The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: A new foot order....
Do I detect a resemblance? 4 17.39%
Apparently I'm not the only one being considered for early retirement 4 17.39%
We can take them out easy. Theyre not ninja's, theyre flunkies! 12 52.17%
She let them go?! 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 07:23 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

New Ep Discussion: "New Blood"

Well, so much for this week. I'll get the next one up sooner than this.

Anyways... *missed Xmas Aliens*

So, Baxter's made some new robots? I"m sure Karai will just LOVE this Idea. Maybe she'll get an Idea to use Baxter's floating aquarium for a trashbin or something...

Oh yeah.. speaking of Floating items... I wonder how Beijing's doing. Considering they've been up there for a Few MONTHS! Maybe Nasa's helpin bring the folks back down? Well, maybe if they had a couple Thousand ships to send up. But I doubt it. Can you imagine the havoc? McDonald's has GOT to be running out of supplies by now, unless they've turned to some really odd soylent Green thing.

...lets hope not.

Oh yeah..

STAY TUNED!!!
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 01-22-2005, 09:33 AM   #2
creativerealms82
Hench Mutant

The episode is called New Blood and not new Guard.

Nice that they are continuing with the businessman side of Oroko Saki/The Shredder something the first two seasons failed to show.

Sweet Karai taking out a reporter who is trying to connect Shredder and Saki.

The Water tower is back.

Donnie is a cheater.

Nice to see the normal foot soldiers can still get some good hits on the turtles makes them less perfect.

The foot and the Government are working together, its nice being rich.

Dumb Hun.

40 million is out of the question, you need 140 million.

Saki is pissed off with Hun.

Stockman is getting replaced; maybe this is a good thing.

Nerdy scientist is in love with Karai and based his bots on her.

Karai VS Karai bots, sweet.

Karai bots owning Karai in combat.

The foot geneticist are trained by Karai, as are the foot soldiers.

Hi Karai er Karai bots.

Wow once again the commercial start with a weapon at someone’s head, that is twice today.

Stockman is worried he might die.

"Sorry Karai" Leo feels bad even killing a robot karai.

Stockman just help the turtles to save his own job.

The real Karai is working both sides; she is loyal to the Shredder and the turtles.

Shredder seems to have some huge plan in the works and dead weight (Hun and Stockman) are not needed, looks like one of them or both will die soon.

Great episode 9/10.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:33 AM   #3
Zachatello00
Teenager w/ Attitude

Sure can't wait for that Dr. Chapman to start loosing limbs. Who the shell is he anyway?
That TRI base is probably the closest we'll ever see to the technodrome in this new show.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:36 AM   #4
jestergoblin
Stone Warrior

Ahhhhhh.. its good to be back with the turtles.

It was a solid Turtle vs Shredder episode. The Karai bots were nice but they seemed to constantly be changing scale.

Donny seems to have a new weapon now.

No really funny Mikey quotes this time it seemed, oh well.

Did anyone else think that Dr. Chapman sounded like Donny? And that he was wearing a green shirt and purple tie.

Just how much money does Oroku Saki have? I think we're going to see some major overhauls of the Foot.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:41 AM   #5
PanMan
Stone Warrior

great episode!

looks like everybody is a robot now. the regular foot soldiers, the tech division too. at least that's what i think they were hinting at. they all fight like karai and they are much better than before. perhaps that new guy made everybody a karai clone. it is starting to resemble the old toon more and more. personally i prefer if they are all human, but i'll see how this goes too.

oh, and looks like shredder is planning on building a transmat of some sort to transport himself to the Utrom home world . this looks to be very interesting.

it's also nice that hun is on shredder's bad side. i wonder when karai will be too once shredder sees her true colors.

[February 19, 2005] I believe that The Shredder will appear in the New Cartoon past Season 3
Old 01-22-2005, 09:44 AM   #6
ninjapizza
Foot Soldier

Did anyone else think that Dr. Chapman resembled old toon Baxter?
Old 01-22-2005, 09:45 AM   #7
Y2Bogus
Foot Soldier

Did anyone else make the connection of Dr Chappman to the old Baxter Stockman from the 90's toon?
Old 01-22-2005, 09:50 AM   #8
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Well, that was certainly an...interesting...episode. Beginning with the fact that they switched the ep-TITLE on us! Someone around here SAID it would be called "New Blood", and sure enough, it was! Geez, talk about getting thrown off!

Anyway, I like this ep. The Karai-bots were...interesting, as was the growing development that Hun is falling farther and farther out of favor with his master. Wonder if Karai's arrival last season has anything to do with this? We'll see, I guess. And I know that there are some around here that don't like her just a whole lot, but I like the fact that she's trying to keep her deal with the guys about not fighting against them. The look she exchanged with Leo while he and the guys were still in the water was telling. She DOESN'T want to fight them, and so she let them go, when she could have easily captured them. She's still a good person who's trying to uphold her honor. I just have a feeling that, before this season is over, she's going to come fully to her senses, leave the Shredder, and maybe defect to the guys. Which would be a good move on HER part.

And was anyone as annoyed with Dr. Chapman, the "new kid on the block" (sorry, couldn't resist the pun. So sue me), who invented the Karai-bots as I was?! This guy grates on the nerves even WORSE than Baxter always has, IF that's possible! Yeesh!

And Donnie catching up with Leo where losing weapons is concerned, I think. I've lost count by now as to how many swords Leo's had destroyed or lost, but this is TWO bos that Donnie's had cut in half now. Loved the way he confiscated that one Karai-bot's naginata, though. I hope he keeps it as a trophy, or maybe uses it now and again. Although I know he loves the simplicity of the bo, so I doubt that the naginata will see the light of day very often.

Well, the plot continues to thicken, peeps. And the previews for NEXT week look very...interesting...too. Looks like Shredder-Raph is going to make an early debut. Mikey was ceratinly freaked by it all, as was evidenced by his frantic narration. Another definite must-see ep! And SPEAKING of which...........

Machi, I will get the preview-dialogue for next week's ep to you just as quickly as I can. Check you inbox in about an hour or so, okay? Cool.

Peace, y'all.

Last edited by Whitewolf89; 01-22-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:50 AM   #9
Duke
Mad Scientist

I really thought the Raph as shredder was going to part of reality check but i guess not. Hmm...interesting
Old 01-22-2005, 09:59 AM   #10
Whitewolf89

Maybe it's going to happen in the next ep AND in the "Reality Check" ep-arc. Again, we'll just have to wait and see.

What's the title of NEXT week's ep again? Oh, yes, it called "The Darkness Within", the one that Kazzy's been waiting for with Angel's brother in it. Can't wait for THIS one, myself!

Hmmm, just went back and watched the preview for next week again. I think it's going to deal with the guys facing their worst fears (and no, I don't mean Raph's dislike of bugs!). I mean like Master Splinter turning on them, which seems to be Leo's worst fear, or Raph turning into the Shredder, which might be Mikey's. Like I said, we'll just have to wait and see.

Peace.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:00 AM   #11
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

oh, you don't gotta worry about that now, *has SOUND!!!!* Thanks for the offer tho. Excellent summary on the ep tho...
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 01-22-2005, 10:07 AM   #12
Whitewolf89

That's cool. I'm glad you have sound. And know that the offer still stands, and always will, if ya ever need it again, sys. I was honored to be of help, temporary though it was. *bows respectfully to her esteemed colleague*

And thanks for the compliment. Just throwing on my two-cents.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:20 AM   #13
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

*bows in return* Your help is always appreciated.

I liked this episode. Shredder's trying to make his business a bit more self-efficient. By getting rid of hired thugs (Hun and PD), he'll not only save money, but investing it into the city and getting this god-like reputation will help a LOT. can you imagine what would happen if he made the turtles known to public society and said they had to be destroyed?

It'd be the thing with Dregg all over again. but this would be WAY better....
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 01-22-2005, 11:20 AM   #14
LionO
Foot Soldier

Yeah, I enjoyed this ep a lot. It added more insight and dimension to the story.Really looking forward to next weeks new episode!

"You are what you experience.You experience what you express.You express what you have to express.You have what you grant yourself."
Old 01-22-2005, 12:11 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

The New Guard just aired and it was pretty good. I like the fact that there are still Tri-bases on Earth. It would be stupid if they just forgot about them, as many did crash and fall on the planet.

I also love the fact that Shredder is still rebuilding New York, and has the Mayor on his side. This new scientist reminds me of Baxter from the Original cartoon series, he looks and sounds like him too except this guy has red hair. I seriously can't be the only one who see's this resemblence.

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/...alo/Baxter.jpg

And the Foot appear to be a threat again! This is good news, as the TMNT were beating the normal Foot Soldiers too easily, I'm glad they are trained a bit better now.

Good ep, I wonder what it was that Shredder was after.

Last edited by CyberCubed; 01-22-2005 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:02 PM   #16
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

it was an ok ep. I like character driven eps mostly not action driven.

Donnie's cheat was cool

Karai bots...ehhh thrill

I feel sorry for Hun, he's gonna be replaced

well whatever, it was ok

I can't wait fer the next one..that looks interesting
Old 01-22-2005, 01:22 PM   #17
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Did anyone else think that Dr. Chapman sounded like Donny? And that he was wearing a green shirt and purple tie.
Oh, yes I did. (the voice, not the clothing colors... interesting!) I wish they'd put up guest voice credits tailored for the episode, it's kind of TRADITIONAL... (not to mention displaying them in a way that is humanly possible to read... but that's the problem of whomever designs how these things appear when televized). Pretty much the only thing I think they're being tacky about in the FoxBox/4Kids series (besides the endless 'shell' comments... my biggest pet peeve!! *Three times* in this ep! ).

Quote:
Did anyone else think that Dr. Chapman resembled old toon Baxter?

Did anyone else make the connection of Dr Chappman to the old Baxter Stockman from the 90's toon?
I noticed that too. A little nod now and then is kind of fun.

Quote:
And was anyone as annoyed with Dr. Chapman, the "new kid on the block" (sorry, couldn't resist the pun. So sue me), who invented the Karai-bots as I was?!
*shrugs* I thought he was kinda cute, actually. He's got a crush on Karai, aww. I don't get that slimy evil feeling I get with Baxter. I think this guy just likes to build stuff, and isn't thinking about what his tech is actually going to be used for. Yeah, he's overly-enthused, but I think that'll wear off. Quickly.

Quote:
I just have a feeling that, before this season is over, she's going to come fully to her senses, leave the Shredder, and maybe defect to the guys. Which would be a good move on HER part.
It sounded to me like Saki intends to leave the earth, and alone. He'd be leaving everyone behind anyway, I think. Maybe that would convince her. (unless she realizes he's leaving, which I don't think she does). Not that I think he'll succeed.

Quote:
I've lost count by now as to how many swords Leo's had destroyed or lost,
*blinks* Only one pair, I thought. He's always recovered them the other times.

Quote:
can you imagine what would happen if he made the turtles known to public society and said they had to be destroyed?
Oh wow. Scary...

I do wish they'd at least mention Beijing every now and then. Doesn't seem like anyone's very concerned about it.

And... if Baxter loses his job, how good is the job market for a brain in a jar?

My thoughts on next week's ep:

It's a nightmare world!! It's...IT'S.... IMAGE COMICS! AAAAAUGH!!! THE HORROR!!

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Old 01-22-2005, 01:31 PM   #18
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

I love being evil...

Can you imagine how the guys would react to Saki holding such a threat over their heads?

"Either abandon your crusade and leave New York, or I will unleash the authorities upon you and your friends...!"

Then he could just tell everyone and then leave this dimension.

Next week looks VERY promising... I just HAD to get the teaser up..!
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 01-22-2005, 01:44 PM   #19
Whitewolf89

You've got it up ALREADY?! VERY cool, Machi! *runs off to read it*

Peace.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:48 PM   #20
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Yep, I decided to go for a more ominous tone this time... I got totally freaked out by the preview for next week. I was like, "DAMN, I cannot Wait to do that teaser!"

As for thsi week, I really like the direction its starting to turn in. Shredder's getting back into the japanese roots of the foot, by having Karai training the foot, and not Hun. Much more structured.
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Closed Thread