The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-28-2006, 07:06 PM   #1
Toonami Tom
Banned

Official New Episode discussion: "Future Shellshock"

Tomorrow morning is the premier of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fast Forward! This topic is to talk about the first episode "Future Shellshock." The turtles and Splinter are sent into the future to the year 2105.
Toonami Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:12 PM   #2
Gary
Hench Mutant

What? When did this happen!?
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:30 PM   #3
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary
What? When did this happen!?
*smacks forhead* ok Iris your right lol
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:40 PM   #4
gobo
Wacky Action

Initial impressions from clips 1 & 2 suggest that we have a lot of not-so-good animation to look forward to. But, the plots seem as excellent as they have ever been. They start clip 1 with a Terminator reference for crying out loud! What with the nude time-travel and Raph saying "You said come with you if we want to live", where else could their inspiration have come from? This is a small sign that we haven't totally been sold-out.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:54 PM   #5
syk_skillz
Foot Soldier

LOL! "I pitty the fool"
Atleast the new outfits is given a meaning. I'll have to get use to the new animation. Just 12 more hours left until the priemer.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:05 PM   #6
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

The animation hasn't always been fantastic but seriously... What on earth was that?

And I just knew I'd get a Spider-Man Unlimited vibe from this. Already I'm dissapointed and worried.

But the Tribunal arc on DVD will rock for sure and the CGI movie looks VERY promising. So at worst I can always just right this one off in the end. It will still probably be the best cartoon on Saturday mornings (not that it's hard).

And wouldn't you know it? Pre-empted by Baseball. But this time it doesn't even show up. Looks like I may have to wait for the re-airing to catch this one. I hate FOX...
Old 07-28-2006, 08:10 PM   #7
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup
And wouldn't you know it? Pre-empted by Baseball. But this time it doesn't even show up. Looks like I may have to wait for the re-airing to catch this one. I hate FOX...
Yea.. don't ya just hate living on the west coast? Yeesh... Stupid Baseball *mumbles*

Supposadly Future Shell Shocked will air next week along with the 2nd ep. Either way it'll re-air in September.

Ah well...I'll be downloading it either way.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:12 PM   #8
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by syk_skillz
LOL! "I pity the fool"
Yeah, I forgot to mention that one. I just wanted my post to be high up in the thread. It's sometimes better to jump the gun than to wait until people have commented a topic to death (which I expect will happen by noon tomorrow).
Oh! Did I need to mention the theme song as one of the show's defects? I imagine the video accompanying it could possibly be pretty interesting though...

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:14 PM   #9
Leo's_Girl06
Foot Soldier

is April and Casey going to be in this? As you see I am way behind in my research.

Lithium dont wanna lock me up inside- Evanescence

She's picking ghost flowers from her soul- Otep

Funeral for all the love we lost barried yesterday things ive never said before only 6 feet deep- Kittie

Welcome to the Black Parade- My Chemical romance

My chemical romance and Evanescence are the best bands ever!
Leo's_Girl06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:19 PM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Nope, the only characters from the "original" (gosh that feels odd...but hey 4kids is calling it the "retro" TMNT) show are the guys and Splinter. The Jones we get is Cody, April and Casey's great grandson.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:35 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo's_Girl06
is April and Casey going to be in this? As you see I am way behind in my research.
April and Casey are long dead by that time, (they'd have to be like 125 to still be alive), so don't count on it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:37 PM   #12
iris
moddy mod mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent
*smacks forhead* ok Iris your right lol
That's what I like to hear, baby.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:49 PM   #13
Gary
Hench Mutant

I was making fun of the recent thread starters clueless about FF. I'm waking up before 10, watching it and recording it, then rewatching it with my girlfriend later.
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:55 PM   #14
Spitfire
Writer Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo
Initial impressions from clips 1 & 2 suggest that we have a lot of not-so-good animation to look forward to. But, the plots seem as excellent as they have ever been. They start clip 1 with a Terminator reference for crying out loud! What with the nude time-travel and Raph saying "You said come with you if we want to live", where else could their inspiration have come from? This is a small sign that we haven't totally been sold-out.
That animation now looks like every other GAY show on 4kids. YAY
Old 07-28-2006, 10:01 PM   #15
KROW
Rideo omnibus vobis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx
That animation now looks like every other GAY show on 4kids. YAY
Gay means to be happeeee!

But, yeah, the animation looks so unpolished and very much unlike the quality it was before.

KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:10 PM   #16
iris
moddy mod mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW
Gay means to be happeeee!

But, yeah, the animation looks so unpolished and very much unlike the quality it was before.
Does anyone know of these are primarily the same animators or maybe newbies? Would they be the same ones working on the Ninja Tribunal arc?
Old 07-28-2006, 10:10 PM   #17
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

The animation is fine. It's the stylization that's new, more simplified, and something to get used to. I'm gonna miss the slightly more detailed look, but I remember some of the design artists saying that it threw them for a loop, too, so I'm not sure whose idea it was, and why. I can see evidence of the animators struggling with it too (mostly on the Turtles), since it's not entirely consistent. I think we'll get used to it eventually, though. I'd rather not, but oh well, I'll live. :p

The whole aliens-walking-around-the-city thing is definitely reminding me of Volume 4. I'll be surprised if we don't see some other common elements.

I'll probably do a style comparison post here (or somewhere around here, anyway) after I get some stuff extracted from the new Flash at the 4Kids site, so I can blather away about stuff nobody cares about and feel like I've contributed something worthwhile.

EDIT: (more defense for the animators :p) It's probably the new style that's weirding out the animators, and so they're not at their best. They're probably spending more time making sure the style is right than making sure the motion is right. It'll take them a bit to pull themselves together, I think. It's still Dong Woo working on it.

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie

Last edited by Aska_Badoura; 07-28-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Aska_Badoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:05 PM   #18
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun

I don't have the internet speed for preview clips *sigh* I think I'll go and set the VCR on record, but hide in the room with the tiny TV, just in case it sucks too much to be seen watching it.

I dunno... it could be OK. I really don't like the simplified look, but I'll be watching anyway. I love my weekly TMNT fix too much to give up just yet. But at the first sign of a female turtle... that's it.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:23 PM   #19
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

They changed animation studios.
If ya ask me...Raph would not kick up his leg like a Rockette and exclaim hopw his leg works again. Ugh...

Oh well, I'm gonna watch it....a @()#*$ baseball game better NOT get in the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2006, 01:02 AM   #20
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior

Wait... why the hell would they change animation studios when the one they were with were doing a fine job? Fans couldn't have been happier with the way most of the season 4 episodes turned out. That doesn't make sense to me...

Must... E-mail... Dan... Must... Know if... this is true....

Because if it is, I sh*t on whoever's decision it was to move animation studios!

WAIT... SpaceLt. Dan would know, wouldn't he? Dude, if you read this... break the foreplay and tell us, is this the same animation studio that has been doing TMNT?

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote