The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-19-2008, 07:19 AM   #1
gobo
Wacky Action

official new ep discussion for "Past Present"

I started the thread this week. YEY fer me! ^_^ So... It's pretty cool, huh? What with the radioactive turtles and all? ... Oh, right. I should wait until the show comes on before expecting an answer.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:25 AM   #2
Scandia
Mad Scientist

This episode was fine, though it did not stand out as a favorite.

I remember the keystones. There are towns in my state called Keystone and Keystone Heights. And they are nowhere near each other.

Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:32 AM   #3
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Sorry I still keep rolling my eyes at the new super powers.
I'm so glad
Spoiler:
they lose them at the end and go back to the TMNT we know and love.

Also did anyone else laugh when Karai, Leo, and Fatty Pants jump up the statue of Liberty? I was like hahaha yeah right I'm so sure!
Splinter's dialog is a bit odd in this episode also.
Not a bad one though I liked the bits with April and Karai at the start, and April and Chaplin.
Ooo and now we've got good old Dark Devil Shredder from the Anime, the thot plickens!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
This episode was fine, though it did not stand out as a favorite.

I remember the keystones. There are towns in my state called Keystone and Keystone Heights. And they are nowhere near each other.
I'm from PA and the entire time they kept talking about keystones this is all I could keep thinking about..funny how it didn't hit me when I first saw these episodes living in LA.

Pennsylvania
The word "keystone" comes from architecture and refers to the central, wedge-shaped stone in an arch, which holds all the other stones in place. The application of the term “Keystone State” to Pennsylvania cannot be traced to any single source. It was commonly accepted soon after 1800.

At a Jefferson Republican victory rally in October 1802, Pennsylvania was toasted as "the keystone in the federal union," and in the newspaper Aurora the following year the state was referred to as "the keystone in the democratic arch." The modern persistence of this designation is justified in view of the key position of Pennsylvania in the economic, social, and political development of the United States.

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 04-19-2008 at 08:39 AM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

This episode was indeed ok, but it didn't stand out much as previous eps in this season. I kind of wish we saw more of the city that was transformed with the monsters, unless we get that next week but no spoilers as I haven't seen the next two eps yet.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #5
Unicron the Agitator
Random Punk

Arghhh!!!!

Here in the New York Metro area we didn't get a new episode of Ninja Turtles! We got an extended airing of the Papel Mass! It wasn't even pre-empted for a later date, just not shown! I am furious!!!!
Unicron the Agitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:59 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron the Agitator View Post
Here in the New York Metro area we didn't get a new episode of Ninja Turtles! We got an extended airing of the Papel Mass! It wasn't even pre-empted for a later date, just not shown! I am furious!!!!
If its not on the TV tube, there's another tube "U" could watch it on.

OK, that was bad.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #7
Scandia
Mad Scientist

For those of you who are curious as to why I was posting today at that hour:

- I am still too ill to go to Body Combat (boo hiss for rhinovirus).
- I went to look at more condos (did not like the second complex, so returned to the first one).

And even at my ripe old age of 30, I would still not be too happy if they stopped showing the Turtles to show something else.

Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #8
maryshine
Foot Soldier

I loved this episode!! The whole April/Karai diolouge was great! It was also nice to have some Karai and Leo dialoug. They still have some issues to resolve, not romantic, more like "How the hell could you betray me like that?" stuff. At least that is the idea I got from "The Journal."

I suppose we can assume that the Mayor is dead?
maryshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:18 PM   #9
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

Yup, the Pope took over virtually every channel on TV today for us New Yorkers.

First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:38 PM   #10
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranigmaFreak View Post
Yup, the Pope took over virtually every channel on TV today for us New Yorkers.
I was really looking forward to this episode too.
The Terror of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #11
Unicron the Agitator
Random Punk

And this is why FOX is stupid! CW played repeats of Spectacular Spider-Man and saved the new episode for next week, knowing that a major market was going to miss out on that show. FOX could have done the same, but they're not that smart!
Unicron the Agitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:26 PM   #12
gobo
Wacky Action

Apparently, the pope doesn't mind impeding people's entertainment... the jerk.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:28 PM   #13
Dan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Apparently, the pope doesn't mind impeding people's entertainment... the jerk.
Um the Pope doesn't control the TV networks.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:41 PM   #14
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Um the Pope doesn't control the TV networks.
Sure he does. He controls most of western civilization. ^_^ BTW, I was being sarcastic when I called him a jerk. I know he didn't do it on purpose, and I forgive him for his very slight error in judgement that deprived many people of their regularly scheduled programming.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:33 AM   #15
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Ben 10 creator and Deadpool/Spider-Man writer Joe Kelly wrote this episode, which is why it's more character-driven. April didnt get a whole lot to do in this season, but her bedside conversation with Karai is one of my favourate TMNT scens involving the character, calming Karai's anger and rendering her speechless with how much she owes her enemies. Then of course, came the awesome Karai/Chaplin reunion, Chaplin lost none of his psudo-serious goofball charm when he was dragged into the room, but Karai's reaction said it all.

Real sprawling episode that had tension throughout between Karai and the Turtles, the Statue of Liberty jump, and the cliffhanger where the heores put up a valiant effort, but come up short. Probably the hightlight of the Lost Season
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:41 AM   #16
maryshine
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Ben 10 creator and Deadpool/Spider-Man writer Joe Kelly wrote this episode, which is why it's more character-driven. April didnt get a whole lot to do in this season, but her bedside conversation with Karai is one of my favourate TMNT scens involving the character, calming Karai's anger and rendering her speechless with how much she owes her enemies. Then of course, came the awesome Karai/Chaplin reunion, Chaplin lost none of his psudo-serious goofball charm when he was dragged into the room, but Karai's reaction said it all.

Real sprawling episode that had tension throughout between Karai and the Turtles, the Statue of Liberty jump, and the cliffhanger where the heores put up a valiant effort, but come up short. Probably the hightlight of the Lost Season
I couldn't of said it better myself. My faviorite was the whole conversation between Karai and Leo.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:51 AM   #17
Drtooth
Foot Elite

I tell you... any episode saga where you're sweating, and having trouble sleeping to see how it ends is a great one. None of this, I could miss an episode or two stuff here.

the dialogue was much better in this episode than the last few. Not that the episodes prior to this weren't good, but they were filled with such cliched bits and pieces. Thankfully, this episode settled down on stuff like "Looks like a Storm is coming." "No! It's already Here."

I really loved how the big effort was so futile. It really gives the dramatic tension a saga like this needs. There's nothing I like to see at the end of an episode than the heroes failing after thinking they've got the villain beat. Really keeps you on the edge of your seat, with your nails bitten to the nubs.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:10 PM   #18
maryshine
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post

I really loved how the big effort was so futile. It really gives the dramatic tension a saga like this needs. There's nothing I like to see at the end of an episode than the heroes failing after thinking they've got the villain beat. Really keeps you on the edge of your seat, with your nails bitten to the nubs.
I did too! It would be soo boring if things were just handed to them all the time.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #19
ToTheNines
[sic]

One of the better lost episodes for sure... only new thing I have to say really is that I like the creepy piano music they use for the Demon Shredder.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:05 PM   #20
Mandi-chan
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post

You took the words out of my mouth!

This was a great ep, I loved the April and Karai scene (good to see April again, nice to see that Karai may be coming to her senses again...), and Chaplin showing up was the best! I love the warm smile Karai gives him when he goes to pick her up off the bed.

Leo and Karai's conversation later on in the episode was great too, again I do think she's starting to come to her senses in regards to her war against the Hamato clan...it was nice to see her save Leo's life too.

I'm not big on the turtles having magical powers, it's just odd for me to see...and is something I'll need to warm up to (I don't have the dvd yet, and this is the first whole ep of the Lost Season I've seen).
Mandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote