The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-25-2014, 07:43 PM   #1
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Review And Discussion(Be Warned of Probable Spoilers)

To start off the thread I will throw out a couple of articles for fellow Spider-Man fans to look at however be careful with the second one. Going into the film do you think too much is known about it and what lies ahead after the film? Its just the age of social networking but also a tight rope of either chasing people away who want a surprise or drawing in more viewers. After I see the film next week I will post a review on here and welcome any others to do the same. Until atleast a week to ten days after tis release I ask much of the movie talk be in spoiler form. Also, what do you think of the character chosen to be involved? Too many or ones you would have rather have seen included? Also feel free to discuss who you think would be included in a Sinister Six movie and how that and Eddie Brock can hold a film with minimal Spider-Man or how Spider-Man would work into it especially since the Sony studio only has the Spider-Man brand to combat Venom and the Sinister Six and Garfield is only contracted with the studio for three films of Spider-Man not spinoff or a fourth film,atleast at the moment.
This is the cast on Good Morning America talking about the world premiere in London and about the franchise and what to expect.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-2-star-698742

If you want to be spoiled go ahead but if you want to wait until you see the film DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/04/...xternal,manual

Go ahead and start pinning threads of web,true believers love it or hate its sure to be a wild ride!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #2
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Saw this weeks ago. Not bad, but nothing spectacular either, better than the first Webb movie though despite all the flip-flopping and jarring tonal shifts in this one. At least it's a breezier Spidey flick
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #3
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Can you without spoiling explainng the sudden tone shifts? Weeks ago? I thought it had been ten days since the Britian and Austriallia premire.

Here is an interesting article for fellow Spidey fans.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...shows-20140429

Be careful of spoilers but if its cool or you have seen it here a bit about Norman Osborn.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Amazi...Egg-42817.html

More news on a Sinister Six film. A solo Venom film is plausible but a Sinster Six film without Spider-Man?
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Sinis...ary-42798.html

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #4
JoshDA7X
Hench Mutant

I thought it was a great film, finally a good Spider-man film!!!

Donatello: You're a claustrophobic.
Casey Jones: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy.
JoshDA7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Nope.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...Broke-MovieBob

I liked the movie, but this guy gets it SPOT on. I bet you anything this won't hold up in five years let alone ten.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #6
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Saw it earlier tonight. Easily the worst Spider-Man movie IMO and I hated Spider-Man 3.

This was Batman & Robin levels of bad.

Terrible writing and acting. Things were either extremely rushed or just terrible ideas to begin with. Even the action scenes were a big disappointment to me.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:56 PM   #7
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

*watches MovieBob's review (thanks for that BTW, I was thinking it'd be Friday...) and hopes beyond hope that Liebsman's TMNT doesn't leave me in a similar state.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:53 AM   #8
JoshDA7X
Hench Mutant

I must be from a different planet or something! What are you people expecting from movies? Seriously? I enjoyed this waaaaaaaaaay more than the first amazing and leaps and bounds more than the spiderman 3! Just out of interest, what films do you actually think are good?

Donatello: You're a claustrophobic.
Casey Jones: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy.
JoshDA7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:19 AM   #9
Turo602
The King of Kings

I just saw it, much better than the first movie. It had it's stupid moments, but overall it was fun and very engaging. I didn't much care for this take on Electro and his presence felt wasted. The Richard Parker subplot was also a letdown. Aside from those 2 big things, everything else was great.
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:03 AM   #10
ZariusTwo
Overlord

On some level, it is has a more raw and comics-paced approach to storytelling, but that can be a pain in the arse running time wise as it means characters routinely flip-flop and can't settle on what to do until it's too late. That works in a monthly book or a trade paperback but can be irritable in a multi-hour run time. These soap opera cliches hurt more logical storytelling approches. I don't pay to see a movie where the hero stands entirely still on a variety of subjects.

For me it was an enjoyable, glorified licensing expo thinly disguised as a movie. It's not attrotcious, but it did leave me feeling the brand can be diluted to dangerous levels.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:12 AM   #11
Turo602
The King of Kings

Oh, yeah. Does anybody know what's up with the post credit scene? I've heard there was one from multiple sources and got nothing.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:36 AM   #12
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Oh, yeah. Does anybody know what's up with the post credit scene? I've heard there was one from multiple sources and got nothing.
In some markets they're just showing a clip from X-Men: Days of Future Past.

And it's not some hint at something. It's just a deal because Marc Webb owed Fox a movie. It's an advertisement/make good.

The thing that was supposed to be a mid-credits stinger thing was moved up into the movie itself sorta like Incredible Hulk.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:13 AM   #13
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
In some markets they're just showing a clip from X-Men: Days of Future Past.

And it's not some hint at something. It's just a deal because Marc Webb owed Fox a movie. It's an advertisement/make good.

The thing that was supposed to be a mid-credits stinger thing was moved up into the movie itself sorta like Incredible Hulk.
Yeah, I know that much about X-Men. It was a mid-credits scene. I guess that makes sense considering what the scene was.

I'm still a little confused... I searched for info on the post credits scene when I got home and got this 2 month old spoiler that was rumored to be the post credits scene along with two images. I find it hard to believe it was faked, maybe it was cut? Or is it just a joke, considering the connection the article makes to Disney? Sorry if this is old news, I haven't really been searching for spoilers or keeping up with the film other than the trailers.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:34 AM   #14
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
There are images during the first part of the credits that alludes to the Sinister Six.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #15
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant

Okay, here are my thoughts on the film. Actually, before I go into that, I'll enlighten you a little on my history with Spider-Man. I'm an avid comic reader of Spider-Man, but I was never REALLY into any of the TV shows. Also, just to let you all know, I preferred Marc Webb's first movie over Sam Raimi's movies, because I preferred the cast, their take on the story, and it stayed truer to the comics while trying to keep things interesting and fresh.

A year ago, I stopped watching trailers for movies since they spoiled so much. I stopped looking up info about them online. Made sure to avoid TV spots and clips on the internet. EVERYTHING! Tried to stay away. And that's what I did with this film, and I'm super glad I did. It made the whole movie experience so much better (especially since I didn't 'feel like I've seen the whole movie').

So, anyway, here are my thoughts. I really enjoyed this movie. In the beginning, to me at least, it was kind of slow. But then there was one certain scene where it just clicked for me, and from then on, I enjoyed the movie a whole lot more. (Not saying I didn't like the beginning, I really did, it's just I became truly invested in it at this certain point.) Really liked the fights, Max's character, and I really thought the portrayal of Harry was spot on from the comics (anyone agree?). Overall, really good movie, and I think I enjoyed it better than the first one. Even if I knew certain parts or aspects were coming, the movies portrayal of the scenes were done so well where you still got surprised, excited, or emotionally invested. That was cool.

So, I really liked it. I think even loved it (have to see it again to know for sure). More than all the other Marvel movies (maybe not Avengers), but that may just be because I'm biased and really love Spider-Man. I suggest to ignore the critics and go see this movie, critics don't know what they're talking about half the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Also, what do you think of the character chosen to be involved? Too many or ones you would have rather have seen included?
I really liked the villains in this one (preferred them over The Lizard). I think they balanced it out well, too. Definitely not as bad as Spider-Man 3 (at least from the average person who rates movies on IMDb. ASM2's rating may go down [since movies usually do after a few weeks], but I'm pretty sure it's not going to drop to the rating of Spider-Man 3.)

Quote:
Also feel free to discuss who you think would be included in a Sinister Six movie and how that and Eddie Brock can hold a film with minimal Spider-Man or how Spider-Man would work into it especially since the Sony studio only has the Spider-Man brand to combat Venom and the Sinister Six and Garfield is only contracted with the studio for three films of Spider-Man not spinoff or a fourth film,atleast at the moment.
I'm actually hoping that, eventually, (maybe not in the third film) we get the Ultimate Spider-Man treatment, if you know what I mean. I think that would be really cool. And I'll touch on my thoughts on a Sinister Six and Venom film below.

Quote:
A solo Venom film is plausible but a Sinster Six film without Spider-Man?
Actually, even way before this film was out and these two movies were announced, I was super pumped for Sinister Six. I actually think it's going to be a harder time making a entertaining film focusing solely on Venom (I'm sure it'll end up being a military movie, and ... eh. I may like it, may not, but it all depends.) I think, if the writing is done right, a Sinister Six film with no Spider-Man may actually be sweet. Like, really cool. Marvel films and superhero films in general haven't really majorly focused on the villian's, and seeing a movie of a team would be sweet.

It all depends on how well it's written, though, and how the team comes together and the chemistry between them. It may be something super special. The only question is what exactly they're fighting, but that aspect is something that really intrigues me.
Spoiler:
My only question, since at the end of this movie they really introduced a lot of Sinister Six aspects, is if they're planning to make ASM3's villian's the Sinister Six, and then that leads into a solo movie? (I don't know what I think about that) Or if they'll introduce other characters from the Sinister Six in the next movie, and then have all six team up in the solo movie? If so, who do you guys think would be the villian's in ASM3? Volture? Mysterio?

Quote:
The Richard Parker subplot was also a letdown.
Agreed ... sorta. The reveal wasn't as big as I was hoping, but it still satisfied me enough that I felt it was worth my time investing in the whole subplot.

Quote:
Yeah, I know that much about X-Men. It was a mid-credits scene. I guess that makes sense considering what the scene was.

I'm still a little confused... I searched for info on the post credits scene when I got home and got this 2 month old spoiler that was rumored to be the post credits scene along with two images. I find it hard to believe it was faked, maybe it was cut? Or is it just a joke, considering the connection the article makes to Disney? Sorry if this is old news, I haven't really been searching for spoilers or keeping up with the film other than the trailers.
This looks like it could have been an extra part that was edited out. Because that EXACT picture frame never happened, and I don't recall seeing that certain something ever in the background. But I've heard they ended up cutting A LOT from this movie, so this was probably a piece. Really hoping we get a Directors Cut DVD/Blu-Ray version.

SewerSirensPodcast@hotmail.com

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #16
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

I liked the film.
Spoiler:
I liked that we got to see exactly what happened to the Parker's. Interesting that the whole thing with Green Goblin was that it was some weird genetic disorder. Also the spider's having Richard's DNA. Well no bloody fricken duh. I figured that out in the previous film!! Why else would the spider give Peter powers when it bit him? Duh! It was just a friendly hello from a um...niece/sibling(?)

The whole film tho is now leading up to the Sinister 6 movie (I saw Dr. Octopus' tenticles and Vulture's wings!!). Also, Blackcat working for Oscorp was nice...even if she didn't put on a costume.

As for the mid-credit scene. I was EXTREMELY confused by it. Here I was expecting something related to Spider-Man when suddenly X-Men! Probably the closest we'll get to a crossover. *lol*
Old 05-02-2014, 10:07 PM   #17
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

I liked the movie I did but I got issues with it I wouldn't say its a great movie but no where near a bad one like Spider-Man 3 was. certain aspects felt rushed just thrown in there because we have got to get to the other movies like I was watching a bunch of trailers or something maybe some ****** tie-in comic. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense but its the only way I can describe it. After the movie ended I just expected more and it just never gave it. The whole film felt completely anti-climatic.

I think for the most part what kept me from not liking it was how well the movie was casted. Andrew Garfield to me is the best version of Spider-Man we have had on live action screen. Jamie Foxx while I'm not a big fan of this version of Electro I did feel did a good job. Sally Field is also a much better Aunt May. As always Emma Stone was amazing. Gwen and Peter moments were some of the best moments in the movie. I hope they can do as good a job with the casting of MJ as they did with Gwen in the next movies. Harry on the other hand his performance was just odd and the fact that he just kept contradicting himself. I don't know maybe it was not the actors fault and more on the writing and directing of the character but Harry just felt off like he shouldn't have been in the movie at all or at the very least the villain.

I liked the movie but its not going down in history as one of the best comic movies of all time.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:19 AM   #18
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Saw it earlier tonight. Easily the worst Spider-Man movie IMO and I hated Spider-Man 3.

This was Batman & Robin levels of bad.

Terrible writing and acting. Things were either extremely rushed or just terrible ideas to begin with. Even the action scenes were a big disappointment to me.
Batman and Robin bad? I don't think so. That movie is really unwatchable and about as bad as at least the Mortal Kombat 2 movie.

I thought Electro was coolest when he was actually using his powers. Otherwise he was one of those obvious nerdy invisible to everyone kind of person. There just wasn't that much character to him.

Fair is fair electro didn't have that much of character in the original origin story in the first place. He was an electrician that got electrocuted one day while working on some wires and then one accident later he was electro. The dudes cake at the beginning of the movie had yellow lightning with green stripes, the colors of the original costume.

I liked the Harry in this one. Dude was showing a nice evil side without trying too hard, kind of wished for more scenes with him outside of the makeup. I also didn't really see him as evil quite up and until his "transformation".

I liked this movie and the first, but not better than the first two Raimi made, especially the second one. Those where done by a guy who knew the Spiderman universe and comic books in general. At the end of the day this is my opinion, so I could care less if people hate this summer movie I even like the billionth Stan Lee appearance in it.

J.K. Simmons played the best out of the Raimi Trilogy.

"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:06 AM   #19
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Lightbulb

Meh...

First, I'll say that The Amazing Spider-Man is my favorite Spider-Man movie. But this movie is kinda dumb. Lots of cliches and writing on the walls - for people who don't think too good. There's even a moment when a character's internal dialogue is sung in lyrics of the film score. This movie beats you on the head with everything, instead of expecting you to figure anything out.

I LOVE their take on Electro, but I hate that Peter is so tied up with his own things, that there's hardly a relationship between him and that villain. Electro is just a guy who Peter crosses paths with. To me, the movie really drags, but so much of the important stuff seems rushed. I think there's a time management problem.

I can deal with the corny dialogue and incredible conveniences. But, it's a very Batman Forever-y transition from the last film to this one.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:00 AM   #20
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
There's even a moment when a character's internal dialogue is sung in lyrics of the film score.
Yeah ... That was really stupid and took me out of the moment.

SewerSirensPodcast@hotmail.com

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spider-man