The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-24-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

An Image TMNT Vol. 3 conclusion? Maybe.

First, a "rough pencils" look at what Frank Fosco's cover for an issue of an Image TMNT conclusion.

And now the cover with his final inks:

And the final colored version with Sabacooza's colors:

Details as they become available. Going through many channels.

If this happens, Gary Carlson would write it (possibly with my aid, possibly without), Frank Fosco would illustrate it, and Courtland Brugger would color it (the covers). A.C. Farley is doing a two-page coda and Kevin Eastman is inking what may be a wraparound cover for it or possibly just some kick-ass promotional art.

#24 reviews here:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=33980

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 05-12-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
Roseangelo
Emperor

Can't help you with art (as in, you really, really don't want me to help), but I think it's awesome that this is moving forward and I look forward to what comes of everyone's efforts!!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #3
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Is this legal?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku_CJJ View Post
Is this legal?
It isn't being published or distributed. It's essentially the same if I made a faux X-Men comic and printed it on my printer and hung it on my mantle.

If someone wants to see what we come up with? There's no charge. This isn't for profit. I'm doing this out of pocket.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
DK2
Stone Warrior

This is cool. At least a script from Gary himself makes it really more authentic. But as a fan thing you won't/can't be selling it right? Or only charge for the costs of making it? I'd love to draw this but I too suck at backgrounds. Although if the backgrounds were a minimum or didn't need to look so good I might be able to draw it. But I've never even committed to drawing two comic books worth of pages. I always doodled alot in Junior & High school. My style on the turtles is roughly an Eastman & Laird style look. Maybe even early Jim Lawson. But I don't know about my time for this. Try to fit this in around work would be hard. If the timeframe was infinite and a thorough script in details, may be possible (I may need things explained to me). But I could be just too enthusiastic right now and babbling. Something I'll think about. You know what would cap this off if Frank Fosco could at least draw the covers at no fee. I'm assuming a fee could be why he's not involved or he's too busy. Which either way, is understandable.
Besides this, what happened to the TMNT fan art book from gogreenmachine.org? Its seems silent now after the TMNT/Nicko buyout. I wanted to put in art for this too.
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

I am going to send you drawings I made of the image turtles, tell me if theyre sufficient because Id love to do work on this project. I could do backgrounds too here & there. Either way this is a great concept & I hope all bodes well.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2 View Post
This is cool. At least a script from Gary himself makes it really more authentic.
Not a script from him. Just help, overseeing, advice, ideas.

Quote:
But as a fan thing you won't/can't be selling it right?
Right.

Quote:
Or only charge for the costs of making it?
Legally can't even charge for that. Strictly the raw shipping. This is a labor of love.

Quote:
You know what would cap this off if Frank Fosco could at least draw the covers at no fee.
I'm happy to pay him a nominal fee. I'm trying to track him down. If you know something I don't or want to play cyber sleuth, hey, let me know.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I am going to send you drawings I made of the image turtles, tell me if theyre sufficient because Id love to do work on this project.
Send'em over!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:32 PM   #9
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Is this legal?
people also need to understand the difference between what a right holder can do, and what they will do. I have been working with Disney lawyers long enough to tell you that a company will only take action when something is:

A) SEVERELY effecting the brand
B) Cutting into their profits (we are talking hundreds of thousands, not hundreds)
C) A product or method that they can take and make a profit with

In this case, the Image turtles is a sect of the TMNT that nick has no interest in (and probably no knowledge of). The product that Andrew would be producing is not for sale or trade, so he is not making any money, and not cutting into profit. Lastly, the content that Andrew dreamed up would legally be owned by him (not the characters, but the story, events, etc.) So while Nick could legally control the distribution of said product if they so chose, that could NOT take that product or the idea and sell it themselves without legal recourse from Andrew.

All this doesnt even take into consideration the INSANE amount of money and manpower it would cost them to take Andrew to court in the first place. So in the VERY VERY VERY worst case scenario, Nick would send Andrew a Cease and Desist order, at which point Andrew would simply stop manufacturing the book. No harm no foul.

99.99999% of the time the owner of an IP will not persue works of "fan fiction", which this would technically be considered, because not only is it costly, but it is also counterproductive as it serves only to tarnish their reputation in the eyes of the fanbase.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:33 PM   #10
Will not be censored

You really think 100 copies will be sufficient though? There's more of us than that.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 11-24-2009, 10:36 PM   #11
GreenWillow
Hench Mutant

Hrmmmm....
Old 11-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
You really think 100 copies will be sufficient though? There's more of us than that.
TMNT seems to only sell around 3000 copies these days... and that's with it appearing in comic stores and such. Factoring in there's only about 900 active members on the board, of those only about 60 actually posting, factoring in that only a small fraction of those even have even ever read the Image series and lastly factoring in that only a percentage of those that have read it actually like it and would be interested in reading a proper conclusion of it... I think 100 copies seems reasonable.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sounds interesting, I'd pick up a copy.

Maybe someone should do something similar with Murphy's ideas for the "Forever war" and get that done in a fan-made comic too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #14
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior

I don't think my art would be very good on it's own, but I'm a pretty good inker, and quite a good proofreader/continuity checker. By this I don't mean something is a problem because of issue 8 having that character die, but rather scene to scene errors (Why is the sword now in his left hand instead or right) and such. So if you need any help there, let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:09 PM   #15
Powder
So tired of this place

This is just a little something I just sketched up based off of image cover art. I think I could totally handle this project, sans coloring as it should only be done digitially IMO which is something I can't do. If you want a bigger version of the picture, let me know.

I kinda rushed it just get my foot in the thread so to speak... but give me the time I could whip up something really killer dude.

Last edited by Powder; 11-24-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #16
Will not be censored

Wow, that's actually pretty good.
Quote:

Old 11-24-2009, 11:28 PM   #17
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Maybe someone should do something similar with Murphy's ideas for the "Forever war" and get that done in a fan-made comic too.
Something similar is actually being worked on, although it won't be a full-fledged comic. Can't say too much else about it just yet, though.

Quote:

I kinda rushed it just get my foot in the thread so to speak... but give me the time I could whip up something really killer dude.
Definite potential here!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #18
GreenWillow
Hench Mutant

Oh wow... Powder your work looks very Image-y.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:14 AM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
This is just a little something I just sketched up based off of image cover art. I think I could totally handle this project, sans coloring as it should only be done digitially IMO which is something I can't do. If you want a bigger version of the picture, let me know.
That's fantastic!

And there wouldn't be any color (aside from covers). Just black and white art... which I'll give the duotones the Image series lacked.

Hypothetically, we're talking about 2 issues, 32 pages each, a total of 64 pages of art for this project. Is that something you'd be willing to commit to? Because if the answer is "maybe" or such, I'd rather not have you start and then drop off at some leaving me to find replacements.

I have to ask.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:20 AM   #20
Powder
So tired of this place

Well my dedication is given provided whoever else is involved does the same... My biggest question is how I am to format it. To get that comic look, ( I really just mean the boxes/panels) what do I do? Freehand them? Also, I hope someone else would be lettering lol.