanwhile, my brother's looking in awe at these things. I'm like, "How do you like this?" and he's like, "It's so cool! The fights are awesome!" and I'm just like, "IT LOOKS LIKE TWO JUNKYARDS HAVING SEX WITH EACH OTHER! I CAN'T EVEN TELL WHO THE HELL IS FIGHTING WHO?!"

You know what's weird, though? I recently saw Terminator Genisys... and I found myself thinking I'd rather watch a Bayformers movie. Why? Simple. While the plots in Bayformers are AWFUL and overcomplicated, they don't exactly shove it in your face. It only hurts to think about when you absolutely have to think about it. With the new Terminator, the plot is so stupid, and it's constantly FORCED in your face when it makes no sense whatsover. And just like how Peter Cullen is the one pure good thing about Transformers, Arnold is the one great thing about the new Terminator.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:05 AM   #238
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
And just like how Peter Cullen is the one pure good thing about Transformers, Arnold is the one great thing about the new Terminator.
How can you say that about a movie with Emilia Clarke in it!?
Old 07-09-2015, 11:09 AM   #239
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
How can you say that about a movie with Emilia Clarke in it!?
I'm a HUGE Game of Thrones fan, and I thought she was going to be fantastic... I'll say this, she worked with what she had. Some of the lines were just... awful. And I mean awful.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:36 PM   #240
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Rise half as high as Guardians of the Galaxy.
I wish I could go back in time to that Who will win August thread and just flat out say it would be GotG

A comic book movie about a comic book and characters nobody had ever heard of outside of like 10 comic book fans, beat out the NINJA TURTLES in theaters.

Beat the F*CK out of them.

That's really sad.

Quote:
Closed Thread

Tags
bantraximus, cybercubed_smells_bad, ninjaplease, trollimus, weedinfestation