The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-23-2020, 11:48 AM   #961
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

I just read this on the Toy News International website (Playmates Toy Fair gallery):

Quote:
"There are no new TMNT figures shown. Nickelodeon expected to announce the next incarnation of TMNT this spring and Playmates will be doing toys for it."
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 12:37 PM   #962
Zachatello00
Teenager w/ Attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
I just read this on the Toy News International website (Playmates Toy Fair gallery):
This was what I was expecting. Wonder if we’ll hear/see anything by SDCC...
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 05:56 PM   #963
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Man, the TMNT sure have been re-incarnated a lot!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:22 PM   #964
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Thank goodness! the 2K12 show was great, but I couldn't even finish the first episode of Rise. I went back later and tried to finish but still couldn't. I know some people liked it, but I thought it was terrible--even worse than the Bay films.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:35 PM   #965
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Thank goodness! the 2K12 show was great, but I couldn't even finish the first episode of Rise. I went back later and tried to finish but still couldn't. I know some people liked it, but I thought it was terrible--even worse than the Bay films.
I feel you. Rise is definitely different. I appreciate it what they are trying to do, going a different direction.
Afterall, what's the point of doing the same thing again and again.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:05 PM   #966
italianice388
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I feel you. Rise is definitely different. I appreciate it what they are trying to do, going a different direction.
Afterall, what's the point of doing the same thing again and again.
if it aint broke, don't fix it
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:15 PM   #967
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
if it aint broke, don't fix it
the 2012 series could have went on much longer. they were doing a terrific job
Old 02-23-2020, 07:23 PM   #968
mikey0
Mad Scientist

Playmates should have made less variant turtles for the 2k12 line and more side characters like Wyrm, Pizzaface, Wingnut, and Scumbug. I was disappointed entirely with the new Rise of the TMNT figures and series. 2k12 had potential, but it did not go on for long.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:22 AM   #969
Zachatello00
Teenager w/ Attitude

I always thought that some of the new things that rise brought could have been adapted into 2k12 to have extended the life of that show. Things such as, for example, introducing the new villain in Baron Draxum, exploring the mystic underground city, discovering new weapons, new powers, etc.

I think the biggest failure of rise wasn’t the radically new direction, but the fact that 2k12 seemed to have plenty of steam left in it and was being praised by veteran fans and newcomers alike. For awhile, it was almost like it was the early 90s again. So many kids were wearing TMNT shirts, buying TMNT toys, 2k3’s turtles didn’t just have the same....”punch” as 2k12 did. Turtle power was back! But then, they changed it so abruptly, so radically, so unexpectedly, it just didn’t make sense.

I think in order for something like rise to have worked, they should have given more time between 2k12 and perhaps marketed it a little better. Instead, it feels like they tied old yeller to the tree while he was good and healthy and tried to convince us he was sick and needed to go. And then brought in a very new dog and expected us to love it just as much. Maybe a crude illustration, but that best encapsulates how I feel.
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:43 PM   #970
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Agree that some of the ideas would have worked okay/better with a show like 2012 that's a bit more faithful to the franchise and who the Turtles are, particularly if brought in later as other new adventures and foes in their post-Shredder years.

This "new dog" is sort of like that "puppy" that my mom's friend's daughter picked up in her front yard one day back when we were kids...and then it bit her in the stomach because that "puppy" was in fact a groundhog and probably sick.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:47 PM   #971
Zachatello00
Teenager w/ Attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
This "new dog" is sort of like that "puppy" that my mom's friend's daughter picked up in her front yard one day back when we were kids...and then it bit her in the stomach because that "puppy" was in fact a groundhog and probably sick.
nailed it!
Old 02-27-2020, 12:29 AM   #972
Angry_Raph
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Guess I should really 86 my hopes of getting the lower half of the Rise lair that was shown when the line launched. Not really shocked though.
Angry_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 02:09 PM   #973
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Finally found one at a not-horrible price. Wanted to try to get the remaining villains I missed before these start disappearing for good.

*EDIT BELOW*

Well nevermind, seller cancelled it 3 days later and never shipped it. Sigh...

Last edited by Zulithe; 03-14-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:27 AM   #974
Night Monkey
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
https://i.imgur.com/ZwyDcHz.png

Finally found one at a not-horrible price. Wanted to try to get the remaining villains I missed before these start disappearing for good.

*EDIT BELOW*

Well nevermind, seller cancelled it 3 days later and never shipped it. Sigh...
I saw a Bullhop twice now. One was in small town Walmart near where I live. That is the same store I nabbed a couple Shredders. I considered Bullhop, but honestly was interested in him like I was some of the others. If I go that way I can try to at nab him for you if he’s still there. I also saw Wrestling Mikey a few times. I have a wrestling Leo and Hypnopautmus if anyone is interested in them as well.
Night Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:48 AM   #975
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Monkey View Post
I saw a Bullhop twice now. One was in small town Walmart near where I live. That is the same store I nabbed a couple Shredders. I considered Bullhop, but honestly was interested in him like I was some of the others. If I go that way I can try to at nab him for you if he’s still there. I also saw Wrestling Mikey a few times. I have a wrestling Leo and Hypnopautmus if anyone is interested in them as well.
Oh, if you do see an extra Shredder, I would be interested! Thank you!

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 01:53 PM   #976
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Still trying to track down a bullhop. I don't want to pay $18+ for him. Hopefully patience will win in the end.

Meanwhile, Toy Loft (Playmates on Amazon) restocked SDCC Shredder if anyone wants it still. It's back at the higher price though. It went down to like $20 at one point.
https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutan...dp/B07VCH3RR2/
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:07 AM   #977
D Piddy 1982
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
I am a perennial lurker but as a firm Rise fan I do think you are taking the p*** when you say it is worse than the Bay films!

The Bay films have no coherent plot or storyline, the Turtles themselves have no likeable qualities. I know design is a subjective area, but even that is 10 times better than the Bay designs!

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost, in time, like tears... in... rain. Time... to die."
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:07 AM   #978
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

New toys coming soon to McDonalds New Zealand:

SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:21 AM   #979
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You know, as much as I'm not fond of 'Rise,' those toys are kind of interesting so I'm almost a little envious if they won't be the ones this country gets.

Though the Leo one is kind of curious... I can't think of anything that presently relates to or upcoming eps that sound like they would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
I know design is a subjective area, but even that is 10 times better than the Bay designs!
I dunno, to judge them in a bit more comparable medium, the OotS Step Into Reading books illustrated them in a way that's relatively decent, imo. (Sorry about the pic quality, couldn't find any images online so just took a quick camera pic of a page.)
Spoiler:

As for the toys between the two lines... matter of opinion and figure in question. 'Rise' itself has not translated too well into toy form.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-21-2020 at 09:55 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:41 PM   #980
Powder
Salami Origami

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
'Rise' itself has not translated too well into toy form.
No fault of the designs. Playmates is just virtually incapable of accuracy.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018, action figures, playmates, rise of the tmnt, toys