The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Official Ep Discussion: "City Under Siege"

Hope everyone had a good week!

Where this is the last ep - arc? - of the series, I've decided to do this a lil differently. I've decided to have this open Now and let people debate about how this ep is going to finish up the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comics Continuum
With the Foot reassembled and his powers greater than ever, the Shredder hacks into the NYC computer grid and brings the city to its knees! The Turtles take to the rooftops to stop him, but with every electronic device in New York reprogrammed by the Shredder to attack them, the guys get their shells kicked! They must use all their future-tech know-how to turn the tables on the Shredder or the city will go permanently haywire!
Alright folks, this is the LAST storyline/episode? of the series. Shredder's back in business and is planning a massive takeover of the city's electronics. Everything from ATMs to Subways are gonna be going haywire. The boys are going to have a HUGE problem on their hands with all of this - and they STILL have yet to finish finding all of Splinter's data and returning him to normal.

And finally... I just want to let everyone know how grateful I am for the continued participation in these discussion threads over the years. I started this during the first season, and have enjoyed it all the way up to the very end. I am truly going to miss the debates and over-analyzing the show, and hope that we'll have a great ending to an awesome series...

And even though it makes Lloyd Goldfine cry when I say it...

STAY TU-- Wait, what am I saying? LETS GET IT STARTED!
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:28 PM   #2
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

I just really hope that this wraps up well and gives us all what we're looking for. It's really sad if this is the last we'll see of the new series. But if it is it's had a pretty good run and I've enjoyed it over all. I hope Splinter is restored in this episode I can't wait.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:08 AM   #3
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

wait so this is the last episode? I thought we had a few more to go?
Old 11-29-2008, 04:35 AM   #4
gobo
Wacky Action

'Last arc' is what she meant. I doubt it's a three-parter, but it could very well be an arc in the way eps 2 & 3 were (the mouser arc).

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:06 AM   #5
X
Stone Warrior

Well if TMNT should end, my son and myself have no more need of the CW or CW4KIDS...

My son likes cool cartoons, and the one CW or 4Kids ever ran in his eyes, was TMNT. Same goes for me.

I remember signing up to these forums just because of the new cartoon. However, should it end, there is no longer a reason for me to hang around.

TMNT in its current iteration has been good, and should keep going. It continues to draw good ratings, but if 4kids is only keeping this show on the air for other reasons, more power to them. No one can stop them or convince them otherwise to keep a show on the air.

So if this show should end, I guess all that remains is Transformers Animated, and this new X-Men show that's been making the rounds. Should TMNT go on however, I will continue to watch it.

-X-
Old 11-29-2008, 09:31 AM   #6
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Damn that was Rad!
Surprised Shredder didn't kill Hun, Guessing he will more than likely help stop him in the end.
I loved how April looks almost reminds me of a Neutrino.
And I do believe I saw Jester on that subway train! Hope your ok man!
Oh also When that first car got hit, I was like woa!
Couldn't believe that happened, don't remember them showing things like that in the past.
EDIT: even seeing this crash again had me saying damn!
And Cyber Shredder is so reminding me of Viral, I think it would be cool if she's still in there some place.
I seriously hate that it took this long for things to come together with what like 2 episodes left?
Loving the Foot Symbols all over the city.
Enjoyed seeing the Channel 6 April knock off again, & nice to see Leonardo being himself again.
Damn Vira..erm I mean Cyber Shredder is crazy, I really enjoyed the water blast scenes.
Boy that sewer swimming scene felt really old toonish, I know I can't be the only person to think that.
Except in the old toon the turtles would have let Casey & April out first.
Exploding Ninja stars, I'm glad I wasn't disappointed now I have my eye rolling moment of the week.
What Mikey did with allowing Cyber Shredder to cut away at the platform beams really reminded me of what Splinted did with the Shredder & the Water Tower way back in the early seasons of the show.
Ok and Cyber Shredder dies way to easy but I guess it could be said he comes back way to easy as well.
When he shut down like that a question springs to mind, is he just a shell with a downloaded mind or is he now flesh and blood, I'd guess he's just like a robot pretty much if he shuts down and starts up like that via electricity.
Over all I thought this was the best episode of the season so far, I hope it only gets better with these last few.

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 11-29-2008 at 09:39 AM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Only 2 episodes of the season left, but it seems we're going into reruns for awhile.

I wonder if this is the end of the series?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #8
Drtooth
Foot Elite

I must say, they really got back to where they should have been all along in the last 2 episodes. I just hope they can wrap up all that stuff about the three Shredders in the next 2 episodes. Sucks that this is the end of it, though. I really wish there was some way just to extend BTTS another season... but, meh... as long as it ends big, I won't mind.

I only wish the fight between Hun and Shredder was longer and a bigger focus. That seemed like the biggest part of the episode, and they took care of it in the cold opening.

Though, I must admit... April's cyber suit was pretty cool. Too bad they wouldn't make that one... but they'd screw it up somehow.

And they FINALLY know what to do with Mikey. I see him as the goofball that, when it comes down to it, can fight just as well as his brothers. He used his annoyance to his advantage (in a manner similar to the Mike/Raph fight in the Battle Nexus), and wound up saving the day when they others couldn't. I wish that we saw more of that Mikey this season.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder, are we only going to get to see Splinter in the final episode? It sure seems that way.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #10
X
Stone Warrior

And poof... I turn on CW long enough to watch TMNT, then I am done with the channel for another week.

Well in this case until the next new TMNT comes on.

GREAT EPISODE!!! I remember that TMNT4kids stated that it is to premature to say that this is the last season, but if it is, more power to them.

I hope it keeps going to I can continue to watch it, as well as my son, but that's not our call I suppose.

You figure one of the highest rated shows they have would stay on the air, but who knows anymore. I guess all I can say is, if they don't care, I don't care.

Again though... Great episode. This season has had a good balance to it. Some feel like seasons 7-8, some feel like seasons 1-5.

Here's hoping there's more after this season. If not, then it's toodloo CW4kids, because outside of TMNT, the station offers nothing I care for.

-X-
Old 11-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #11
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

good episode and long over due for the Shredder to get out of cyber space and into the real world to start trouble. This episode was full of little gems I think to seeing the purple dragon getting picked off one by one and seeing Shredder go up against Hun as actual enemies in a face off. Nice little detail on the whole "I'm not afraid of Youuuuu" by Hun. Yeah right. He was just about losing it in his pants.I felt the whole scenes with April and Don where great and a little nod to the relationship they share. I could see some of the feelings Don has for April when she asked to go and mentioned that Splinter has been like a father to her too. There was a close up of Don's face when she said that and I just saw that something there he has for her. Plus April's cyber suit is really cool. I like it.

I enjoyed seeing Mikey and Leo working together and sparring. You never see leo and Mikey sparring. I've noticed that the show has always really avoided having Mikey and Leo sparr together. Mikey seemed to give it his best during it to...until Leo flung him. I think that scene really showed how both of them approuch fighting. Leo anticipates and Mikey thinks on his feet. Nice. I love it when Leo and Mikey work together so I naturally adored seeing them go into the subway trying to stop the whole thing. That was intence with leo trying to hack the train and Mikey pulling on the emergency break.

The crashes and general chaos and looting when things went to hell was good. It really put a nice touch of realism to the episode, to see how the citizens where reacting. Normally you just see them running around screaming in terror and though we did see that it was nice to see the individuals that where taking advantage of the chaos to cause damage to the streets and steal. And man...those crashes where intence. I was actually shocked when the streat lights started flickering and that little car was drove into the street and was smashed by a giant truck. It happened like an actual accident, one moment the car is there the next it's not as the truck rams it. I just thought...yeah those people are dead alright.

There must have been a little glitch in my area, because when the the van was turned over by being reamed by fire hydrants it cut to a commercial than the when the scene came back after the commercial the turtleswhere already out of the van and going itno the sewers, and something leo said was cut off. The actual fight with the turtles and the foot was cool. I loved seeing the turtles fight against the foot. Nothing like good old Shredder on turtle action. Raph completely handed Kahn his ass, good for him. And Mikey finnally got to shine with a brief solo fight with Shredder. ANd beat him! You go Mikey! ah man I was jumping up and down and chearing when they faced off. And Mikey beat him using his own fighting method. Improvising. You own Mikey! Made the Mikey fan in me proud. But of course Shredder's not really dead.

Nice episode, I really the thought the fight corography (I know I killed that spelling) was good, and I liked that city under siege ment a city under seige of technology. It's a cliched plot but some how I thought this episode pulled it off well and it was diffrent enough from City at Wat to not be carbon copy of it.
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism

Last edited by Sage Ninja; 11-29-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #12
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
And poof... I turn on CW long enough to watch TMNT, then I am done with the channel for another week.

Well in this case until the next new TMNT comes on.

GREAT EPISODE!!! I remember that TMNT4kids stated that it is to premature to say that this is the last season, but if it is, more power to them.

I hope it keeps going to I can continue to watch it, as well as my son, but that's not our call I suppose.

You figure one of the highest rated shows they have would stay on the air, but who knows anymore. I guess all I can say is, if they don't care, I don't care.

Again though... Great episode. This season has had a good balance to it. Some feel like seasons 7-8, some feel like seasons 1-5.

Here's hoping there's more after this season. If not, then it's toodloo CW4kids, because outside of TMNT, the station offers nothing I care for.

-X-

Well, we haven't had our local 4Kids rep around for a while, I'm REALLY hoping we get an update from him sometime soon...

I'm still writing up my review for this, so no comment yet...
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #13
gobo
Wacky Action

The music played while Leo & Mikey sparred on the roof was shaping up to be pretty awesome, but too soon and too abruptly. So, which Purple Dragon was Bam-Bam? Since they named two at the same time, it was a tad confusing. I've never really considered it before, but was this the first episode of the 2003 continuity to have Shredder concern himself with Casey or April? He was headed toward April as she was uploading the Wyrm-killer, and he sucker-kicked Casey. As far as I can recall, that was the first time they directly interacted with each other. Pretty not bad at all episode, on the whole. There wasn't a single eye-rolling moment to be found.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #14
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior

Is this realy the last episode? 4KIDS said that this season will be 13 episodes.. So how can it be the last one?
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #15
InsaneZane
Mad Scientist

Yes, I agree this was the best ep of the season so far also...
It's almost hard to believe they'll end it all in just 2 more eps, and so typical of them to make us wait through the repeats for them.
I really do wish more of the season was like this, it actually felt like an episode of the 2k3 series.

I keep thinking so much for Rat King being "The monster they'll NEVER escape!!!!!"
Old 11-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #16
X
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
Well, we haven't had our local 4Kids rep around for a while, I'm REALLY hoping we get an update from him sometime soon...

I'm still writing up my review for this, so no comment yet...
One can hope he has just had his hands full realizing how good the ratings are (compared to other shows they carry,) and holding meetings in order to get another season made.

If he/she really bailed on this site because they have no comment, and opted to just not show their face, that would be pretty bad, and a blatant show of their morale. I doubt that to be the case, if they were truly professional.

I think he/she has just been busy. Hopefully in a good way (more TMNT after the remainder of this season.)

-X-
Old 11-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #17
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 View Post
Is this realy the last episode? 4KIDS said that this season will be 13 episodes.. So how can it be the last one?
The series has been guilty of having "finale-esque" episodes early or in the midst of a season. Seasons two and four come to mind in particular
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #18
Aneras713
Hench Mutant

As soon as the Shredder took out one of the cable wires on that platform I was like "Man, Total Dejavu (or however the shell you spell it)".

I guess Mikey has been paying attention to Master Splinter's fights. (Or he just made it up and it was a coinicadence (pardon the spelling).
Why the shell am I here? Cause it's 3:15 in the morning and what else am I gonna do?
Aneras713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:04 AM   #19
X
Stone Warrior

I think they meant to do that, what with Mikey having Shredder basically defeat himself, using Splinters method with the Water Tower.

-X-
Old 11-29-2008, 11:08 AM   #20
gobo
Wacky Action

^^ Seemed like an obvious throwback to me too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
When he shut down like that a question springs to mind, is he just a shell with a downloaded mind or is he now flesh and blood, I'd guess he's just like a robot pretty much if he shuts down and starts up like that via electricity.
That's my guess.