The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-19-2011, 12:35 AM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Classic ep talk: Shreeka's Revenge

This is one of the best episodes of Season 6. Shreeka is a new alien (although she is humanoid in appearance), who was Krang's ex-partner from Dimension X.

Krang apparently ditched her and stole her power ring from her, and Shreeka had been trying to track him down. This is one of the many elements of Krang's past as a warlord they should have touched upon more, and Shreeka being one of his old partner's in destruction was great.

I love how she borrows Bebop/Rocksteady, they're hilarious in this episode, and Shreeka's battle style against the Turtles rocked. I also love how they were building a new Channel 6 building in this ep, but the whole thing gets destroyed. The fact that April thinks the ring she got is from the Turtles, when it was really Shreeka's was funny.

Other fun tidbits from this ep is Vernon scheming as usual, Shredder trying to backstab Krang, Shreeka telling April her jumpsuit is out of style, and April's birthday.

Loved this ep and I wish Shreeka got a second appearance.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:34 AM   #2
Icebot
Foot Elite

This was a good episode. I wish the new Channel 6 building didn't blow up though. When the original one blew up in Get Shredder, that's when I really felt sorry for the Channel 6 crew and wished they still had the new building.

When April received the ring, I was surprised she didn't recognize the handwriting isn't the turtles' since they weren't the ones who gave April the ring.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Nice to see all these old Ep Talkback threads revived again.

Did Jennifer Darling do the voice for Shreeka?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #4
Icebot
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Did Jennifer Darling do the voice for Shreeka?
No, that was Eartha Kitt.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #5
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
No, that was Eartha Kitt.
Wow, that is a pretty high profile guest star for the show! Do you know if she was in any other episodes?

EDIT:
TMNTpedia is currently listing Shreeka's VA as Tress MacNeille, which would be more in line with the show's regular cast/recurring guests.
TV.com is listing Kitt.

View my sketch work!
Old 09-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #6
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Eartha Kitt's name is nowhere to be found in the "Guest Voices" credits for any season. I'm sure if she was actually voicing her name would be included since she was well-known. However, with all those errors of the OT, who knows (Phylicia Rashad for What's Michelangelo Good For? is also not listed in the credits as well).

But I actually felt that was one of the best episodes of that season, with all the main cast continuing their proven formula, and there is some good fighting on that unfinished Channel 6 building.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!

Last edited by pannoni1; 09-19-2011 at 03:36 PM.
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:16 AM   #7
Shawn_1978
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This is one of the best episodes of Season 6. Shreeka is a new alien (although she is humanoid in appearance), who was Krang's ex-partner from Dimension X.

Krang apparently ditched her and stole her power ring from her, and Shreeka had been trying to track him down. This is one of the many elements of Krang's past as a warlord they should have touched upon more, and Shreeka being one of his old partner's in destruction was great.

I love how she borrows Bebop/Rocksteady, they're hilarious in this episode, and Shreeka's battle style against the Turtles rocked. I also love how they were building a new Channel 6 building in this ep, but the whole thing gets destroyed. The fact that April thinks the ring she got is from the Turtles, when it was really Shreeka's was funny.

Other fun tidbits from this ep is Vernon scheming as usual, Shredder trying to backstab Krang, Shreeka telling April her jumpsuit is out of style, and April's birthday.

Loved this ep and I wish Shreeka got a second appearance.
That episode was really funny. My favorite part of it was how the TMNT introduced themselves to Shreeka when Bebop and Rocksteady saw them after Shreeka robbed the jewlery store.

Bebop: Uh oh! It's the Toitles!" (I know it's Turtles, but that's the way it sounds when he says it.)

Shreeka: Turtles? What turtles?

(Battle Theme begins)

Leonardo: The Teenage.
Raphael: Mutant
Donatello: Ninja
Michaelangelo: Turtles, Dudette!"

(TMNT flips through the air and lands in front of Shreeka and the Goons. Battle Music stops)

Best introduction ever!
Shawn_1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:17 PM   #8
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Some other amusing stuff I remember, Vernon trying to put his name on April's new office on the new location's blueprint then he fell in the cake in the closet, Burne actually being momentarily nice to April demanding her into her office and then surprising her for her birthday, and Rocksteady showing a bit of smarts telling Shreeka she shouldn't've caught the fiery stone Leonardo threw at her because of her ring, also when Shredder "saved" April then saying it was for the ring.
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #9
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexxx View Post
Rocksteady showing a bit of smarts telling Shreeka she shouldn't've caught the fiery stone Leonardo threw at her because of her ring,
It's always good to see those moments when Rocksteady and Bebop aren't complete idiots. And they always deliver those wise-guy lines with such a "no duh!" tone.

View my sketch work!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 08-30-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

The best lines from that ep is after water from the pier splashes on Shreeka's finger, (which she shoots beams from), she says:

Shreeka: My finger, it doesn't work when its wet!

Bebop: You know I have the same problem with my hands, that's why I never wash them.

LOL.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:35 PM   #11
LotusBlossom
Thug

The premise had a lot of potential (imo) ...

