The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-07-2024, 10:03 AM   #1
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

What was your reaction when you first seen this show?

So what were your thoughts on this show when it first aired? I remember when I first watched it and seen Hun I was thinking to myself "Who's this guy? Where's Bebop and Rocksteady?". I mind when I seen Shredder I was thinking "Why is Shredder so serious, why is he not funny like the 1987 Shredder?" I was 14 (nearly turning 15 I think) when this show first came on TV. Then a few years later the show really grew on me when I started to prefer shows with a more serious tone. I remember my mother getting me a TMNT 2003 easter egg and it had the Attack of the Mousers Volume 1 DVD in the box along with the egg watched it at my grandmother's house when I got it (good happy times ). When I heard that the show was closer to the Mirage comic books in tone it made me want to read them out of curiosity.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:32 PM   #2
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

I was genuinely excited. Even though I was in my early 20s, I felt like a kid again to be able to watch Ninja Turtles on a Saturday morning. When I learned the show was going to be closer to the source material, I was even more intrigued, having consumed basically everything the franchise had to offer since the 80s.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 12:50 AM   #3
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

This show re-awakened my love for TMNT and brought me to this forum.

'Nuff said.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 02:50 AM   #4
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
I was closely following every bit of new info prior to the show's release so I had an idea of what to expect. Even so, my expectations were still surpassed when it first aired on February 8 2003.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 06:22 AM   #5
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

To be honest I did not know that this show existed until way later. At the time I was really busy and always skateboarding. I got exposed to it from the video games based off of it. It wasn't until the complete dvd collection came out last year that I finally watched it all. I thought it was pretty good. I do think it is weird that they don't have pupils in their eyes though. It worked for the action figures, but I prefer my cartoons to have pupils.
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 07:38 AM   #6
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog McMutt View Post
To be honest I did not know that this show existed until way later. At the time I was really busy and always skateboarding. I got exposed to it from the video games based off of it. It wasn't until the complete dvd collection came out last year that I finally watched it all. I thought it was pretty good. I do think it is weird that they don't have pupils in their eyes though. It worked for the action figures, but I prefer my cartoons to have pupils.
I really wish they put Slashuur from the Battle Nexus game into the series. Really liked that character.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:33 AM   #7
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower1988 View Post
I really wish they put Slashuur from the Battle Nexus game into the series. Really liked that character.
I don't remember him too well. It's been a couple of years since I beat the game and I haven't gone back to it due to a couple of levels that were insanely hard. I prefer the gameboy advance version of Battle Nexus.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:22 AM   #8
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I don't remember him too well. It's been a couple of years since I beat the game and I haven't gone back to it due to a couple of levels that were insanely hard. I prefer the gameboy advance version of Battle Nexus.

It's been a while since I've played the first one, the Battle Nexus game and Mutant Nightmare. I used to have them all for the PS2. I wish they would release them in a collection for Nintendo Switch or the consoles. I played the GBA version of the first one last year but I've never played Battle Nexus for GBA though.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:44 AM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Anger," I guess.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 11:48 AM   #10
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower1988 View Post

It's been a while since I've played the first one, the Battle Nexus game and Mutant Nightmare. I used to have them all for the PS2. I wish they would release them in a collection for Nintendo Switch or the consoles. I played the GBA version of the first one last year but I've never played Battle Nexus for GBA though.
I also have all three of those games for the PS 2. I must have thpught that Slashur was part of the cartoon since I haven't yet watched it. I thought the first game was great until the final boss. He was way too difficult. I thought the third game was a legit great game without too many faults. I think all of the gameboy advamce games were pretty good.
Old 03-08-2024, 12:02 PM   #11
IMJ
Emperor

By the time this show was launched I had been long out of TMNT fandom - those early 20's years where you are out and about all the time.

But I caught an episode of this show while waiting for an episode of ST Enterprise to air back in the day. I distinctly remember my Dad in the next room and I said something to him to the effect of "look how cool this show looks? Now they make things exactly the way you wanted to see them as a kid and I'm not around for it".

Basically I thought it looked awesome, but had sort of accepted then that I had my moment with TMNT as a kid and that moment had passed. It wasn't until the crossover animated movie was released where I went back and dabbled with TMNT '03.

Quote:
I also have all three of those games for the PS 2. I must have thpught that Slashur was part of the cartoon since I haven't yet watched it. I thought the first game was great until the final boss. He was way too difficult. I thought the third game was a legit great game without too many faults. I think all of the gameboy advamce games were pretty good.
I actually bought those only a couple of years ago when I rediscovered my PS2. They were solid games....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 05:44 PM   #12
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Well, ‘Garbageman’ was the first episode I saw so wasn’t a good ep to start with. It took me a while to get into the series. I missed characters and concepts from the 90s Tmnt series, but I did like straight away the tone which reminded me of the red sky seasons from that series. It was seeing ‘The Shredder Strikes Part 2’ that got me hooked, though could only see select eps due to the show being on in a bad time slot at first.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 03:58 PM   #13
Icebot
Foot Elite

At first I was hoping it would be like the 1987 cartoon but even though it was very different, I slowly learned to like it the way it was.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote