The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Gruuuuuudge match!
"Pizza sounds very appetizing... with pepperoni... and Karma!" 27 69.23%
Pre-teen UN was cute... "You shall be my friend! " 7 17.95%
Awww... Sensei's proud of his lil boy... 4 10.26%
Dude, it WAS hulk Hogan..! O.o 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2005, 03:59 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Talking New Ep Discussion: "Grudge Match"

I so love doing this..

GREETINGS, one and All!

As I mentioned in our last teaser, with the episodes being shown out of order, it almost seemed as though we were missing an important ep. But fear not, my friends! For they are indeed showing it this very weekend!

We remember how Mike was after his big victory… no matter how much some of us try to forget.

“I am the BATTLE NEXUS CHAMPION! Nobody can defeat the BATTLE NEXUS CHAMPION! Make Way for the BATTLE NEXUS CHAMPION! Dibs on the shower, for I am the BATTLE NEXUS CHAMPION! ”

And so on…

I’m sure you can imagine the first few weeks after the competition. The Trophy sitting on the kitchen table, Mike wearing the laurel everywhere. In practice, in the lair, in the Shower… yeah. Just a teeny bit overboard. Fortunately, the newness of the championship wore off, and they soon resumed the usual sibling abuse (or maybe increased it just cuz they could). That or Splinter gave Mike a lil talk about tooting his own horn so much. I mean, even Splinter hid his championship status from the boys…

Now, keep in mind, this was all before the mess with the Ultimate Ninja/Draco and the multi-dimensional trips. I’m sure after dealing with that, the majority of the clan preferred not to hear about what was going on there: The slightly senile Daimyo, the new Ultimate Pre-teen. Some very strong emotional memories were made in that place.

But now a new ordeal emerges. A BIG ANGRY one. Kluh, the famous Hulk Hogan look-alike (come on, KLUH-HULK.. isn’t it obvious?) from the Battle Nexus has come to Earth (is that other dude his DAD?! I’d hate to find out that Kluh’s only a teenageer at his size. He’s been eating his wheaties, that’s all I can say), to seek out the champ and take back what was rightfully his.

So, old champ, new challenge, rematch in only Days… Can you say….ROCKY?!

Just imagine… you hear the cheesy montage in the background. Apol-Leo runs the poor boy RAGGED. Rooftop runs, beating up beef carcasses in the Meat locker at the local butcher shop, running to the top of the steps and singing “Eye of the Tiger”!

…ok, maybe not. At least “Kluh” is a better name than “Thunderlips”

The Battle Nexus Championship Rematch.

*blinks* Dude, that’s a long title.. are we in the Big brawl, or the WWE?

You can just imagine the kinda Commentary that could take place with this kinda giant match. Or the Interviews…!

Raph: [Michelangelo] flunked out of school, twice.
Interviewer: Is that so?
Raph: Yeah. Beethoven was deaf. Helen Keller was blind. I think [Mikey's] got a good chance.

Interviewer: Do you have anything you’d like to say to your opponent before the big fight?
Kluh: *grabs the mic, talking into the camera* Listen here, Brother, I’m—

Ok, no more of that… :embarassed:

Now, we all love (or love to hate) Mike. We all want him to win, right? I know I do! My only worry when Mike finally gets to the ring with the giant Hulk Hogan Alien..

Leo: [just before the big fight] I'll be here waiting for you.
Mikey: How 'bout I stay here and you fight?

I’m sure Mike’ll do fine…

Interviewer: What's your prediction for the fight?
Kluh’s teacher/dad/whoever the old dude was: My prediction?
Interviewer: Yes, your prediction.
Klu’s elder dude: *looks into the camera* Pain!

…Really….

Mike: I see three of him out there.
Leo: Hit the one in the middle.
Raph: Right! Hit the one in the middle.

Um.. well.. we’ll see.

Oh boy… um, ok now for the big questions…

WILL MIKE BE READY FOR THE REMATCH?!
WILL KLUH DISH OUT SOME HUMILITY WITH A SIDE OF DAY-GLO ORANGE PAIN?!
COULD MIKE BEAR THE AGONY OF LOSING HIS TITLE TO A GUY THAT REMINDS YOU OF THIS?!

oh man..

STAY TUNED!
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:01 AM   #2
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

*dances*

thread open!
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 10-22-2005, 08:11 AM   #3
userpjx
Thug

Awsome episode! The pizza line was priceless. I guess angry Leo does have his advantages. So many half decent one liners it's hard to go through them all. Little UN was touching and seeing Mike beat up Kluh was satisfying. Overall a very solid episode, one that solves so many continuity errors. Why didn't they show this before?
userpjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:33 AM   #4
((Ryona))
Foot Elite

Awesome episode! I totally loved it! The training session was interesting. They looked so serious, but Leo was so intense! He just wanted more! It looks like Splinter may soon have a private talk with Leo soon. Mikey watching TV through the window... Cute! ^_^
Mikey was just so adorable through out the episode.
I liked it that Leo and Mikey were spending time with each other. Even if it was just for training. We don't see those two hangout often. I loved it when they climed up that mountain and Leo is giving Mikey a serious and motivated speech, and Mikey with a serious tone is like "Maybe Leo, just maybe... I can still forfeit. *thumbs up* LOL!

Splinter totally cracked me up! What a wise guy! I love seeing the amusing side of him because he has such a great dry sense of humour.

I found it hilarious how Raph and Donnie kept scaring Mikey like that.

The rematch battle was AWESOME!
Mikey was getting thrashed for a while, but after remembering the strong words from Leo, he totally kicked butt! Hell yes! Mikey was so intense and focused! He was unbeatable at that point.

Little Ve-Sama was is so cute. His interactions with Leo was adorable.

Very awesome episode.

Quote:
I guess angry Leo does have his advantages.
I wouldn't say he's angry. Just really, REALLY intense. He's actually kinda like the dark Batman.
Ryona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:43 AM   #5
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Little Ve-Sama was very cute. And he seemed to get through a lil bit of that tough Leo exterior.

I almost felt SORRY for Mike, after the announcement by the Gyogi. I thought at lest Splinter would be somewhat supportive, but they All wanted to see Mike get his tail kicked! I'll give Leo brownie points for trying to help Mike.

I KNEW that giant guy with Kluh was his dad. I Swear they do more father-son stuff in this carto--*ahem* I mean Animated Series than in any other show I've seen. I love it!

The fighting animation was Beautiful. Very fluid, very skillful. It makes me wanna get back into my martial arts stuff again.

I was So proud of Mike at the end. Even Splinter gave an approving smile. And Leo even looked surprised when Mike said Thanks. I wanted to see a hug in this somewhere, but I guess I'll have to wait..
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 10-22-2005, 09:02 AM   #6
((Ryona))
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
Little Ve-Sama was very cute. And he seemed to get through a lil bit of that tough Leo exterior.
Yeah! That kinda surprised me. I thought Leo was just going to turn around and walk away from the kid without saying a word.

Quote:
I almost felt SORRY for Mike, after the announcement by the Gyogi. I thought at lest Splinter would be somewhat supportive, but they All wanted to see Mike get his tail kicked! I'll give Leo brownie points for trying to help Mike.
Yeah, I thought it was nice to see Leo help Mikey when there was no one else to support him. But I don't think Leo trained Mikey just so he could win the tournament. I think Leo trained Mikey to get him to focus and become better not only for the tournament, but for future events.
I think Leo kinda foresaw what was going to happen... Like he had a hunch.

Quote:
I Swear they do more father-son stuff in this carto--*ahem* I mean Animated Series than in any other show I've seen.
Lol! I guess you read that post of mine... heh

Oh, and I like to add that the fight between Leo and those barbarians must have been awesome! I so wish we got to see it. Er... Do you think he may have killed them? o_o
Old 10-22-2005, 09:13 AM   #7
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

The way Leo is right now, I wouldnt be surprised if he actually injured them.. killing, I dunno. the safety laws in the battle nexus probly made the guys disappear to the infirmary.
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 10-22-2005, 09:15 AM   #8
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

That was an awesome match up. It was nice to see them get back to the Battle Nexus even if it was for a little while. And yes seeing little Ve there was pretty nice. He's so cute! I did notice how he did get to Leo a little bit though I wonder if he'll be a future annoyance for him when he grows up again...in about 10-15 years.

Nice rematch with Michaelangelo and Kluh (Hulk again). Ah but damn, guess he's doing the NWO sort of thing and becoming a heel. I actually thought he was one of the good guys. I mean he went off with the Triceratons to help them. Yet now we see his true colors. I'm wondering if he only helped because he knew there would glory to be had there. Guess that's why we didn't see Traximus in this maybe Kluh told him what he was going to do to Michaelangelo and he didn't go because he didn't agree. Or...he was too busy helping with the restructuring of the Triceraton government.

Oh and his father Mozgog is no better...he's actually worse. Trying to get Michaelangelo killed and holding the Daiymo's son for hostage! Grrr! I hope they lock them up in the dungeon and throw away the key.

Anybody else notice the Levrons seem to have the ability to breathe Triceraton air and regular air. Aska would you care to provide screens? LOL In Alien Invasion 3 (or is it 4) we see him in the Triceraton Resistance with that little mute (telepathic?) alien girl. And then next we see him on Earth breathing normal air and kicking Mike's tail no less.

Oh the Gyoji?! WTH! How did he come back? Wasn't he um...well absorbed by Ultimate Drako?

Quote:
The way Leo is right now, I wouldnt be surprised if he actually injured them.. killing, I dunno. the safety laws in the battle nexus probly made the guys disappear to the infirmary.
Ah but remember that wizard put up that spell that disippated that particular power. Would be a touch ironic but yeah they might a been killed.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:35 AM   #9
X
Stone Warrior

You guys are forgetting to mention the fact the toy lines are starting to be supported by the show and not just as variants.

I'm meaning in particular, that at the end of the episode the turtles were wearing their gear from the Battle Nexus toyline. I guess that's the toyline I speak of.

-X-
X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:41 AM   #10
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun

*jaw drops...*

Wow. I didn't expect this to be as awesome as it was, especially considering that last week's ep was good. But this... the characters, the animation... Excuse me whilst I go on a rant.

OK, first off. The episode opened with the TMNT training, and I was immediately floored. The animation was excellent! Just the motions and the... *drools* Awesome stuff.

Next thing I really enjoyed was they're getting closer to dealing with Leo's issues. Raph actually confronted him verbally, and the only reason Leo wasn't forced to deal with it was Splinter's intervention ("We will discuss this later") and, of course, giant purple guys popping out of the air.
> I know this ep is aired out of order, so it doesn't necessarily count as getting "closer"... but I did like that Raph's getting sick of it.

Splinter's pizza comment almost had me on the floor. I love that ol' rat so much... *grin* Interesting that he also refused to help Mikey, but likely there was an intended humility lesson in it. We have no idea how the day-to-day annoyances of Mikey's ego were.

That said, I'm glad Leo agreed to help, and that hug from Mikey was adorable. I find Leo/Mikey interactions to be interesting because they're so different... and because they're the two I identify with most (Leo more, but yeh) I also liked watching our turtle in orange focus himself once it got down to business. See Mikey... you don't have to freak out! You can handle things!

The fighting was great, the animation fluid... only shot I really didn't like was that weird Mikey expression where he opened his mouth and stuck his tongue out while taking Kluh out... like he was trying to turn his face inside out. Oh well, if that's all I can complain about...

EDIT: Yeah, I did notice that, X. I was like "huh, if they haven't made toys for that already, they are probably aiming to now..." Those outfits were kinda schweet, even though I personally think the guys look weird in clothes.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:44 AM   #11
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:

The fighting animation was Beautiful. Very fluid, very skillful. It makes me wanna get back into my martial arts stuff again.

Oh, great. EVERY time I miss an episode, it jus HAS to be beautifully animated. I almost feel like crying, right now.

But someone answer me this, was it the same fluid style as City at War, part two or the extremely detailed style of Reflections?

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"

Last edited by Anarchistguy; 10-22-2005 at 10:13 AM.
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:01 AM   #12
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

A gorgeous Mix of Both!
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 10-22-2005, 10:07 AM   #13
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

This season is just simply awesome. The Mer-people ep was the only slighlty more boring episode.

This episode's got everything. Humor, plot, and butt kicking action.

First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:09 AM   #14
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
A gorgeous Mix of Both!
...just...

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:16 AM   #15
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Ya know, if i saw the Battle Nexus episodes i probably would've liked this episode more. but still a good episode.

and the animation was awesome except for that Mikey yell...me and my brother were laughing for two minutes.

Yes we're both weird

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:21 AM   #16
stege-chan
Foot Soldier

Good gooood episode!

The little Damiyou's son was SO so cute! I squealed and accidentally woke up my roomie when he asked Leo if he'd be his friend. But oh man, that was just ADORABLE! *cuddles lil' Ve-chan* I must draw him now. A lot of him. With eyebrows. >.>

I think now the only thing that could make Kluh more humorous to me is if he went around calling everyone 'brother'. *cough* Mikey whooped him but GOOD though! He really CAN fight! Just needs to be motivated. I guess having his life on the line is a good motivator. ^^

And Mikey/Leo interaction...I loved that. And Leo's line 'In this world all we have is each other. If one of us goes down, we all do...' Just about the best line I've ever heard. I sense much fanart coming from that line. Yep. It was just too cute.

Anyhoo, I'm off to go watch this episode again! Ja mata ne! ^^

WAIT. Forgot something.

Those outfits...

O_O

Okay...now I'm gonna go watch it again.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:22 AM   #17
((Ryona))
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker
the animation was awesome except for that Mikey yell.
I agree. I was like "What the Hell??"

Quote:
Leo's line 'In this world all we have is each other. If one of us goes down, we all do...' Just about the best line I've ever heard. I sense much fanart coming from that line.
Not a bad idea at all! I'll have to part take on that.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:50 AM   #18
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by stege-chan
And Mikey/Leo interaction...I loved that. And Leo's line 'In this world all we have is each other. If one of us goes down, we all do...' Just about the best line I've ever heard. I sense much fanart coming from that line. Yep. It was just too cute.
I'm so down with that. *goes off to scribble*
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 11:20 AM   #19
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Nice....Had Raph and Donnie known of Kluh's plans, they wouldn't have messed with Mike. Good to see Leo and Mikey having a brother moment. And Leo's reaction to the UN might help him come to terms with the fact that people can change...maybe even Karai (but probably not)
I'll see about pulling screen caps from my cap....any requests, besides Baby Ve-sama?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 11:26 AM   #20
((Ryona))
Foot Elite

I want to see a screen cap of Mikey doing his thumbs up at Leo when they were on the mountain. That scene cracks me up!