The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What are they called?
Shredder Clones 21 87.50%
Shredder Elite 3 12.50%
Other (please explain) 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
ToTheNines
[sic]

The Shredder Worm Clones (a TMNTpedia disagreement)

http://tmnt.wikia.com/wiki/Shredder_Elite

So this guy and I are not exactly seeing eye to eye on this matter, and I'm pretty sure he's a member here so I figured I'd put up a poll. Keep in mind this is nothing like the last dispute I had (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=31144), since this guy is actually a major major contributor over there and does have a couple points.

Any ways, he says that the Shredder clones from RTNY are called "The Shredder Elite" even though they're never refered to as that in the comic or 4kids show. His reason for saying so is because Dan called them that in his synopsis on the Mirage website.

Normally I would get behind whatever the Berger-meister says, but I think he simply slipped up a mixed up the worm freaks and Shredder's Elite Foot Ninja. The turtles fight both groups early on in that issue, so it's totally understandable.

So, Mirage faithful, what is the "offical" name for the 3 Shredder freaks? (I'll probably e-mail Dan shortly too, see what he has to say).
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

think it's just Shredder Clones
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
ToTheNines
[sic]

I'd also like to add: I don't really care what each individual wants to call a character, I just want this wiki to be less confusing as possible for new fans and what not. Having these guys being called the "Shredder Elite" is pretty confusing when the "Foot Elite" are sometime's refered to as Shredder's Elite Ninja.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #4
DrSpengler
TMNT Entity guy

The Shredder's Elite Guard are the guys with the fancy hats.

The Shredder clones are just that; the Shredder clones.

Dunno where that guy's getting confused.

-Mark Pellegrini
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

This is what Dan wrote... "On the final double page spread we get our first look at Shredder's Elite Guard: three monstrously mutated ninja warriors decked out in Shredder's gear!"

http://mutantooze.org/tmntdb/comics/...ol1/20/20.html

-ms

***Edit - In book three Dan does refer to them as Shredder Elite but I believe he is still referring them as Shredder's Elite Guard...

"A battle erupts between the Shredder Elite and the Turtles. As things intensify, Raph decides that he can't afford to waste time fighting underlings and heads off to find the Shredder - much to Leo's chagrin, "We... must... stay together!""

http://mutantooze.org/tmntdb/comics/...ol1/21/21.html

Last edited by Master Splinter; 06-06-2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: add more info...
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #6
Venom
The Silly Symbiote!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Normally I would get behind whatever the Berger-meister says, but I think he simply slipped up ...
He his merely human and subject to mistakes. That's like him thinking Halloweiners was destroyed and all issues of Gutwallow were gone from Mirage, but I have the issues that arrived a couple weeks ago to prove otherwise.

This should probably be a question posited to Peter on his TMNT blog, Niner.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #7
Powder
Endless Screw

Everyone has always known them as the Shredder clones, or Shredder worm clones...
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #8
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
...That's like him thinking Halloweiners was destroyed...
In Dan's defense, that information came from Ryan Brown.
wilddiverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #9
Galactus
Mad Scientist

I'm not the guy from TMNTpedia but I'll go against the grain and say that Worm Clones is wrong. They're not supposed to be clones of the Shredder or clones in general.

Here's an entry in Peter Laird's blog where he shows his initial descriptions for about the "worm clones" and the Return To New York story.

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....ity%20at%20War

Quote:
Everyone has always known them as the Shredder clones, or Shredder worm clones...
Most people think that Big Ben is a clock tower in London but that doesn't change that Big Ben is the bell inside. Just because a lot of people believe in something doesn't make it true.

I'm not sure if Shredder Elite would be the right term for them but they are dressed like the Shredder so it's convenient name to differentiate them between the regular Foot Elite.

I like to think they're either fallen Elite which have been ressurected via the worm procedure or Elite who volunteer for the experiment.

Last edited by Galactus; 06-06-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #10
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I'm not sure if Shredder Elite would be the right term for them but they are dressed like the Shredder so it's convenient name to differentiate them between the regular Foot Elite.
You know what else is a convenient way to differentiate them between the regular Foot Elite? Give them a not-so-similar name.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #11
Ninjinister
無問題

That's you TTN? Why don't you have a username so I can tell you from some random joe blow on the internet?

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

I make video games. Please buy them.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #12
gobo
Wacky Action

You so crazy.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #13
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
That's you TTN? Why don't you have a username so I can tell you from some random joe blow on the internet?
Well I didn't exactly recognize you either lol. I do have one, but I forgot the password. I'm normally not that lazy, but I figured I might as well proceed in editing if I didn't need to log in.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #14
Coola Yagami
Emperor

So in other words... the correct term is Foot Elite? There was never a Shredder Elite? Even Tournament Fighters used that term.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:41 AM   #15
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Well I didn't exactly recognize you either lol. I do have one, but I forgot the password. I'm normally not that lazy, but I figured I might as well proceed in editing if I didn't need to log in.
To be honest dude, some parts of your argument seem to defy logic there and sound kind of... weird, I want to say? That led me to believe that the individual I was having words with could not be someone of your caliber. I'm not trying to pick on you or anything, trust me, but it's like... I was actually getting headaches trying to make sense of what you were saying.

Last edited by Ninjinister; 06-09-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #16
Sinister Shogun
Random Punk

I can't believe this is even a question...
Sinister Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #17
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
To be honest dude, some parts of your argument seem to defy logic there and sound kind of... weird, I want to say? That led me to believe that the individual I was having words with could not be someone of your caliber. I'm not trying to pick on you or anything, trust me, but it's like... I was actually getting headaches trying to make sense of what you were saying.
It's fine lol. Maybe you could tell me what's so confusing in particular and I'll make some sense of it for you.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #18
Ninjinister
無問題

Well like your point that just because the name wasn't mentioned in the comic itself was evidence of it not being their name... when nothing at all except "experiments" was mentioned in-comic for what they are. If we were to take that into effect, the article name would just be "Experiments".

I'm still having a hard time, as well, figuring out why "Shredder Elite" isn't acceptable. It's not like we don't already have two Hotheads, two Metalhead/Metal Heads, two Turtlebots, et cetera. Granted, neither of these are in the same medium, but two similarly named collectives shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #19
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Well like your point that just because the name wasn't mentioned in the comic itself was evidence of it not being their name... when nothing at all except "experiments" was mentioned in-comic for what they are. If we were to take that into effect, the article name would just be "Experiments".
You're right, but I still feel like Dan (or whoever) could have possibly mixed them up with Shredder's Elite Guard when writing the synopsis.

Quote:
I'm still having a hard time, as well, figuring out why "Shredder Elite" isn't acceptable. It's not like we don't already have two Hotheads, two Metalhead/Metal Heads, two Turtlebots, et cetera. Granted, neither of these are in the same medium, but two similarly named collectives shouldn't be too much of a stretch.
Right again. I've kinda let it go, it's not a big deal.

But while we're on the topic of this Wiki... what the hell is up with that dipsh*t giving the Turtles these weird last (or middle?) names? I already undid the edit but they had Hamato Leonardo Yoshi, Hamato Raphael Firenzi, Hamato Donatello Giovanni, and Hamato Michelangelo Jiaccobe.

Is there any chance this is something official and I haven't come across it yet? Or do we have another whack bag like the guy who couldn't read well because he played too much videogames and "accidentally" undid every edit I attempted?
Old 06-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #20
Xav
Foot Elite

The confusing part is that Dan also calls the Foot Elite the Shredder Elite on the Mirage website.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shredder worm clones