The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-01-2007, 04:33 AM   #1
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Discussion for the Next New Fast Forward Episode: "Race For Glory!"

Ok well we have no idea when this is going to air but Dan has put a synopsis up on the official website.
Quote:
EPISODE 138

"Race For Glory!"

Story Editor: Lloyd Goldfine

Senior Supervising Director: Roy Burdine

Written by Marty Isenberg

Synopsis:
The Turtles enter a tricked-out Hovershell in a cross-country road race that pits the latest high tech experimental vehicles against one another. But the fun and games quickly turn serious when Triple Threat decides to crash the race and steal all the cars.
Oh yay my least favorite character out of this entire series.
Why does this seem like it's going to be Plant Racers part II.
I can't say I've got much hope for this one how about the rest of you?
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:02 AM   #2
Ra
It's my desire?

Ehh...the Plant Racers episode was okay...but definitely not my favorite episode. They didn't have to focus it on racing so much. This definitely sounds like it's going to follow up on this, only it's not going to be as good in terms of plot. And the idea of a giant race is just...I don't know. Cheesy?

I'm trying to accept Fast Forward, I really am...but I just can't accept it. Maybe that's why I'm frowning at this idea for a race... *sighs* Then again, Teen Titans managed to pull off an episode similar to this fairly well, but that's different, I guess. And they had some good simi-plots braking off. Maybe Fast Forward will try something similar with this episode?

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."

Last edited by Ra; 05-01-2007 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Part of my post cut off... *coughs*
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:17 AM   #3
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!

I'm not really looking forward to this ep much either. Triple Threat is also my least favorite villain on Fast Forward, and I get the feeling I'm not going to be able to change my opinion after watching this episode.

However, I'll kindly eat my words if it turns out be great.

Last edited by Kunoichi_Haruko; 05-01-2007 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Ra fixed her post, so I fixed mine. *smirk*
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:20 AM   #4
Ra
It's my desire?

Ah, so you are right, Ruko. I never saw that on my monitor until now *goes and adds the little bit that was cut off*

Old 05-01-2007, 05:22 AM   #5
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi_Haruko View Post
However, I'll kindly eat my words if it turns out be great.
likewise...but I don't think we have anything to worry about..
Old 05-01-2007, 05:35 AM   #6
Ra
It's my desire?

Hopefully not. I'm going to try and hold back all judgement until I see this episode. I'm very curious now, and since I've heard a lot of phrase coming from those who watch it about the recent episodes, I think I'll try and give this episode a chance. Who knows? Maybe it will be the underdog episode of the season?

Old 05-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #7
Hero
British Bloke

Wink

I am just happy to hear that Triple Threat is back for this one.

===HERO
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:29 PM   #8
gobo
Wacky Action

Thankies much for the synopsis, man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Oh yay my least favorite character out of this entire series.
I thought Jammerhead was you least fav... No? Triple-Threat is my least favorite though, for sure. Sorry, Hero. But... I smell a filler ep. o.o

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:46 PM   #9
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

man are they running out of ideas or what..
Old 05-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #10
iris
moddy mod mod

Why categorize things in to "filler" or "progress"? There's nothing wrong with breaking things up a little, and the writing is of a high enough quality on this show that even the "filler" or "standalone" eps still tend to work in continuity.

I can't say I like Triple Threat, but he/they/it? entertains me. Just so gloriously stupid.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #11
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!

My guess is they're saving the good stuff for later, maybe? We still have another season to get through-- maybe they've decided to get all the crap episodes out of the way so they can get down to business in the fall, you know? *shrugs*

But I hope I'm wrong. I'd hate for these last 6 episodes to be utter junk....
Old 05-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why would the last 6 eps be junk when they have to wrap up everything?

FF was originally planned to only be 26 episodes, so its a good bet they're going to try to wrap up everything they've done during the season with these last eps.

This one does sound like a filler though, so I suppose the last 5 eps will all be about the main villains.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:09 PM   #13
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!

Yeah, sorry that's what I kind of meant. It wouldn't make sense to have the last 5 or 6 be junk, so that's why I was hoping I was wrong. I mean, c'mon, 4Kids likes to throw us for a loop, so who knows what they've got up their sleeve for the end of the series. Maybe this ep will put Triple Threat out of commision for a while, a very long while (I really can't stand the character at all). Like I said, I hope I'm wrong about these last episodes being...less than stellar, I guess.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:56 PM   #14
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
Why categorize things in to "filler" or "progress"?
I had nothing better to do. But, I didn't say fillerness was a bad thing. Some people don't like filler eps. Some (substantially fewer, I believe) prefer eps that chase their tails. It's a matter of personal taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why would the last 6 eps be junk when they have to wrap up everything?
Since they're producing another season of >>, they really don't need to and probably shouldn't wrap everything up. The scripts for Space Usagi to appear in >> were only sent to Stan Sakai for approval. So, there's no way they could churn out an even halfway decent ep on such short notice. Also, I believe Mr. Sakai said himself that it was intended to occur next season. I'm hoping that the chrono-distortion issues will be ironed out between then and now.
Spoiler:
In 2K3, Usagi's homeworld was only developed to the feudal stage. A mere century later, they have the means for space travel?? I think not. Not impossible, but very unlikely if you ask me.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post

Since they're producing another season of >>, they really don't need to and probably shouldn't wrap everything up.
I understand, but do you think the writers knew this from the getgo? It seems to me that 4kids only renewed FF for another season just recently.

If the writers didn't think they'd get another season in the future, it would make more sense for them to wrap everything up just in case the show ended. That's why I imagine the second season of FF will go in a different direction than this season, because they need to come up with new story material.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #16
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
The Turtles enter a tricked-out Hovershell in a cross-country road race that pits the latest high tech experimental vehicles against one another. But the fun and games quickly turn serious when Triple Threat decides to crash the race and steal all the cars.
Yay! More Triple H er Threat! He cracks me up.

This ep may sound like it's Planet Racers Pt Deux but think of the possibilities!

They're traveling in a road race across the U.S. We'll be able to see what the rest of the U.S looks like in 2105! Who knows...perhaps they'll be visiting your town? Me? I'd love to see Future Seattle or Future Salt Lake City.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:07 PM   #17
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Thankies much for the synopsis, man.
I thought Jammerhead was you least fav... No? Triple-Threat is my least favorite though, for sure. Sorry, Hero. But... I smell a filler ep. o.o
Nah I hate Jammerhead but atleast his got decent storys written about him this tripple T guy is just like some run of the mill old toon villian he's got no point in anything besides breaking stuff.
And I'd hardly call anything in the 2k3-FF series filler everything is connected and is related to one story or another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
This ep may sound like it's Planet Racers Pt Deux but think of the possibilities!

They're traveling in a road race across the U.S. We'll be able to see what the rest of the U.S looks like in 2105! Who knows...perhaps they'll be visiting your town? Me? I'd love to see Future Seattle or Future Salt Lake City.
You know you do actully bring up a good point! But I don't know if they'd take the time to do all of that.
I'd love to see what happens to los angeles in FF I wonder if it's sunk into the ocean lol.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:40 PM   #18
gobo
Wacky Action

eps left this season

138 "Race for Glory"
139 "Head of State"
140 "DNA is Thicker Than Water"
141 "The Cosmic Completist"
142 "The Day of Awakening"
143 TBA

In case anyone wasn't keeping track and wanted to know...

Old 05-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #19
MAESTAS
Foot Soldier

triple threat is always trying to pick a fight,hes just a big poser!
MAESTAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #20
iris
moddy mod mod

Quote:
I had nothing better to do. But, I didn't say fillerness was a bad thing. Some people don't like filler eps. Some (substantially fewer, I believe) prefer eps that chase their tails. It's a matter of personal taste.
You don't have to say filler is a bad thing; the word "filler" basically means "junk." Don't get me wrong... I'm not that easily impressed. But I guess I don't like to see people's work off-handedly dissed. To me it's not a matter of personal taste; it's a matter of respect.

*taps Righteous Indignation meter... needle is stuck at "happy-go-lucky"*

I should probably get that thing fixed, huh? :p