The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-30-2006, 03:00 PM   #141
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San

Cheap Animation Comparison from the old series. This was also one of two
eps where Krangs eyes suddenly became a dark blue/purple color. There is
NO Detail what soever in the cheap stuff, and looks like a child could have done
it rather than proffesional animators..

This cheap stuff is slightly more advanced than above, but not by much...
Just LOOK at the difference!
I gotta say, just looking at that new art style, makes me wanna vomit. And I've never said that about anyting TMNT before.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:17 PM   #142
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Whats the deal with the gravity and oxygen in earth in the year 2105, It seems now the turtles, Splinter and everyonce else living there are force to wearing devices on there body to help them move around like normal. What has happened durring the course of 100 years? Did global warming affected earth's gravitational pull and caused it to produce less oxygen?
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:24 PM   #143
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw
Did global warming affected earth's gravitational pull and caused it to produce less oxygen?
Serling explained it. Each burough/street/whatever has it's own environment (with the help of force fields to keep it in I think) so that the aliens living there can live in an environment close to their native one. Everyone wears those envirosuits so they can go from one environment to another without having to worry.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #144
PrometheusUFO
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Coincidently Promethius, the original is much better than this series when you're not watching it for the moments of repetettion, which I can also accuse the new series of doing the same (Shredder "dies", comes back, Baxter "dies" come back, BOOORRRIING), at least they know when to keep those characters when they need them. The original is better viewed for it's comedy and for the occasional dark storyline.
I guess my main reason for not liking it as much at TMNT2K3 would be that it's same villians doing the same things just about every episode.. and there's not as much of a continuing storyline. :p But I see your point about repitition in the new series as well..

Quote:
I may not hate ALL of the Disney seasons, in fact SPD is the only one I downright loathe, for a billion reasons, not just because it was badly written and badly produced, but because it turned the fandom into gutless Holywood shills who are fine with anything getting on the screen so long as the franchice thrives. Ninja Storm and Mystic Force are a return to the classic PR format of fun AND telling a story, STD is just good acting admist a barrage of explosions and special effects posing as Rangers.
SPD is my least favorite season so far. Disney has to stop switching out the executive producers and let them get some experience at this. Kalish's SPD was trash, but at least he's improved a little this year with Mystic Force (and I bet Jackie Marchand as story editor helped :p).
PrometheusUFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:35 PM   #145
iris
moddy mod mod

To answer my own question, I think I would have liked FF less if I hadn't been attached to the 2003 version.

With the animation change, I almost feel like FF is some kind of strange dream one of the turtles is having. *shrug*

"Ninja Time" reminded me of something that I couldn't figure out. But then I remembered.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:59 PM   #146
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris
"Ninja Time" reminded me of something that I couldn't figure out. But then I remembered.
I see what you mean by that video. It was a good way to get your point across.

How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:04 PM   #147
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrometheusUFO
I guess my main reason for not liking it as much at TMNT2K3 would be that it's same villians doing the same things just about every episode.. and there's not as much of a continuing storyline. :p
MMPR Seasons one and two?

Ooooh, burn.

I don't blame you, the original became a strong victim of complaicency in the market, first three seasons had at least a few arcs or picked up on different characters, then they got lazier, and lazier with some of it.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:05 PM   #148
Sanjuro
Stone Warrior

Those images above just remind me how much I was in love with the first TMNT(2003) episode. sigh.
Sanjuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:30 PM   #149
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecto Jedi
Obviously a reference to Battletoads.
Well...maybe, I think it has more of that to do with the ovexaggerated facial expressions (Aska would probably know more). The way he looked though he kind of looked like one of the Punk Frogs.

Quote:
Here's one thing about the epsiode...a lot of it's praise is coming from people who notice small nods to continuity, cheap references here and there that somehow justifies the story being "Ok"
Well, I don't see it that way. A lot of people are aware of the flaws in this new series. I hate, hate, hate that new theme song and the robots. But I guess we are trying to be (or at least I am) positive in the face of this new series.

Quote:
We're in a very sad state if all we're going to say is "It was'nt bad", it reminds of the members of the Power Rangers fandom who threw away their tastes and dry humped a big time Hollywood producer's use of nothing but explosions and less and less ellaboration on story and characters. They betrayed their roots just to sustain the franchise on the air or get it noticed by the big guns.
Heheheh or the Gargoyles fandom. Currently their was a big discussion over the Gargoyles comic's art. It sucks majorly but it has Greg Weisman's story to it (though even that won't make me watch "The Batman" or "Witch". Its a bit of quandry if you ask me. Do you support blindly a fandom that you love or do you let it fail because you do not like the current quality. Heh, as sucky as it was I admit I watched Goliath Chronicles episodes just because it was Gargoyles. Lame I know.

Lots of a valid if not very, very vocal posts you have their Zarius. I think it's mostly a matter of opinion. People will like what they like whether it be for the storyline, the artwork or a little of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris
Question:

If the 2003 style of this show had never happened, do you think you would like Fast Forward more?
Good question Iris! I think if they had shown this sort of stuff in 2003 I might have given it a chance a very slim chance as Jo Dawn had said but a chance. Gargoyles and Batman: The Animated Series would have been fresher in my mind so I'm not sure...maybe I would have chucked it after the first few episodes. I probably would have done the same to the new TMNT style they did air but I gave it a chance, I was impressed and voila the rest is history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
Woah! Nice "Future Tense" signature, Doppleganger. What's the occasion? (ack, I know I haven't PMed you in a while, I'll get to it, really I will )
Thanks! No real occasion really I just got that pan off my friends website (Did you check it out?) and I thought it would look cool to make it into a sig so I asked for it to be made into a sig. Errr...here. http://http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=7806&page=14

Hahaha don't worry though that's fine.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:07 PM   #150
U2WaTCHer
Hench Mutant

heres a good one will there be a season 6 or is it in the works. Mabie you guys can ask that Dan person you guys speak of time to time
Old 07-30-2006, 09:28 PM   #151
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I noticed on this episode that most of the people living in the future apear to be humanoid animals, Would they have been the result of the mutation from TCRI? And hopefully, Maybe, An apearance by Ninjara?, I know its wishful thinking, But it would be really cool though.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:43 PM   #152
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw
I noticed on this episode that most of the people living in the future apear to be humanoid animals, Would they have been the result of the mutation from TCRI? And hopefully, Maybe, An apearance by Ninjara?, I know its wishful thinking, But it would be really cool though.
Noticed that too. There was feline type feet (the same ones over and over again) who walked passed Michelangelo. Plus the BeBop thing.

But hmm.. Raphael falling for an alien Fox! OOH! Yea! Ninjara! Or would her name be Mezcaal?

Quote:
iris
Exactly like Donatello minus the green? WTF?! Well we know who HIS fave turtle is....
Old 07-30-2006, 10:52 PM   #153
iris
moddy mod mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl
Exactly like Donatello minus the green? WTF?! Well we know who HIS fave turtle is....
Eh... that's just 'cuz Don's rapping is sweet and his moves are obscene.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:01 PM   #154
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San

Cheap Animation Comparison from the old series. This was also one of two
eps where Krangs eyes suddenly became a dark blue/purple color. There is
NO Detail what soever in the cheap stuff, and looks like a child could have done
it rather than proffesional animators..

This cheap stuff is slightly more advanced than above, but not by much...
Just LOOK at the difference!
Hey thanks for asking if you can use my FF screen caps there Vegita... Just messin' but you could at least credit me...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:23 PM   #155
Rikirk
Foot Soldier

Im probobly going to reiterate what a vast majority of posters already stated, but i want to input my 2 cents.

I hate this new style of animation, the blockiness of their heads make them look like...well...bucketheads. Bad, bad move.

While I very much enjoy sci fi and future stories, who thought the future and the TMNT would be a good idea? They are gonna scrape the barrell for every cliche they can find now. Another example of how the suits love to fix things that aint broken.

flame me for this if you must, but i think this is where this show jumps the shark.

I will never stop being a TMNT fan....but this new arc is beginning to try my patience. Eh..Ill give it a chance, but im not holding my breath.

