The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Lost Angeles: 35 Days with Kevin Eastman

Kevin Eastman (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Heavy Metal Magazine) is presenting an art show at the Meltdown Comics gallery in Los Angeles beginning November 30th. The show will feature art from Kevin and company spanning the last 35 years. I will have lots more information about the event in the coming days. But for now, mark your calendars. This show is going to be AWESOME. I am really proud of the work we are doing on it. Keep an eye on this space!

Full Press Release http://gogreenmachine.org/?p=4721

Kick-Off Mural: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0Days%20Mural/

Last edited by Archon_Turtle; 11-18-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
King Suck
Foot Soldier

Sounds awesome! I hope there are lots of photos posted and may a you tube video for those of us to far out to make it.
King Suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Suck View Post
Sounds awesome! I hope there are lots of photos posted and may a you tube video for those of us to far out to make it.
Not to worry. We are working on getting multiple media outlets to cover the event. There will be no shortage of coverage.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Sweet! I will be keeping an eye or two on this.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior

I was just at that store last week. Was soooo bummed that I couldn't stay to see this event. Looking forward to seeing the coverage.
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #6
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

hi, looks really promising to me, too!.-..archon do you know how long this will last?I might be able to come to america next year and would love to visit this exhibit....also a question on the side:whatever happened to the lost angeles comic book miniseries by kevin and simon that I have been seeing covers for in the past?did that ever see a release date??I haven't heard anything from it since back then...
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
hi, looks really promising to me, too!.-..archon do you know how long this will last?I might be able to come to america next year and would love to visit this exhibit....also a question on the side:whatever happened to the lost angeles comic book miniseries by kevin and simon that I have been seeing covers for in the past?did that ever see a release date??I haven't heard anything from it since back then...
It will run till January 4th 2012. And I'm not totally sure if that series ever saw publication. I know the art for it will be at the show though.

Last edited by Archon_Turtle; 11-14-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:57 AM   #8
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Here is some more information that I found just to share with you.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/11/...-and-december/

"From November 30th until January 4th, Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman will be running five different shows in Metldown Comics’ new gallery space at 7522 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles. And exhibiting himself.

This will include a new art exhibit opening on New Comics Day, every Wednesday from 6pm to 10pm.

Basically, expect Kevin Eastman to spend a lot of his time there. Probably signing copies of every Turtle thing ever. And working in a recreation of his own studio… which will then be sold.

On the 18th and 19th, Eastman and Mark Bode will recreate the cover of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 on a mural in the back of the store.

On November 30th, they open the TMNT Exhibit with 90 pages of original Kevin Eastman TMNT layout art for the new IDW series , the original eighties TMNT artwork, and many items from Eastman’s own collection, to launch the IDW Ultimate Collection Book One.

December 7th sees the Underwhere exhibit, with 50 original paintings for Underwhere adventure by Mark Martin and Kevin Eastman, with an exclusive copy of the graphic novel.

December 14th has the original art for Bisley and Eastman’s new comic, as well as the TV development materials.

December 21st sees the two showing off work for a film optoion by Bisley and Eastman, with a collector’s edition book released.

And then from December 29th, it’s an exhibit to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Heavy Metal Magazine, with a massive amount of material on display.

So, if you’re in the area, might be worth popping along sometime. And poking Mr Eastman, just to make sure he’s still real."

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #9
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

The extended Press Release can be found here:

http://gogreenmachine.org/?p=4721
Old 11-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #10
Venom
Space Knight

IDW really should get Mark to do a variant cover.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #11
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
IDW really should get Mark to do a variant cover.
Amen. He's said on facebook that he'd love to work on the turtles again, that he was real bummed when he no longer was.
All we need is for Kevin to put in a good word, no? I'd love to see him do something.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #12
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Amen. He's said on facebook that he'd love to work on the turtles again, that he was real bummed when he no longer was.
All we need is for Kevin to put in a good word, no? I'd love to see him do something.
I would like to think so! Hell, we're getting a whole issue by Ross Campbell so hopefully we'll get to see some oldies like mark return.

Man, where's Tales V.3?!?
Old 11-18-2011, 05:10 AM   #13
King Suck
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
The extended Press Release can be found here:

http://gogreenmachine.org/?p=4721
That event poster is bad ass!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #14
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Kick Off Mural by Kevin Eastman and Mark Bode.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0Days%20Mural/

I'm actually leaving right now to go watch this puppy get finished! More pics to come!
Old 11-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #15
King Suck
Foot Soldier

Ah man how awesome is that, its a rooftop mural. Looks like they chalked out the outline. Is that mural being done in spray paint?
Old 11-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #16
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Kick Off Mural by Kevin Eastman and Mark Bode.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0Days%20Mural/

I'm actually leaving right now to go watch this puppy get finished! More pics to come!
Man, that is sweet. It's great to see Kevin can still draw that cover pretty much as he originally did it.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:51 AM   #17
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

it is most likely spray paint from my point of view....graffiti masterpieces are always started with so called first lines...meaning sketched outlines for everything that you fill out and then outline once more with the color you see framing the letters or characters in the end.....it depends from writer to writer when he/she does things like highlights(the white lines I think you referred to as 'chalked in'), background(I think they did the background here first, then the turtles, then the finnishes like the houses and the clouds..) or shadows and so forth....
ah, okay having looked at more fotos now I see the connection with chalk....
man, this is absolutely great!!the tmnt have always been street connected you know, this takes it to such another level for me...I sure hope the mural won't disapear when lost angeles is finnished...
thanks for the fotos!!!

Last edited by marcelangelo; 11-19-2011 at 07:03 AM.
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #18
King Suck
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
it is most likely spray paint from my point of view....graffiti masterpieces are always started with so called first lines...meaning sketched outlines for everything that you fill out and then outline once more with the color you see framing the letters or characters in the end.....it depends from writer to writer when he/she does things like highlights(the white lines I think you referred to as 'chalked in'), background(I think they did the background here first, then the turtles, then the finnishes like the houses and the clouds..) or shadows and so forth....
ah, okay having looked at more fotos now I see the connection with chalk....
man, this is absolutely great!!the tmnt have always been street connected you know, this takes it to such another level for me...I sure hope the mural won't disapear when lost angeles is finnished...
thanks for the fotos!!!
Yes, yes im familiar with how graff murals are done. Im more interested in and was asking the specifics of the piece at hand rather then a entry level graffiti lesson.

I wasn't aware Kevin knew his way around a can. Curious if hes ever tried his hand with graff letters on a wall.

Archon,

Did you happen to notice if -

Was the whole thing done in spray paint or just the outline?
Was an air brush or paint brush used on any of the piece?
Did you happen to see the brand of spray paint being used?
Old 11-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #19
TMNT VAN
Random Punk

"35 days of Kevin Eastman"

On November 30,2011 from 6pm - 10pm
the opening of "35 days of Kevin Eastman"
Meltdown Comics
7255 Sunset Bl.
Los Angeles, Ca

My TMNT van will be on display at the event!

TMNT VAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:42 AM   #20
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things

That mural's lookin' pretty legit. Wish I could be there for the event, but the coverage should suffice.

How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote