The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: And the People's Choice is...
What the heck's with next week's preview? 6 13.95%
Aww, Donnie's got a crush on Jhanna.. 20 46.51%
"The flowers were a very good idea.." 17 39.53%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 01:21 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

New Ep Discussion: "The People's Choice"

[Yes Yes, I KNOW.... already been shown on the DVD. This is for those who haven't seen it, or are looking forward to seeing the ep again tomorrow. Ack, I shoulda put this up sooner... *shakes fist at official site* Put them up sooner, dangit!]

Greetings all! I hope (for most of you) that your new school year is going well.

Its a time to get settled into classes, start your curiculum, and get into the swing of social goings-on. It can be a risky time for some, trying to take their place in the heirarchy of life at school, whether its middle school, high school, or for many of us, college and work.

Life is full of choices. They can lead you down many paths, some good, some not so good. It depends on you and your actions as a person.

Now, before you start thinking this is some rip-off of the old After-school specials, don't worry, I'm keeping to subject.

Many of you may know of the issue that this episode stems from. Quite an issue... how it is put into context of the current series may prove to be quite interesting. Don't think of it as 'just a filler'... we have had some surprises in the past.

The troupe is still recovering from their endeavours with the shredder, relaxing in the quiet, non-eventful community of Northampton. An excellent time to focus on family, self and the world around them. Healing physically, mentally and spiritually, our favorite mutant family is slowly pulling itself back together. What better bonding time than spending a few nights out camping in the woods. Nothing beats a warm fire, s'mores and story-telling with people you love (or love to annoy).

Nothing could go wrong... right?

As with any 'superhero' world, nothing can ever go perfectly. The boys are going to find themselves in one of the biggest political slugfests they've ever seen!

Can you say "Intergalactic Cat Cight"?

Knowing Raph and Mike, there's BOUND to be some comment about female wrestling. It just Wouldnt be them without it!

What is going to happen to the boys in this whole battle for control?
Are they going to just stand aside and try to keep a low profile, or is some unknown factor invariably going to pull them into the chaos?

STAY TUNED!
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 09-17-2005, 08:04 AM   #2
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

That was.... interesting, to say the least. I just can't think of any good quotes for the poll yet.... any ideas?
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 09-17-2005, 08:05 AM   #3
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
How close was it to the comic version?

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Old 09-17-2005, 08:07 AM   #4
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

I didnt care for it too much, it was way too out there. next week we get to see air ninjas...playmates was two years too early on that idea!

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
Old 09-17-2005, 08:07 AM   #5
Gary
Hench Mutant

I hope things start picking up soon; I want some continuation on the story. I don't mind these episodes, but I don't like so many at the beginning of the season. I guess it could be worse... could be like 'The Golden Puck.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
I just can't think of any good quotes for the poll yet.... any ideas?
"The flowers were a very good idea."
Old 09-17-2005, 08:10 AM   #6
userpjx
Thug

What an outstanding episode. It had everything, action puns and some good character development. I went into the episode thinking it would be filler but came out realising it was so much more.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:10 AM   #7
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Hmmm....maybe there was more than the election of a new leader from whatever planet that was. Donnie sure stepped up. Good thing too. Someone needs to act responsibly.

And Poor Casey. That was the most awkward profession of love since...well my husband did it...way back when.

I gotta say I loved Don in this episode. He was the most level headed. He filled Leo's void nicely. And he got a little crush on the fighter girl. Guess he needs another girl to crush on since April's kinda spoken for.

AWWWWWWWWW
Old 09-17-2005, 08:12 AM   #8
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie
Hmmm....maybe there was more than the election of a new leader from whatever planet that was. Donnie sure stepped up. Good thing too. Someone needs to act responsibly.

And Poor Casey. That was the most awkward profession of love since...well my husband did it...way back when.

I gotta say I loved Don in this episode. He was the most level headed. He filled Leo's void nicely. And he got a little crush on the fighter girl. Guess he needs another girl to crush on since April's kinda spoken for.
You mean...Donnie's role WASN'T stolen from another TMNT this time? SWEEET!!!

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Old 09-17-2005, 08:14 AM   #9
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Don was the main man today
Old 09-17-2005, 08:16 AM   #10
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

I got a question for you, Katie.

Was Leo still moody in this ep? If so. Did he ever say :Having fun is no excuse for being careless" in the ep?

Old 09-17-2005, 08:18 AM   #11
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

Leo was still moody, he almost destroyed the robot that the girl was in. He also refused to go exploring with the others. I think this is a few weeks after cousin sid, most of the bandages are off. Leo and Raph look practically healed!

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
Old 09-17-2005, 08:24 AM   #12
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Well, Thanks for the info, rayfillet101

Old 09-17-2005, 08:26 AM   #13
Katie
Just...way too serious.

poor Leo. he made Raph look like the even tempered brother today. He's still brooding. And the fact that his moves in battle were driven by protecting his brothers...that leads me to believe that he is blaming himself for all the injuries and trouble they ran into in Exodus.

Leo, you've got to calm down, bro.

Oh yeah, did anyone else see the little TMNT short Earlier in the morning? I was laughing my head off. Poor Mikey. No more Hide and seek for awhile I suspect.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:27 AM   #14
Torrant2
Thug

11:30?

What the heck I thought it was supposed to be on at 11:30? It's still on at 10:30 so I missed it. Was Splinter in it?
Old 09-17-2005, 08:28 AM   #15
Katie
Just...way too serious.

yes.....still a crispy critter too....and handing out love advice to Casey....which was humerous in itself....

And...I think in some markets it may be on at 11:30....my Fox channel here in Nashville runsit at 9:30 local time

Last edited by Katie; 09-17-2005 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:49 AM   #16
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Can you not say "I love you." in a kids toon...can you only say "I care for you."?

A good episode, good action and character moments, but the dialogue wasa bit weak....

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Old 09-17-2005, 08:52 AM   #17
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion

Remember the part at the very beginning when they all raced to the roof of that old house? Well Leo didn't want to go but then poof he was there when the guys reached the top. Mikey's reaction was kinda like how did you do that? I wasn't sure if it is meant to mean something or if they just needed to get all the guys in one place for the robot ship to crash in. Did anyone else take a second thought on Leo's sudden appearance?

I also missed the short during Sonic I flipped the channel on right at the end. I heard something about hide and seek? Darn my channel Surfing!

I liked the episode okay. I am a little anxious to get farther along in the season. Donny always seems to work well with the ladies, good for him...
Old 09-17-2005, 08:55 AM   #18
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinuvielsdreams
Remember the part at the very beginning when they all raced to the roof of that old house? Well Leo didn't want to go but then poof he was there when the guys reached the top. Mikey's reaction was kinda like how did you do that? I wasn't sure if it is meant to mean something or if they just needed to get all the guys in one place for the robot ship to crash in. Did anyone else take a second thought on Leo's sudden appearance?

I also missed the short during Sonic I flipped the channel on right at the end. I heard something about hide and seek? Darn my channel Surfing!

I liked the episode okay. I am a little anxious to get farther along in the season. Donny always seems to work well with the ladies, good for him...
I think it was both. They had to get the guys together. But for me it was like once he saw where they were headed, he went to make sure eveything was kosher up there.

Of course, It could also have just been a coincidence. Leo wants to keep an eye on things and the top of the mill was a good vantage point.

Heh, and for anyone that missed the short, I bet I could give a synopsis...if anyone's interested...
Old 09-17-2005, 08:55 AM   #19
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Can you not say "I love you." in a kids toon...can you only say "I care for you."?

A good episode, good action and character moments, but the dialogue wasa bit weak....
Yeah I wondered that. Maybe only you can only say I love you On PBS kids shows like Barney...
Old 09-17-2005, 09:22 AM   #20
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun

Splinter giving out relationship advice was priceless.

I don't think the "I care for you" was bad... think about Casey. Showing tender feelings was not something he did much (if at all) before he met April. He's not gonna just jump into it - "love" is a pretty strong word. I thought that this little mushy scene was well-done because it wasn't too over-the-top or too cheesy. Just true to the characters.

This was a new thing... Leo attacking after all was said and done! Raph had to help restrain him! Maybe he needs to go shred a few trees to let it out, poor guy. He only said one thing the whole episode, which was his note that the black snakey thingy was hurt by water. And that chunk outta his shell that I've heard about... it seems to have made its first appearance today. At least, I think that's what it was. So can we assume that he got it from the fight with Shredder somewhere? When I finally get the DVD *coughstupidWalmartcough* I might have to study that entire action sequence for a possible place he coulda got that.

What the flip? MORE weird critters from elsewhere? These Turtles just keep attracting the visitors from other worlds, don't they?

Today I only noticed a few awkward bits in the animation. It was very nicely done, kudos to the peoples.
Closed Thread