"Yes, yes I admit I tuned you out but in my defense its because I already figured out that youre stupid.'---Dr Rodney McKay - Stargate: Atlantis
Rikirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:35 AM   #156
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

I'm not gonna read all 8 pages, but I do agree with rikirk here. (Except for liking the sox, go cubbies!)

I'll probably follow fastforward until I get bored and forget it's on. The pilot episode seemed to incorporate pretty much everything I was hoping they wouldn't do. Like Cody Jones building a time machine and sending the turtles from the past to the future. This serling robot guy being a total tool, and everything pretty much was like Ninja Turtles mixed with every Nickelodeon cartoon, even the theme song screamed "trying to hard". I hate the new theme song.

The animation was bad, though I did like the fight scene towards the end, seemed pretty well done.

Oh well I can at least look forward to the movie. I think the turtles cartoon is on its way out, and I really don't mind. Which is something I can't believe I'm saying, but when you mix in teeny-punk rockers with lame jokes and gags it'll take more than just a bebop homage to get this old timer hooked.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:02 AM   #157
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikirk
Another example of how the suits love to fix things that aint broken..
I never could have worded it so perfectly.
Quote:
flame me for this if you must, but i think this is where this show jumps the shark.
Excellent analogy! Unfortunately for us fans, our Happy Days may very well be drawing to a close.
Quote:
I will never stop being a TMNT fan....but this new arc is beginning to try my patience. Eh..Ill give it a chance, but im not holding my breath.
It was either the show going downhill at some point or they could have dropped it in its prime. Which would you have preferred? Everyone is welcome to answer that question.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:00 AM   #158
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
PR took itself dead seriously after Turbo, and sometimes in between MMPR, so now you're telling me that the true, hardcore purist fans who know what it did for years after it stopped being mainstream should just accept big ass explosions and nothing else to sustain it when we all know it's shown to be capable of more? What a fravking sell-out, clearly you don't truley get PR at all.

Ser, this is why s*it likes Lonatics gets on the air...

And I could care less what you think. You're content with explosions and less ellaboration on what PR has been making work for several years without cancelation nor restriction, precisly what Promethius is talking about.

...Coincidently Promethius, the original is much better than this series when you're not watching it for the moments of repetettion, which I can also accuse the new series of doing the same (Shredder "dies", comes back, Baxter "dies" come back, BOOORRRIING), at least they know when to keep those characters when they need them. The original is better viewed for it's comedy and for the occasional dark storyline

I may not hate ALL of the Disney seasons, in fact SPD is the only one I downright loathe, for a billion reasons, not just because it was badly written and badly produced, but because it turned the fandom into gutless Holywood shills who are fine with anything getting on the screen so long as the franchice thrives. Ninja Storm and Mystic Force are a return to the classic PR format of fun AND telling a story, STD is just good acting admist a barrage of explosions and special effects posing as Rangers.
I do agree with you I was watching some old episodes of PR this past week and man I really used to like this show allot and never realized it.
Mostly when Lord Zed came into the show.
But hasn't Power Rangers always had huge explosions?
One things that's always botherd me though about Power Rangers is the mouths on the bad guys hadrly ever move...it bugged me as a teen and it bugs me now you think with Disney backing them up they would fix that but we see how much Disney cares about things it buys The Muppets are proof of that they are sitting around collecting dust. Along with many other things I'm sure.
Lol btw I always call it STD also so funny haha. It does make the Theme song fun to sing! Oh well can't win em all.
The reason I really got out of PR though was because it just changes casts wayyyyyyy to much for me. They may have been morons but I sure miss bulk and skull after watching these old episodes.
btw sorry to be sooooo way off topic.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:09 AM   #159
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl
Noticed that too. There was feline type feet (the same ones over and over again) who walked passed Michelangelo. Plus the BeBop thing.

But hmm.. Raphael falling for an alien Fox! OOH! Yea! Ninjara! Or would her name be Mezcaal?

Mezcaal was from the future. How about an apearance by a certain female lizard, Mona Lisa, Who knows, Heh.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:44 AM   #160
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Hey thanks for asking if you can use my FF screen caps there Vegita... Just messin' but you could at least credit me...
Heh, I wanted to get a quick comparison, and my digital version was home..

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote