The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 08:49 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

New Episode Discussion: "Meet Casey Jones"

Well, Welcome back from that, what two days(?) of drome withdrawal....

I'm gonna start up a new topic for the new ep from this weekend (thanks for the name! ), and we'll go from there!
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 03-01-2003, 08:54 PM   #2
Cima
Thug

Ep was "Meet Casey Jones".
Old 03-01-2003, 08:58 PM   #3
Cima
Thug

Hahaha, my first locked thread.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:00 PM   #4
Shadow
Hench Mutant

So I was a little nervious when Raph grabbed the metel pipe and was about to hit mikey! Anyone else feel squimish? I loved the allusion to "field of dreams" I totally loved Mikey in the eppisode (which is saying a lot because I am such a Raph girl.)

I loved that it was "my father" and "my son" and the very end when leo was like, "he's your brother" that was great.

I also loved when raph kept making leo doing the split kick over again...great.

JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER!
Old 03-01-2003, 09:04 PM   #5
Eye of Sarnath
Mad Scientist

I loved it... the only thing I didn't like was that weird alien elevator thingy. I hope they explain that later on, it can't just BE there.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:04 PM   #6
Vroomkid
Foot Soldier

Just out of curiosity Machias...with me still being a newbie and all, can everyone lock a thread or how does this system work?

On related note for the ep. however, it was a great episode - not as much humour as the last one, but great interactions still (The part with Leo and Raph talking about the split-kicks is a little too repetitive though).

It's probably implied that somebody (or aliens like the utroms perhaps?) built the elevator connecting the sewer to the warehouse. But if the elevator as only one door for exiting and that door happens to be blocked by a concrete wall in the beginning...how do people get out once they're below ground level again?
Old 03-01-2003, 09:05 PM   #7
Eye of Sarnath
Mad Scientist

I don't think it was the Utroms... it just doesn't seem to be in their character, tp go around building elevators (based on what I know of them from the comics). But it probably was them... they're the only aliens.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:08 PM   #8
Vroomkid
Foot Soldier

Hmmm....well whoever did build it is probably living in the sewers right now I think, cause Mikey said something about seeing crystals in broken form when cleaning out the old pad.

Haven't read the original comics - heck, all I know about the Utroms is that they look like Krang or something (or am I wrong on that one too?) So if anyone won't mind, who exactly are the Utroms again?
Old 03-01-2003, 09:09 PM   #9
Shadow
Hench Mutant

I thought the split kick part was funny...because that is SO Raphael.

I think the elivator was done by the utroms...I believe its left over from something...and I'm very sure they explaine it later on...

OR It is possible that while the wherehouse was in use it was much more stylish...and thus needed a funky looking elevator...

BUTSince Mikey did talk about finding crystals like that all over...I bet its aliens. Donnie will just have to analyze the crystals. HA HA.

***starts to think about the old show and how every eppisode Donnie was analyzing something new.***
Old 03-01-2003, 09:11 PM   #10
Eye of Sarnath
Mad Scientist

I don't know, it just doesn't seem right to be, the Utroms building strange elevators and leaving them. But, as I said, they're the only aliens in the that I know of, so it was prolly them.

Wait just a darned minute... supposing it was the Triceratons? I forgot about them.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:11 PM   #11
Vroomkid
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
***starts to think about the old show and how every eppisode Donnie was analyzing something new.***
Haha, that is so true though now that you mention it. The old Don seems to be all over the place with his analysis.

Speaking of which, I find it pretty refreshing that for once it is Mikey who comes up with the battle armor truck design instead of Don...shows he ain't the only techo-geek in town
Old 03-01-2003, 09:12 PM   #12
Shadow
Hench Mutant

I guess we'll just have to wait and see!!! (like we would do otherwise.)
Old 03-01-2003, 09:13 PM   #13
Eye of Sarnath
Mad Scientist

But I don't wanna. I wanna know now!
Old 03-01-2003, 09:13 PM   #14
cqb101
Cinephile

I really liked the episode and it is my favorite yet! I would also like to know more about that weird glowing alienvator thingy.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:13 PM   #15
Vroomkid
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye of Sarnath
Wait just a darned minute... supposing it was the Triceratons? I forgot about them.
Oh boy, who are these Triceratons again?
Old 03-01-2003, 09:16 PM   #16
Eye of Sarnath
Mad Scientist

Aliens who look like... Triceratops! Yeah, I know, big surpirse.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:16 PM   #17
cqb101
Cinephile

Ooooooh Triceratons never thought of them as building that!
Old 03-01-2003, 09:18 PM   #18
Aztec General
Mad Scientist

Wow that was my favorite episode yet! This one was jam packed with violence, anger, and Raphael struggling to control himself. The battle scene at the end was the best of the series so far. The elevator is definetely intriguing, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:18 PM   #19
Eye of Sarnath
Mad Scientist

That part when Raph grabbed the pipe and flew at Mikey, that was quite a bit more violent than I expected...
Old 03-01-2003, 09:19 PM   #20
Shadow
Hench Mutant

I was actually surprised with the amount of violence. It doesn't bother me...just surprised.
Closed Thread