The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 08-18-2005, 02:17 AM   #1
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Konami fu*ks around With Turtles in Time

Yeah, I never post in here do I

I've seen some official videos of the game (sorry, can't post them), and I can say for certain that the Turtles in Time game in TMNT:3 coming up is a recompiled version and NOT the original.

They have placed in more enemies, and replaced the Pizza Power song with the sh*t theme from the new series. It is possible that more changes will be made before release (possibly even character designs)

I am a video game purist, and to me, fu*king with what I consider history's greatest brawler is evil. Don't get me wrong, I love the new series with a passion, and I believe it should have video games based off of it, but Turtles in Time is based off the old TMNT, and it should stay that way. If the recompile was to make it perform better, I'd be fine with it. But they're screwing with it for the modern audience and covering up the old day's existence. This is wrong IMO, and frankly, I'm mad over it. If they didn't listen to fans, the original TMNT arcade game wouldn't have been in the last game.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:21 AM   #2
((Ryona))
Foot Elite

Tell them to leave it alone! God! I can't believe they're ****ing with it! This world we live in today angers me.

One thing that especially pisses me off is that they're replacing an awesome song with the crappy theme song of the new series!
Ryona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 02:23 AM   #3
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Amen to that. People shouldn't mess with the classics, especially ones as loved as this one. It's just wrong on so many levels.

Pizza Power is an immortal theme song. It's the same as if Sega went back and jerked out the old classic Sonic the Hedgehog music and replaced it with....oh, I dunno, "GOTTA GO FASTER, FASTER, FASTER< SONIC X!"

Yeah, scary thought.

Hell, I still go to Chuck E Cheese once in a blue moon just to play this sucker when I'm depressed. Replacing the music alone is wrong, but the other stuff they're considering is plain sacriligious.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:01 AM   #4
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

What?!?!?!? THEY DARE REPLACE PIZZA POWER?

Konami = FAIL

This is worse than replacing the music in the original arcade game.

But for the record, that's the arcade version and the SNES version isn't the exact same so they aren't ruining the game design itself just the music again.

The arcade of Turtles in Time has larger sprites, different bad guys and less levels.

So don't get too bent out of shape about this. It should be an exact emulation like the other arcade game but with different music again. But no Pizza Power makes me sad, very sad indeed.

I loved when Konami annouced they release the old arcade games on the next gen games but playing them without the original music just isn't the same.

I guess it can't be helped if someone else owns the music and Konami can't use it but darn it... why can't it be the exact same when it's the same company porting it to next gen systems?
Old 08-18-2005, 07:42 AM   #5
KROW
Rideo omnibus vobis.

The hell? There was nothing wrong with TMNT IV. If they wanted to make it better, they could have made Slash a little easier to beat. But really, why tamper with something so great? I don't despise the theme of the new show per se, but to replace "Pizza Power" with it is ridiculous.

I say Konami should just leave the game alone.

KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 09:20 AM   #6
Weapon X
Turtle Power!

Jeez what a bunch of douche's, why mess with something so great which is part of a completly different period of time, the simpler days that is. Man and to mess with the music should be a federal offence, Im glad I still got the SNES version.
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:32 AM   #7
Punky Poo Pie Head
Scatter the nuns!!

That game was the sole reason I picked up a SNES...to make ANY changes is uncalled for becuase the game is practically perfect...so i definately don't want to see this game altered..not one bit, esp replacing the classic Pizza Power
Punky Poo Pie Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:29 AM   #8
Space Lieutenant Josh
Hench Mutant

I wouldn't mind if a few of the typos were fixed up... it's "slimEballs," Metalhead. Geez, you'd think a robot could spell.

But I totally agree, they need to leave Turtles in Time alone. After all, it isn't about the new cartoon. The new cartoon did not exist yet.

It's not about the old cartoon either, or the movies, or the Archie or Mirage comics. It's about all of those put together-- a reminder of the turtles' legacy... not to be ****ed with.
Space Lieutenant Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:51 PM   #9
Spitfire
Writer Director

What the Hell! My favorite arcade game...myfavorite Super Nintendo game and they want to rape it? No...they don't need to change a damn thing! Unless they replace the mud monster with Slash like in the home version. I don't mind it they change that but anything else is a NO. Why is it Megaman and Sonic can get whole collections of their games unaltered but TMNT has to get this treatment? Gah that pisses me off! And they better not do what they did with the last game and make the music the same for every level that was boring and LAME!

Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:01 PM   #10
Jester
Prehistoric Turtlesaurus

Ok...I'm gonnaplay devils advocate....I'd like to see both first. Yes the original TiT wasa great game....I just wish I could see the visual changes first. The changing of themes....that's just bogus...I love the Pizza Power opener....in fact that opening bit led me to track down the song...But I'd still like to see the visual redux....would they replace characters from the OT and movies with NT counterparts. I think it'd at least be interesting to see a retooled version....rather than just go off and say, "They're screwing with a classic!" I say, if it's not to much trouble, put both versions on...have the option on the title screen of "Classic" or "Re-mix" or something....I'd like to see how they retool it is all...call me curious.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:07 PM   #11
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Well, I just found out they're scrapping the whole soundtrack and replacing it with some modern crap. Most likely the 4Kids underscore from the new series.

The original Turtles in Time music reused the classic theme here and there throughout the game, and they don't want to pay for the rights to reuse it (which isn't much, believe me).

This burns my ass because it's no longer the same game without that mucic, and it was written by th same guy who did the Gradius series at Konami back in the day. This is wrong on so many levels. The new music won't even be done in the old style. It'll be some heavy metal sh*t.

A few more comments, and I'll start getting the letter ready.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:13 PM   #12
Spitfire
Writer Director

God damn it! And when you say heavy metal you mean some lame ass trying to play guitar and some loser trying to play drums. Just like the last game <_< GAh that bites

Old 08-18-2005, 01:19 PM   #13
Jester
Prehistoric Turtlesaurus

Ok...this does wang chung....the music made the game...

Old 08-18-2005, 01:32 PM   #14
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

Turtles in Time had some of the best video game music ever IMO. So this is sacrilige!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:37 PM   #15
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

I honestly can't even begin to comprehend what those idiots at Konami are thinking...Yes, including the old arcade games in the new console beat-em-ups is a good idea; indeed, the prospect of playing these classic arcade brawlers on our PS2s has had many fans excited. But altering these great games (which came out at the height of the Turtles' popularity back in the 90's) to make them more like the new series is an atrocious offense to all things Holy and good on this Earth.

The idea that Konami is totally scrapping the old soundtracks and replacing them with new music is appalling, quite frankly. This simply goes to show you that Konami doesn't really care about fans of the old cartoon --- by altering the game, the company is trying to appease newer fans and is literally giving us old-schoolers the finger. (Jesus, I'm only 17 and I'm considered an old-schooler??) No matter how good the newer version of "Turtles in Time" will play, changing the core formula is not a smart move on Konami's part: they've advertised the inclusion of the old arcade game, not some half-assed version with music pulled from the new series and altered graphics.

I was peeved about a year ago at the state of the original Turtles arcade game in "TMNT 2: Battle Nexus", too. The classic theme of the 1987-1996 cartoon plays an integral part in the richness of the old TMNT property, and replacing it with an annoying, nerve-gratingly repetitive song from the new series was a huge mistake. The game just ended up looking and feeling unpolished --- a real travesty, in my opinion. If they really want to alter the original arcade games, why don't they keep the music and sound effects, but change the game code so that you can't keep inserting quarters over and over again when you haven't yet died...!

"Cowabunga! Cowabunga! Cowabunga! Cowa-Cow-Cow-Cow-Cow-Cow-Cow-Cow-Cow-Cow-Cow-Cow-Cow-Cow-Cow-Cow-Cowabunga!"

Jesus, that was one of the most annoying things I've experienced in a video games. At the very least, I thought Konami would learn from its mistakes and include a full, unaltered version of "Turtles in Time" in the new "TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare"...Instead, they're making the same mistakes and all new ones, too.

Jeez I am pissed about this...
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:41 PM   #16
Spitfire
Writer Director

Well theres two things to do to fight this. Start a pention online to make the game unaltered or don't buy it.

Or Find someone who knows programming and download a MAME rom of the arcade game and them replace that with the one in the game and then burn a copy of it and play it that way. But that's pretty diffcult...I say pention

Old 08-18-2005, 01:43 PM   #17
Jester
Prehistoric Turtlesaurus

Heck....I haven't even been able to play the clasic arcade game in my TMNT 2, for the PC...

Old 08-18-2005, 01:52 PM   #18
((Ryona))
Foot Elite

It's official. Konami sucks as much ass as Playmates now.
Ryona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:53 PM   #19
Spitfire
Writer Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryona
It's official. Konami sucks as much ass as Playmates now.
It's been that way for a long time...unless it's Metal gear or Castlevania they don't care about it.

Old 08-18-2005, 02:01 PM   #20
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I'll be citing the Technodrome in this letter and including all of the best quotes in this thread from you guys, seeing as we represent a widespread core of the TMNT fanbase. Konami needs a wake-up call.