The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-16-2006, 09:41 PM   #1
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

New Movie figures are OUT

Check your meijers. They've started hitting, I'm in Chicago but I heard Michigan is getting them too. All I got was Casey Jones, the rest were gone or not put out. I'll try and take pics soon. They were $1 more than usual ($6.99) but they'll probably be a bit cheaper at Wal-Mart.

Happy hunting!

Not just the midwest (though that's where Meijer is) this also means wal-mart/target/toysrus should be getting them in any day now, so keep checking around!

Edit:

Last edited by BigApple3AM; 12-22-2006 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Pictures
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:15 PM   #2
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

This is only if you live in the Midwest.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:55 PM   #3
Toonami Tom
Banned

This is totally awesome! I can't wait to get some movie figures!
Toonami Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:00 PM   #4
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Sweet! just in time for the holidays....
Old 12-18-2006, 09:59 PM   #5
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Turtles were on eBay from someone in Michigan (no doubt got them from Meijer) but they went for $30+. I'm thinking of selling the Casey and just buying another when they're everywhere, I don't like him very much, it's the turtles alone (maybe Splinter) that I can't wait for. A meijer around here had the 3 turtles but not Leo so I decided not to go (it was an hour away) the others sold out in one day.

I don't think they'll hit in full force until after Christmas. I have a feeling TRU will be the first other than Meijer to get them so keep on the lookout!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:22 PM   #6
syk_skillz
Foot Soldier

Hmmm since I'm in Michigan I'll go see if miejers have any tommorrow
Raph and leo look he best to me

Last edited by syk_skillz; 12-18-2006 at 11:28 PM.
syk_skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:19 AM   #7
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Newest report is that they're hitting wal-marts on the west coast now. Yeah I really really can't wait for Leo and the other turtles. The rest is meh. Good luck finding them Syk. If you don't need to really go to meijers for anything other than turtles I suggesting calling ahead. That way you don't waste gas if they don't have anything. All the meijers I called were able to help me by telling me if they were sold out in the computer or still in stock and then if they're in stock you just run over as fast as you can, because they won't hold anything for you them bastards.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:41 AM   #8
Toonami Tom
Banned

I bought the 4 TMNT, Splinter, April, Casey, and Foot Ninja last night at Meijers. These are the best TMNT figures ever! They are bigger too. Everyone, including the turtles are about an inch or 2 bigger than the 2k3 figures. So cool! Good luck to everyone on finding them.
Toonami Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:57 AM   #9
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

I might try my local Wally World, which is 10 miles away. The regional TRU did not have much a couple days ago. This is the only TRU within a 100 mile radius.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:21 PM   #10
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things

I have a feeling I'll be getting some o' these guys for Christmas. My mom isn't done Christmas shopping for me, so that means she'll be going to TRU on Saturday to get me a few o' these guys. She'll be going there anyways to get me the Luke Skywalker X-wing from the Star Wars Saga Collection, which is an exclusive.

How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:30 AM   #11
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun

I'm headed home to the Midwest for Christmas. I'll definitely have to have a look around my local Walmarts and Meijers.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:46 AM   #12
Spike Spiegel
Jiggly and Full of Juice

This is awesome, I live in the Midwest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:08 PM   #13
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Mini review, gotta keep it short I'm going out of town tomorrow and have to drive for over 12 hours. I'm not even packed yet so here goes.

Boy have the koopas gotten big!

Here's a brief timeline. You can see the scale of the turtles by comparing with your older figures.

You thought the dark turtles were big... these guys are bigger!

Close up!

Ok these guys are really well done. Best turtles ever really. I was a bit worried the legs wouldn't be good but you can actually have them sit down this time around (or high kick). They don't have ball joint legs which isn't bad because I don't care for the look of the giant testicle hips marvel legends have, but because of this you won't be able to do a side kick. They really have excellent articulation otherwise! The head sculpts are iffy, check the pics to see if you like them. I think Leo and Raph have the best headsculpts. Don's is good too but for some reason his head looks a little odd. I think they had to do something different to accomodate for his goggles. Mikey has spaced out eyes which are freaky. It seems like you might be able to get a mikey with properly placed eyes so when buying these figures keep an "eye" out for a decent Mikey with properly painted eyes. More pics coming up.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:22 PM   #14
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Leo's glider clips on over this belt. It's kind of cheapy but not bad an accessory.

They did a weird color on Raph, I don't know if he'll actually be like this in the movie. He's got the most different skin color out of all of them, the rest are pretty similar to each other. I kind of like Raph's different skin, and overall all these guys need a better paint job (if you're a customizer have fun!). They look cartoony and not dark like the movie scenes we've seen. Also this is the first time EVER don hasn't been BROWN.

Scale to Marvel Legends. Hawkeye is about average size for that toyline, donny is a bit bigger.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:49 PM   #15
Jed
Stone Warrior

They look so cool, I can't wait for them over here!! Thanks for the pics.
I am Frank-Zappa-as-imagined-by-the-editor-of-a-famous-rock-&-roll-magazine. I am an anachronism who makes the ugliest music on the planet. I have no right to call myself a member of the human race. I am tasteless, untalented, pompous, arrogant, cruel, insensitive, vulgar and not a fun guy because I don't use drugs.

Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:38 PM   #16
Roseangelo
Emperor

I found a bunch tonight! I picked up Mike, Don, Raph, Splinter, and April (no Leo and Casey had a bad paint job) as well as the Nightwatcher bike/figure. They also had the Cowabunga Carl van, the rip cord Mike, and the 2-pack with Mike and one of the baddies. None of the last ones appeal to me, so I didn't get them. I'll post some pictures later after I get them opened.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:42 PM   #17
DrSpengler
TMNT Entity guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectocooler View Post
Kickass Ghostbusters photo in the back, there, man!

-Mark Pellegrini
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:39 PM   #18
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Yeah it's signed by Ernie. I met him at a con and he's the coolest guy. My dream is to get it signed by all of the gb, I don't think I'll have a problem except for Bill. It was actually Ernie's picture he was selling, I really hope that guy gets some bigger movie deals he really deserves it.

Still pissed Murray wouldn't sign off on an action figure... He doesn't deserve one with that attitude (who am I kidding I'd buy 3).

Good luck to everyone on finding them, if anyone wants to take pics of the cowabunga carl van I'd appreciate it, it looks really old school party wagon-ish which means a definite must buy for me.

And Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone on the Drome. I'm going out of town and have to drive and I don't know why I'm not asleep yet!
Old 12-23-2006, 01:33 AM   #19
Roseangelo
Emperor

Here's my stash from tonight:

And the guys unpacked:

Didn't find Leo tonight; he must still be in South America.

Oh, and I have to say that I had concerns for the Mikey figure from the pictures I was seeing (and even in the above picture he looks a little too happy), but in person it actually looks quite good.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:39 AM   #20
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE

Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Cool 55

-->> Thanxx for lettin' me use this in my update, RoseM. !!

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote