The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #21
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

You didn't hear any of those things in the recording because people are only that negative about things on the internet.

It was an awesome night of fan service and a whole lot of fun to be with that many turtle junkies in one room.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:38 AM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Just remember who saved the multiverse.
Yep. Booster Gold.

Right?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:14 AM   #23
Powder
Salami Origami

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt4lfecw View Post
What Turtles Forever did to the OT was disgraceful, embarrasing and disgusting. I don't know where to begin with everything that they did wrong. They got nothing right about them, NOTHING. They slapped all of us fans right in the face with that garbage.
Anytime I see comments like this it's from a new member with few posts, or from someone who isn't a member at all.
Kinda makes one wonder how well you really know the turtles...

Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #24
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Prince of Crime View Post
They're all the rage, and come in a fancy "I only remember season 1" fashion.
Do you actually watch the OT? You make it sound they're that immature and have no sense of responsibility after season 1.

I see the flaws and I think it's justified when they're pointed out, but I'm willing to not let it bug me in the same way the 2K3 Turtles tried so hard to sell their "It's ninja time!" catchphrase late in the series. Some people from the internet just didn't. It's as simple as that.

We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)

Last edited by Avatar Yuffie; 03-03-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #25
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
Do you actually watch the OT? You make it sound they're that immature and have no sense of responsibility after season 1.

I see the flaws and I think it's justified when they're pointed out, but I'm willing to not let it bug me in the same way the 2K3 Turtles tried so hard to sell their "It's ninja time!" catchphrase late in the series. Some people from the internet just didn't. It's as simple as that.
Of course I watch the OT. I realize that the OT were slightly exaggerated (emphasis on slightly), but really, the only one that I feel was misrepresented was Leonardo (and at some point, I was thinking Donatello, too, until I remembered all that he actually did in Turtles Forever).

But truthfully, most people only remember the first season. And it was in the first season that they were ever the most serious, if you're not counting Red Sky.

I'm not going to deny that Phelous made a few good points, but those few good points were the backbone of his review, and he just kept bringing them up over and over and over again to try and make his review stack up. Not to mention that the majority of the positive stuff about the OT characters is glossed over in favor of making his points stand taller (the only exception to this that I can see is that he acknowledged 87 Splinter being accurate).

I already wrote up something a slight bit more in-depth about this in the Phelous thread, btw.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #26
Foot Soldier Clang
Hench Mutant

I enjoyed the Turtles Forever movie enough. I'm completely unfamiliar with the 2k3 turtles so I found them rather dull, while the OT turtles were all personality. They were written kind of out of character, by which I mean they were goofballs who never took anything serious; but we who watch the OT know that they were goofballs who knew when it was time to fight. The guys they got to do the voices were ok, but I thought Leo sounded like a game show host.

You could really tell that whoever wrote the script were only familiar with the first few episodes of the OT, and filled in the blanks with whatever memories they had of the show. They also played up the goofball personalities of the turtles to show how serious the 2k3 turtles were.

I still lose it when OT Mike says "It's time to bust out our baddest rides!" and you see the turtle blimp start to inflate.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #27
Stone Warrior

Quote:
But truthfully, most people only remember the first season. And it was in the first season that they were ever the most serious, if you're not counting Red Sky.
Seasons 2 and 7 would like a word with you.

We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Old 03-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #28
sdp
Rave Raptor

Season 1 nostalgia? whatever. I don't really even have that much nostalgia for the OT, for me the turtles as a kid was the videogames and the toys, I didn't get to watch the show that much. It really wasn't until the DVDs that I started watching, didn't think I was oging to like it but ended up loving the mood and charm the show had, now while the show was always goofy and got pretty goofy it never got to the levels that Turtles Forever did. Season 4 is considered the lowest point and the silliest and no episode no matter how wacky gets even close to their portrayal in TF. Now I get what they were going for, it was a 2k3 DTV and they wanted to show the contrast and they had to exaggerate but they went overboard and not only that but many times it was just disrespectful to the show, not to mention so inacurate at times that it doesn't even feel like they're teaming up with the OT and that was the point of the DTV. Heck they seem to act like more annoying versions of 2k3 Mikey than any OT personality. They wanted to show how cool the 2k3 turtles were but it doesn't work and in fact I think the movie will not age very well because of it as the 2k3 turtles will seem so cheesy in a few years in their portrayal in the dtv. I've tried many times but as much as I watch it I just can't get to feel that they're portrayed accurately, now I do appreciate this over nothing and some scenes did get some OT stuff right, but not enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The only bad scene was the OT Turtles crying. Everything else was accurate.
How can you say this and mean it?

PM me for an invite to the TechnoDrome Discord
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #29
Moonlight1102
Hench Mutant

Oh dear......
Old 03-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #30
Anima Gemini
Thug

Lightbulb From a Different Point of View

If you don't like the portrayal of the FW TMNT in Turtles Forever, then try looking at it like this: We are seeing the FW TMNT from the point of view of the 4Kids TMNT. The TMNT from the actual FW toon probably WOULD appear over the top and goofy to the 4Kids TMNT. Except for Mikey, who would probably think they are super cool, just like he does in the movie. After all, the 4Kids TMNT are the main characters of the movie, and the FW TMNT are the guest stars. Perhaps we are just seeing the FW TMNT through 4Kids colored glasses.
Anima Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #31
Stone Warrior

Still a shame. I have no doubt FWs Leo and Mikey would have fanboyed over the 2K3 Turtles (hey, he fell in love with Lotus when she tricked him and Mikey has a thing for "edgier" superheroes) with FW Raph rolling his eyes.

Missed moments.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:56 AM   #32
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

i personally loved the movie. the only thing they could have done to make it better was use the original voice actors
tmntgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:26 AM   #33
Powder
Salami Origami

...Which unfortunately was not without effort. Just couldn't be worked out. Damn shame. The voice actors did a pretty nice job, though.

Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:02 AM   #34
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
now while the show was always goofy and got pretty goofy it never got to the levels that Turtles Forever did.
So am I imagining that scene where Leo throws lipstick (that isn't his) at April's paintings (that aren't his) without permission, and calls it "target practice"? Or when Raph decides that he simply must take a bubble bath and doesn't know what "a capful" means? Or when Leo takes out his katana and slices somebody's table in half, unprovoked? Or when the turtles would breakdance in broad daylight for no damn reason? Did these not happen in the "more serious" Season 1? While one can make the argument that Forever didn't really replicate the original cartoon turtles' particular brand of silliness--a point I wouldn't particularly disagree with--it's much harder to argue that it took the silliness up to eleven--it's a difference in type, not degree.

The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Bad View Post
So am I imagining that scene where Leo throws lipstick (that isn't his) at April's paintings (that aren't his) without permission, and calls it "target practice"? Or when Raph decides that he simply must take a bubble bath and doesn't know what "a capful" means? Or when Leo takes out his katana and slices somebody's table in half, unprovoked? Or when the turtles would breakdance in broad daylight for no damn reason? Did these not happen in the "more serious" Season 1? While one can make the argument that Forever didn't really replicate the original cartoon turtles' particular brand of silliness--a point I wouldn't particularly disagree with--it's much harder to argue that it took the silliness up to eleven--it's a difference in type, not degree.
That's all from the Turtles first experience with humans. That's from episode 3, right?

Watch any of the other seasons.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #36
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yep. Booster Gold.

Right?
If you ask Stan, it was 90s cartoon Spider-Man.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I'm guessing the alcohol served at this adults-only event might have had something to do with the lack of outrage.
Alcohol can never, never hurt in the digestion of animated TMNT. In fact, it's absolutely required for me to even get through more than 2 or 3 episodes of the Fred Wolf series.

In the case of Turtles Forever, though, it wasn't necessary.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #38
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Alcohol can never, never hurt in the digestion of animated TMNT. In fact, it's absolutely required for me to even get through more than 2 or 3 episodes of the Fred Wolf series.

Ah well, it's probably a better alternative than taking drugs to remotley appreciate the mediocre comics. AMIRITE?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:17 AM   #39
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
If you ask Stan, it was 90s cartoon Spider-Man.
Touche'. Good call. I guess in an infinite Multiverse an infinite number of people could have saved it. But Booster Gold comes with Skeets and awesome disco collar.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:28 AM   #40
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Booster Gold comes with Skeets and awesome disco collar.
Skeets. Terrible name for a robot side kick.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote