The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: It could be Mike's dream come true...
...or our dimension could be trying to erase you. 10 30.30%
Woah... Sliver = Buff Evil Splinter ?! 5 15.15%
Casey in a suit! 5 15.15%
They killed Sliver.... O_o 4 12.12%
Awww... they put a statue up for Mikey. 9 27.27%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 12:53 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

New Ep Discussion: "Reality Check" aka Machi's EVIL

And you thought I was gone for good….

Well, after a bit of a hiatus, I have returned to entertain and antagonize you with a teaser for our newest upcoming episode of the Ninja turtles. (I know, Hun on the Run is supposed to be next. But we’ve had enough spoilers from that… )

So, the Triceratons are gone, Shredder’s keeping out of sight, and things are calming down for our family of fighters. Time for a break!

If only that were true.

An old enemy’s going to make an appearance, and turn the boys’ world upside down. Ripped out of their home and strewn across time and space, the boys could be Millions of years away from home. What kind of dimensions are they going to find themselves in?
Will they go back in time? Will they find themselves 5000 years in the future? A world where they were trained by Splinter to be evil? Or trained by the Shredder? What about a world where they weren’t trained to be ninjas, and lived like wild animals? What about a world where they were accepted by society? What if they end up in a world where scientists or the government has captured them? Or maybe.. a world where they never existed? When you’re dealing with time and trans-dimensional travel, anything is possible. And that’s not always a good thing…

Let us not forget the trauma the boys will undergo… alone. Our first victim is Michelangelo. While he is an excellent fighter, he depends on his brothers to be there for him. What is he going to experience? What can he do to get reunited with his brothers? How will Any of them know? You can’t figure out how to get somewhere if you Don’t Know Where you are.

So what is going to happen? Who will Mike meet that will help him get back to his dimension?

The next few weeks are going to be very interesting. The boys are getting tossed helter-skelter, and the struggle to get back together is going to be NUTS. From Reality Check to The Real World Part Two, its going to be Big goings on. One can only wonder what Shredder will be up to during this time…

WILL MIKEY FIND HIS WAY BACK?!
HOW WILL HE EVER BE REUNITED WITH HIS BROTHERS?!
WHY IS HE STILL TRYING THAT SUPERHERO STUFF?!
CAN YOU STAND THE FACT THAT ITS OVER TWO WEEKS UNTIL THIS SHOWS?! MAYBE THREE?!?!?!

((Any My personal question… Where the Heck is Splinter?! First it was Beijing hanging in the middle of the air for months on end, and Now Splinter’s disappeared on us! He was so Active during the first season… now he’s just…blah. We’ve barely seen him since “The Lesson” (which I am STILL trying to find. As well as the Xmas ep. Help me!)! I sincerely hope we get to see him in action, as in Not meditating in his room or just sitting around watching the boys. Bishop’s Gambit won’t come FAST ENOUGH! ))

STAY TUNED!!!

(Mods are Welcomed to comment and tell me I'm Evil! )
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 03-03-2005, 09:38 PM   #2
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
Heh heh...

Its Wednesday.... Just a few more days until the madness begins! Hide the remote, get rid of the parents, lock the siblings in their rooms and Horde some cocoa puffs! Its almost the weekend!

*plots future teasers, and a way to turn off the Teaser Killer*

Less than 36 hours til Reality Check! You better have your sugary cereals and sibling traps ready!!!
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 03-05-2005, 09:38 AM   #3
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

We're open!
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 03-05-2005, 09:50 AM   #4
Dontebell
Stone Warrior

an evil master splinter,it almost like star wars
Old 03-05-2005, 09:57 AM   #5
Kazari
Foot Elite

Leo with a whip!! *snickers* I like Don's quote "Hey Watch the Merchandise" *snickers* The upcoming preview looked really horrific with the ending song LOL

Utlimate Drako rules!!
Old 03-05-2005, 10:01 AM   #6
stege-chan
Foot Soldier

Whoa...

I am SO reminded of Superfriends...it's plot, and it's utter cheezieness. Shell of Justice. *snicker*

Anyways, I think I was expecting a lot worse from this episode, but it didn't turn out so bad. I kinda wish the beginning had been a little longer; maybe a nice, longer monologue from Ultimate-Draco.

Mikey on the verge of freaking out when he thought he was alone~ so cute! *glomps him*

And the super hero Mikey - who's name I never caught (I was sleepy o.o), denying that he was that dimension's Mikey was funny too. XD Is it just me, or did it sound like he was trying more to sound like Raph?

And Mikey and Mikey HAD to think alike, otherwise I don't think the superhero version of him could have pulled off that whole acting bit with The Sliver. Two Mikeys...a horror for turtles in both dimensions. >.>

Anyway, this episode was good; pretty funny. I do wonder though, was Mikey sent back home, or somewhere else? Methinks he may have been sent somewhere else. Maybe the Nexus? It just seems strange that Ultimate-Draco's magic would have something more in store...
Old 03-05-2005, 10:10 AM   #7
Usagi Yojimbo
Random Punk

I like seeing Klunk again. That was a good epsiode superhero turtles and mikey whats to know which one he is.

My TMNT site http://www.freewebs.com/tmntbattlenexus/
Old 03-05-2005, 10:12 AM   #8
Duke
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Yojimbo
I like seeing Klunk again.
Yeah, I did too.

I liked this episode but like Mikey I like superheros.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:18 AM   #9
Kazari
Foot Elite

I think Mikey scared Klunk because he was trying to pat his head and Klunk moved away!
Old 03-05-2005, 10:36 AM   #10
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior

Good episode. Loved the references to the Fantastic Four (Penultimate Nullificator, The Sliver having all the Turtles powers like Super Skrull) and Superman (Utromidium). Judging from the preview, next week's episode look like it's going to suck.

And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman
Old 03-05-2005, 10:47 AM   #11
Kazari
Foot Elite

Seeing april as the mayor and hearing about a doomsday device reminded me of SWAT kats in a way LOL. I'll try to have preview pics up later on today.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:26 AM   #12
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
I really liked this one, but I have to admit, I was laughing through a lot of it, mostly at Mikey, who was, for most of it, his usual, goofy, superhero-worshipping self. I DID rather LIKE the SuperTurtles, too, though. Although for a minute, when it clicked with them that Mikey was there, I thought they were gonna clobber him like they were the holograms in their practice room.

It was nice, too, to see Mikey being given credit for his intelligence for once in his idea for solving the problem of the Sliver (cool parody of Splinter's name, btw). He's a LOT smarter than his brothers, and even Master Splinter, give him credit for being, and I hope they get into that more as the seasons go on. He can still be the family goofball, but they need to bring out his serious side more. 'Cause, despite what everbody thinks, he DOES have one.

And folks around here can clobber me for this, but I thought that the evil Splinter/Sliver was kinda cool looking, too. I just wonder what TURNED him evil, 'cause it's obvious from the way that the SuperTurtles all talked that he WASN'T evil at one time, at least. 'Cause IF he HAD been, they would be, too. Makes sense, no?

And what I really, REALLY liked was that, at the end, Mikey didn't HAVE to rely on superpowers TO be able to beat Sliver. He just used good, old-fashioned ninja skill and cunning. Just like Splinter taught him to. Loved the way he flitched Sliver's walking-stick/power-sceptre, then turned it against Sliver. And THEN had the idea to reverse the whatever-it-was that Sliver wanted to destroy the city with.

I also wonder just where he got sent to after he phased OUT of the SuprTurtles' dimension? Something tells me it AIN'T anyplace good. But that MAY just be me. I hope it's somewhere where he'll be reunited with the rest of the guys. And was Splinter sent off somewhere, too? I can't remember. I taped it, so I gotta go back and rewatch it to see.

April as the mayor of "Megatropolis" was a nice touch. But what happened to "New York City", as the city's name? Oh, yeah, different dimension, so different city-name, duh. Momentarily forgot that. Although "Megatroplis" is a bit TOO close to "MET-ropolis" for MY liking. Kinda close to "MEGA-Kat City", too, actually.

And Casey as a clutz in a suit with short hair. *snickers* Doesn't quite compute, but it WAS funny.

On last note: I did NOT like how easily that "Ultimate Drako" found the Lair. I hope they find some way to delete (or whatever you call it) that particular bit of info from that combined abomination's collective memory. Maybe when it's Leo's turn in "The Real World", Part 2, they can finally deal with these two arrogant idiots? I hope.

Whew! Rather lengthy review on my part! And as much as I loved this ep, I can-NOT wait for NEXT week's! It's a RAPHIE ep, and it looks really cool!!! I just wonder what sort of mess that HE's going to be getting himself into as a "Planet Racer"? And I wonder if HE'LL get phased out of THAT dimension and sent to...wherever, too? Just have to wait and see, I guess.

Peace, y'all.

Last edited by Whitewolf89; 03-05-2005 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:28 AM   #13
Whitewolf89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeys_in_tha_hizouse
Judging from the preview, next week's episode look like it's going to suck.
What?! It looked cool to me! I, for one, can't wait. I also liked the fact that the preview was done on a full screen, rather than sticking it in a little box in the end credits.

Peace.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:38 AM   #14
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeys_in_tha_hizouse
Judging from the preview, next week's episode look like it's going to suck.
How many times have I "heard" people "say" that and be proven wrong?

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Old 03-05-2005, 11:47 AM   #15
Whitewolf89

Well put, Anarchistguy. Very well put, indeed.

Peace.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:13 PM   #16
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

I third that e-motion... ;)

Dont worry, Whitewolf, I liked Evil Splinter too...

I really liked this episode. From Mike pestering Leo during his practice to seeing his Superhero dream to evil Splinter, It was a bit rushed, but very good.

Buff Evil Splinter was my favorite...
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 03-05-2005, 12:32 PM   #17
Duke
Mad Scientist

Well, I'm not saying I won't be proven wrong but the next ep did look like crap.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:48 PM   #18
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

This episode was sooooo corny. Yeah it was great fun. Did anyone notice that the actors sounded like they're trying to deliver those lines in a corny fashion as well? Like Leonardo when he was leading the turtles at the enterance of Sliver's fortress. I enjoyed this episode a lot more than I thought.

First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:48 PM   #19
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Good episode...Loved the humor and the action....Gridex rox (but i'm bias..) Evil Splinter...errr....Sliver (cheesy name if u ask me) was cool, Mayor o'neil was awesome.
One gripe: (and if KROW were here he'd so second this) Casey....what's with the sudden change from tough street vigilantie to bumbling oaf?? please...i beg of u write Casey better....

Fave Quote: "Comic Geek, sorry...."

Side note: u think Splinter will have his own one shot?? he was trapped by Ultimate Draco as well as the boys....

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Old 03-05-2005, 12:55 PM   #20
Turtleman100
Hench Mutant

I liked this episode it was cool. Ok so the cat from Mikey save X-Mas is in this episode will the first part that is. I'm so glad I got to see April and Casey. What episode did we see them last. I would love to see those bad guys they were fighting in there Training Room in future episode. If Mikey saw the statue of him self he would not stop talk about it. It took him a while to stop talking about being the BN Champion. I also wondered where did mikey go to.

Mikey: which one of you are me
Jello Mikey: Not me

What was with the number when they were showing the preview of next episode. Which look cool and Raph got a new bike.

Last edited by Turtleman100; 03-05-2005 at 01:18 PM.
Closed Thread