The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #81
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
I don't believe that Is the Kickstarter book
It’s not ... two totally different books.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:42 PM   #82
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
If it is not out yet then why does it say its in stock? I looked it up after I discovered this thread earlier this week and it showed as in stock.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...KIKX0DER&psc=1
That's not this book. The book being discussed here is a massive encyclopedia depicting over 3500 action figures, statuettes, and the like. The book you linked covers more than just toys, but doesn't go as in-depth.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:58 PM   #83
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
I don't believe that Is the Kickstarter book
RaphaelinSTL cleared me up in PM. It is odd having something similar coming out the same quarter of the same year. That is what confused me when looking for the product advertised in the kickstarter. Also, to clarify I did not have time to read every single post which may have added to the mix up.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #84
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

New update went out today. Book is expected to see a release date of February now. He mentions Nickelodeon, but only that they're expecting a copy like us.

Quote:
Everyone, I sincerely apologize for the radio silence on here this past month. This update should address everything. First, let me say that no one is more eager to receive the book than me. There is also Nickelodeon, along with you backers, waiting to receive a copy.

Originally, I planned on receiving the books in late December to ship out after Christmas going into January. However, I decided to adjust the book a relaunched the campaign. So everyone gets the same material and information in a sleeker refined book. The revision alone took 4-6 weeks. In addition to that, my area and home were severely affected by the hurricane as everyone knows. All of this pushed the book back 4-6 weeks. The problem is, printing in late November is the busiest time of the year. So, the printing queue was pushed back due to other orders from other businesses.

The book cover - As always, I had one mission with the book. It was to create one of the greatest action figure books ever made. So, I chose to have an embossed cover. Embossed meaning that you can feel the skin and grooves on the cover graphics. One side in particular features NECA movie Raph. I believed that this addition would take the book up another notch. The embossing process took longer than expected.

Blister Packaging - I also envisioned this book with a blister or foil packaging. The blister packaging process involves a molding process. This process is done by an entirely different company. They have to actually make a custom mold that will support the book weight and card back.

I could not update anyone with any new shipping dates because everything was ongoing in real time. There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes, trust me I'm working day and night to make this memorable. So please keep in mind that this will not be an ordinary book. Honestly, there may less than 50 additional copies available for purchase. The value and eBay resell prices maybe 4 to 6 times the price you have paid.

As for anyone with any doubts about the books, I’ve attached photos of book printing in the past. I’ve printed over 13,000 books and magazines independently. Every book, magazine, and project has sold out. This is by far the smallest print run that I've ever done. The shipping process for these will be a breeze. It is the holiday printing, packaging, logistics, and possible customs inspections that might cause delays.

Again, I know that everyone is upset, but please understand that the books will be worth the wait. The new timeline for the books to arrive will be in February. Once they arrive, I will fly out and ship the books accordingly. It really depends on how fast customs can clear the cargo. Customs can take as little as 1 week or up to 7 weeks for clearance. From there it is transported to a holding warehouse for pickup. From there, it is then picked up by me and my crew and then shipped from a rented space or warehouse. I will keep everyone updated on the entire process. I will also have a proper review and photos of the soon to arrive samples.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:05 AM   #85
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

It's a Kickstarter campaign, delays are expected. Especially after a hurricane...
Old 12-19-2017, 08:58 AM   #86
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Yeah. And to be honest we should be pretty grateful that despite these setbacks, the release date has only been pushed back by about 7-8 weeks. That delay could have been a lot more substantial.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:44 PM   #87
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
If it is not out yet then why does it say its in stock? I looked it up after I discovered this thread earlier this week and it showed as in stock.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...KIKX0DER&psc=1
That is not the book we are talking about. No idea what is in that.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:55 AM   #88
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Alright ... now this is worrisome.

It's almost the end of February (the timeline of when the books were expected to be released) and we haven't gotten any updates since December.

I can be patient (Last year, I waited six months for a vinyl that was supposed to be delivered in two weeks) but at least some kind of updates would be nice. I know this is usually the norm for some kickstarters, but I'm hoping we hear something soon.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:19 AM   #89
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Been wondering about this myself the past few days.
We might already be past the point of getting money back out of Kickstarter...
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:34 AM   #90
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I think so as well. I looked into his other Kickstarters and it seemed those were delayed a bit as well, but ultimately ... I just want the thing as opposed to a refund. =/

Hopefully we get some news within the next few days.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:52 PM   #91
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
You obviously don't understand how Kickstarter works. It's not a retail shop that offers refunds.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:02 PM   #92
Ninjinister
無問題

Bruh.

I've had Kickstarters go two years without an update and it finally came out eventually.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:14 PM   #93
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

I'm late to the party but can i just buy the book?
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:39 PM   #94
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
You obviously don't understand how Kickstarter works. It's not a retail shop that offers refunds.
My wife runs her own Kickstarters, but I don't get involved. The campaign owner can certainly issue refunds. But I know how credit card disputes over goods promised and not received work, broski!

You may be interested to read about the 2015 Washington state ruling about crowdfunding theft.

There's nothing wrong with a delay. There's something MAJORLY WRONG with someone taking money from numerous people on a promise and then not finding the 5 minutes to write even a small update for a nearly two month period.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:47 PM   #95
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Is there anyway we can contact him directly via a direct email or phone number? Seems like we should at least have that right in the event that this delay keeps up.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:59 PM   #96
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
I'm late to the party but can i just buy the book?
That is unknown. In theory and based on what was said in the Kickstarter, the plan was to print enough books for the backers and a minimum number of extras to cover any issues with copies lost in shipment, print errors etc... There would be a few extras, but you probably wouldn't get a chance to buy another.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:40 AM   #97
utromx
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
Is there anyway we can contact him directly via a direct email or phone number? Seems like we should at least have that right in the event that this delay keeps up.
thetmntbook@gmail.com That is the email I used when talking to him before the Kickstarter was finished.
utromx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:32 AM   #98
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

So this is unobtainable ?

only Just Found out about this
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:46 PM   #99
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
So this is unobtainable ?

only Just Found out about this
That has yet to be determined. The plan for the Kick Starter campaign did not include inventory for a wider release. But I suspect that there will be a few people who change their minds about the book by the time it comes out and will be looking to sell a copy. And there was some talk from the person running the campaign that Kevin Eastman may have been buying copies in bulk to sign/sell at conventions as well as rumblings Nickelodeon getting involved, so perhaps it will see a more official release later.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:35 PM   #100
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

The problem with these kinda book is........... it gets outdated.

http://www.tmnttoys.com/ to the rescue !!!
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote