The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior
 
papa_smurf73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 932
TMNT Sidekicks

I'm sure this is common knowledge, but I stumbled on a site a while back that has inspired me to start a collection of TMNT sidekicks, in addition to the turtles I already have haha. I thought I would share with you (or the listening ear out there in cyber space) the site I am referring to, and my progress so far with my little collection.

TURTLE POWER!!!!
- papa_smurf73




And because I can:
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:30 AM   #2
Topsu
Hench Mutant
 
Topsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 347
I always loved the sculpting of those, but I really wish they were painted. They would look so much better with proper paintjob.
Topsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior
 
papa_smurf73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsu View Post
I always loved the sculpting of those, but I really wish they were painted. They would look so much better with proper paintjob.
I totally agree. On the back of some of the cards these came in, they appear to be painted. If you scroll to the bottom of the link below you'll see what they look like painted. I think it's super sharp.

http://www.freewebs.com/toypedia/TMNTinfo.html
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I'm thinking of getting some of these and painting them. Hmmm you know as a Kid I never really paid that much attention to them. I wonder if I still have mine in my Turtle box in storage.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior
 
papa_smurf73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 932
Sweet! Please post pictures if you find some and actually paint them.
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Will do, though my storage unit is in Oregon so I'm going to be posting a thread in the buy/sell area and see if anyone has some they will be willing to part with
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #7
Loco
Mad Scientist
 
Loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: France - BZH
Posts: 1,132
That's a smurf collection of Sidekicks Papa! Awesome pics & thanks for the link of the site. I do found some Sidekicks inside my loose lots but not that many.. One day I came to a collector friend house , bobusmalus,and on his messy table I saw a little monkey strangly familiar but green instead of blue. it is the sidekick comin with sergent bananas ! how cool , assuming he do not even collect tmnt toys , he's more a tf fan, but he got that inside a loose lot as well cool and unsual surprise. I also repainted my Snake comin from Shell slamin Mike few months ago , I thought all green was pretty unfinished. he now have red bandana.
__________________
http://tmntfamilia.forumfamilly.net/
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Yo, this guy is off the chain, son!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgoose View Post
can I have an authograph?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Best. Thread. Ever.

https://www.facebook.com/loco.artz

Last edited by Loco; 02-01-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #8
andrewdsz
Stone Warrior
 
andrewdsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 952
U miss the Raven from farmer don brother~~~
andrewdsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #9
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior
 
papa_smurf73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdsz View Post
U miss the Raven from farmer don brother~~~
Ooo.. Can you send a picture of the Raven? I come into many loose collections, but I rarely find the Farmer Turtles... Would be a pleasant surprise to run into them.
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #10
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior
 
papa_smurf73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco View Post
That's a smurf collection of Sidekicks Papa! Awesome pics & thanks for the link of the site. I do found some Sidekicks inside my loose lots but not that many.. One day I came to a collector friend house , bobusmalus,and on his messy table I saw a little monkey strangly familiar but green instead of blue. it is the sidekick comin with sergent bananas ! how cool , assuming he do not even collect tmnt toys , he's more a tf fan, but he got that inside a loose lot as well cool and unsual surprise. I also repainted my Snake comin from Shell slamin Mike few months ago , I thought all green was pretty unfinished. he now have red bandana.
Thanks man. ... If you have a picture of your re-paint, post it. Would love to see it.
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #11
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior
 
papa_smurf73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabunga Carl View Post
Will do, though my storage unit is in Oregon so I'm going to be posting a thread in the buy/sell area and see if anyone has some they will be willing to part with
Sweet ... I hope to score another one of Thorny the Cactus Pal. I think he is my favorite so far... I want to paint him. haha
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:01 AM   #12
Loco
Mad Scientist
 
Loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: France - BZH
Posts: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_smurf73 View Post
If you have a picture of your re-paint, post it. Would love to see it.

This is not paint actually this is Posca
__________________
http://tmntfamilia.forumfamilly.net/
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Yo, this guy is off the chain, son!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgoose View Post
can I have an authograph?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Best. Thread. Ever.

https://www.facebook.com/loco.artz

Last edited by Loco; 02-02-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #13
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior
 
papa_smurf73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 932
That is flippin sweet! haha... Good work!
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #14
Zartan666
Mouser
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm new here and didn't want to start a new one. I've been restarting my turtles collection with the intent to paint all of the weapons and sidekicks. But I also want all of the sidekicks in my collection. I was wondering if someone could post a list of all the figures who come with one? Also does anyone remember the toy belt that was made for "catching" these little guys? I can't find it anywhere and I would love to have it again. It came with a fold out guide to all the sidekicks, I think they were called mini mutants back then. I remember staring at it all the time wishing I had all of them. I'm not sure they all got made actually. If any one still has that poster I would love to see it again.

Last edited by Zartan666; 02-29-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Zartan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #15
juxtapose519
Foot Soldier
 
juxtapose519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London, ON
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartan666 View Post
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm new here and didn't want to start a new one. I've been restarting my turtles collection with the intent to paint all of the weapons and sidekicks. But I also want all of the sidekicks in my collection. I was wondering if someone could post a list of all the figures who come with one? Also does anyone remember the toy belt that was made for "catching" these little guys? I can't find it anywhere and I would love to have it again. It came with a fold out guide to all the sidekicks, I think they were called mini mutants back then. I remember staring at it all the time wishing I had all of them. I'm not sure they all got made actually. If any one still has that poster I would love to see it again.
They're all in the Toypedia link that was posted previously:

http://www.freewebs.com/toypedia/TMNTmatrix.html

If you click on each image, it tells you what toy it came from.
__________________

Collection | Trade
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #16
RadicalPat
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 22
Always loved the little buddies. My favorite was Eyeball Joe, sadly I don't own it yet, I am still trying to get a hold of one
RadicalPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #17
Shogun26
Mad Scientist
 
Shogun26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: under my bed
Posts: 2,075
Just wanted to bump this up. This thread came in handy a few minutes ago for me, so thanks !
__________________
Ebay Store!!

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #18
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,644
The 2k3 Hamato Yoshi had a buddy figure too.
miru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:43 PM   #19
null
Mouser
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 11
Does anyone remember the Mini Mutant Id chart that came with Mike's sewer belt?
This had most of these 'sidekicks' plus ones I gather were never produced.
I'd love to see a scan of this chart. Does anyone still have it or know what i'm talking about.
It had drawings of all the 'sidekicks' and info about them.
null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #20
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,904
The Nick line is kinda starting to do these, too. Rat King comes with a rat and Kirby Bat with a bat.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.