The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior

Sons of the Silent Age Episode Discussion

We never had a proper discussion of this episode here because at the time it aired, we were having problems with the main board. So we had the discussion over at the back up forums, but unfortunately I lost the link to that place years ago. Otherwise I'd look there for what I was searching for.

Something has been bugging me since I recently saw the episode again and that was the mention of this Norwaticogi (spelling?) or translated "Lake of the Lost Tribe." Is this a real place, do you think, or something that was made up for the episode?

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
ninjapizza
Foot Soldier

I can tell you that there is a David Bowie song called Sons Of The Silent Age. Possibly a reference? I actually haven't seen the episode yet, but the title stood out.

SLOTH CARTOON!: http://www.three-toes.com/ and/or http://www.youtube.com/zookeeper21
ninjapizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:49 AM   #3
Cipher
I can't even with this

This is the most painfully neutered of all the comic adaptations next to "City at War". But at least that one was understandable.

This one's just a bit of a mindf*ck, since it was written by Steve Murphy, who also did the original issue. Did he have a change of heart and forget how to write a poignant story? (Since he did the semi-tragic Tales #41 after this, I doubt it.) Was it a corporate mandate that the ending be changed? If so then how did "Dragon's Brew" and "I, Monster" get through immediately afterwords?

Whatever the case, it's a huge shame. The comic is one of the highlights of the entire TMNT fiction. This episode is kind of garbage.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:05 AM   #4
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
This is the most painfully neutered of all the comic adaptations next to "City at War". But at least that one was understandable.

This one's just a bit of a mindf*ck, since it was written by Steve Murphy, who also did the original issue. Did he have a change of heart and forget how to write a poignant story? (Since he did the semi-tragic Tales #41 after this, I doubt it.) Was it a corporate mandate that the ending be changed? If so then how did "Dragon's Brew" and "I, Monster" get through immediately afterwords?

Whatever the case, it's a huge shame. The comic is one of the highlights of the entire TMNT fiction. This episode is kind of garbage.
He may have opted to fill the episode with his environmental concerns.

As for the "Lake of the Lost Tribe", I can take a look in my myth and religion texts, but without proper spelling of the name, I can't promise anything.

I make terrible video games. Please buy them.
Ninjinister is online now   Reply With Quote