However, I think I would have much preferred Shreeka be some sort of scary she-creature type thing ... as opposed to just a rather cliche/generic/bland-looking humanoid (who inexplicably floats).

I mean, how could she and Krang have even slept together? (Which clearly they had.)
LotusBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:41 AM   #12
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Getting down to it, Shreeka seemed like she would've fit in well in the Archie comic universe as opposed to the OT series.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #13
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It would have been nice to see a follow up which had her team up with Beserko, both having beef with Krang and we get more of his backstory fleshed out in the process. It would have been interesting to see Shredder's response as well. Help the two scorned former allies fo Krang or have need of Krang so dispose of them himlself?

Shreeka's Revenge was also a forshadowing of Get Shredder. Krang's vengeful ex-partner shows up and Channel Six collapses.

Overall, it was a fun episode yet it seems odd that April would truly think the TMNT would send her a pricey ring as a gift. Casey Jones maybe if they ever got past the flirting/phone calls but aside from that out of character bit it was fun.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #14
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant

This was a really neat episode, the best one in a long while. It was a nice precedent for season 7 which got more emphatis on adventure i/o humor again.
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #15
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

There are so many blah or so-so episodes in this season like Polly Wanna Pizza, Nightmare In The Lair,Mr. Nice Guy,Too Hot To Handle, Super Irma, Slueth On The Loose, and Snake Alive( missed the opp. for Scale Tail here). The middle of the series seasons 4 through 6 I can understand Peter Laird's flustration,but only this timeframe.

Shreeka I believe would have made for a great second appearance and the plotline was laid out for the writers but it didn't happen. I suppose that is what fan-ficiton is for. Your right that it on the heels of my absolute favorite season of anything TMNT. That season is followed by my second favorite overall.

It was a great mix of action and humor.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #16
cammy85
Stone Warrior

This was the first S6 episode I got to see and it was pretty good, one of the best of the season. Why is it the episodes that also include a special guest villain/ess alongside or against Shredder are really good?

I agree with mikeandraph87 that S5 and S6 are inconsistent. When building my collection, I tended to avoid these seasons til later. There ARE good episodes in these seasons, just not many.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #17
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
This was the first S6 episode I got to see and it was pretty good, one of the best of the season. Why is it the episodes that also include a special guest villain/ess alongside or against Shredder are really good?

I agree with mikeandraph87 that S5 and S6 are inconsistent. When building my collection, I tended to avoid these seasons til later. There ARE good episodes in these seasons, just not many.
The only good non-Shredder/Krang episode in season six was the one with Slash. I say that mainly because I have unexplainable favoritism for his character while the plot itself was mediocre.

Speaking about villainesses only Shreeka and Tempestra standout except the oddly named Medusa that Dregg once hired. Its a shame that the TMNT don't have many female advesaries. I myself enjoyed seeing Shredder team up with another villain especailly Rat King. Multiple villains always make for great characterization and great plot opportunies and I think that is why we both like them so much.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:06 PM   #18
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

This was indeed a change of pace from what the former seasons have been like. Shreeka seemed to make that ring work fine despite having 'time drain it's power' and 'running on fumes' *said by Krang himself* before she destroyed it by holding a heated nail (or a bolt) in her hand.

I sorta felt sorry for April; I mean she got tricked into receiving an alien ring and thinking it was from The Turtles (although she would have noticed that something wasn't right if she only looked at the alien symbols on the ring box), lost her office slot on the new Channel Six building that was under construction *to Vernon*, losing her birthday cake *again to Vernon*, and later losing the entire -but still under construction- Channel Six building *to Shreeka*.

This would have been an interesting story that could have sealed a few plot holes of Krang' former life in Dimension X, and since both Krang and Shreeka are so arrogant it's no wonder that they were former partners in crime (and maybe outside of it too..) *shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusBlossom View Post
I mean, how could she and Krang have even slept together? (Which clearly they had.)
Krang looked a lot different before he got disembodied and banished from his home dimension. So, for that comment up above, just ... use your imagination.

~ John Adams

Last edited by DarkFell; 08-29-2014 at 08:14 PM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:35 AM   #19
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Wow, that is a pretty high profile guest star for the show! Do you know if she was in any other episodes?

EDIT:
TMNTpedia is currently listing Shreeka's VA as Tress MacNeille, which would be more in line with the show's regular cast/recurring guests.
TV.com is listing Kitt.
Yeah, I'm gonna totally necropost in here and say that Joan Gerber voiced Shreeka.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0823112/fullcredits/

~ John Adams

Last edited by DarkFell; 05-15-2015 at 02:51 PM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:30 PM   #20
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I watched this episode for the first time in decades a few years ago when I remembered the character Shreeka and checked to see which episode she was in. I think it was a great episode, one of the best episodes of the series.

As always, the batter between Shredder and Krang was entertaining to watch. I liked the Krang/Shreeka dialogue as well.

Bebop and Rocksteady were funny in this episode, too. I liked that they gave a few smart responses to Shreeka showing that they were smarter than they appeared to be at times.

I thought Shreeka was an interesting villain and it's disappointing that she only appeared in one episode. I liked her backstory with Krang that could've been elaborated on in a later episode.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, talkback