The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: So... you like heavy metal? *awkward laugh*
The one that is called your mother wears the boots that are made for combat! 33 50.00%
Nice work; when we're done here, there's a marching band that needs a majorette. 12 18.18%
Face it guys, with this thing, I'm invincib-- *walks away to pick up remote* 6 9.09%
It sounds weird when he says it.... It sounds wierd when YOU say it... 15 22.73%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Official Episode Discussion: #6 "Metalhead"

Greetings, everyone!

Okay, we've got another episode coming up, this time a little more Donnie-centric...

Ah, another cross universe 'truth'... Donnie, the ninja with a 'stick'. He's lost more bo in every incarnation of the TMNT than any of the other turtles combined. Wooden bo don't exactly fare well against advanced laser weapons... I guess when you can use shower dowels from the local Home Depot for replacements, you don't have to worry about a budget.

In true gearhead fashion, he's used his ingenuity to create something to make his situation a little easier on the battlefield: A metallic ninja robot turtle, armed to the teeth with every kind of weapon or cannon imaginable. So while his brothers are getting tossed around like rag dolls by the Kraang, he can sit back in the safety of the shadows and play video games. A 'hands off' approach, if you will..

Well, as with any Donnie project, awry something must go... circuits short, targets lock onto brothers, lairs get half demolished. Robotic mercenaries go on a rampage...

How do you stop a reverse engineered robot that's hellbent on destruction? They'd better hope that robot doesn't start developing it's own artificial intelligence...

So,

Will Donatello's invention be the next great weapon in the turtle arsenal?
Or will it simply be another project doomed to failure?
And how could this fit into the major storyline involving the Kraang??

Stay Tuned!!!
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Alright, here's the thread a little early... but please don't spam it to death before the show....
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
RichardT1977
Mouser

Donnie said he'd be invincible. He's already doomed.
RichardT1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Let's find out which member of the creative staff the idiots run off this week!

Maybe something about Fred Wolf eating the script, vomiting it out and making the writer eat that.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I must be getting jaded in my old age, because that made me laugh.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #6
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Metalhead is shorter than the turtles.Just over three feet tall probably. I thought he would be a little taller in fact! How tall was he in comparison in his two '87 cartoon appearances?

Reverse enginered from a Kraang bot? That would explain how a Kraang alien could control it.

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
RichardT1977
Mouser

He said the I-word again.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

So far a pretty good episode, Metalhead looks to be pretty beefed up with tech, its too bad he's only half the size of the turtles, woulda liked to see him tower over the turtles. I dig that his shell is a NYC manhole cover.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #9
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Metalhead is shorter than the turtles.Just over three feet tall probably. I thought he would be a little taller in fact! How tall was he in comparison in his two '87 cartoon appearances?
If I remember right FW Metalhead was quite a bit taller than the FW Turtles, but hey, technology gets smaller, right?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #10
RichardT1977
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
If I remember right FW Metalhead was quite a bit taller than the FW Turtles, but hey, technology gets smaller, right?
Ha ha, true!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #11
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

I loved that episode! Kind of sad that Metalhead seems to be no more. Hopefully he'll come back some how. Did Mikey just kick Metalhead in the crouch?
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #12
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

I thought this ep was quite enjoyable. It was nice to see there wasnt another mutant but different threat. Nick is doing a great job... My saturday mornings feel complete again

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Two robot themed episodes in a row with good development for Don.

I'll post more thoughts later.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #14
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Good point with the sizw of tech!

I guess this is a good excuse to watch The Making Of Metalhead to check! Your probably right though. I was thinking Metalhead was between 5'6-6'0. Maybe he gave some fo his height to the towering Tragg would already 7'0.

I like how it was reversed. Don rewired Metalhead after Krang created him,but this time Don created him and one of The Kraang rewired Metalhead so to speak.

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #15
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

This was a very good episode! Not only did we get to see more of April, but Metalhead was pretty epic! My favorite line was this:

Don: "Hey Kraang! The one that's called your mother wears combat boots!"

Man I love Donnie in this new series!

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #16
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Donatello: "Booyakasha!"
Michelangelo: "He sounds so dumb when he says that."
Raphael: "You do, too!"

There was some nice action against the Kraang, and I find it funny when the disembodied brains pop out of the bodies like they're so desperate. We did get a warning about more mutants, and enjoyed the manner with regards to if its a good or bad thing, though that means the Dogpound/Fishface mutations look to be coming soon.

April finally shows what's she made out of by taking down a couple Kraang aliens. I wish they could show some of her normal life such as high school though.

A good episode, and I noticed that Leonardo and Raphael were playing a '70s-style hockey game in the lair. Given that in the OT episode where the action may not have been as great Metalhead was programmed to say more voices plus that episode involved Shredder (albeit alternate voiced). But this time the Turtles weren't sick with Chickenpox, so we get to see them fight Metalhead at full strength. I'd rank this episode ahead of Turtle Temper and His Name is Baxter Stockman and just below Rise of the Turtles and New Friend, Old Enemy.

Overall: 8/10

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!

Last edited by pannoni1; 10-27-2012 at 10:53 AM.
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #17
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

This is now my favorite episode so far, it was really great!
First of all, I loved that thy actually treated April like a character in this episode, I really like the new April a lot, it was awesome to see that she was brave enough to go out on her own and even gave a Kraang droid a beat down. It's also good to see that they are still looking for here father. Now about Metalhead, I think he is really awesome, but I'm confused, did the turtles keep him or did he just get destroyed? I hope they kept him because I would LOVE to see him in future episodes. Donnie was really funny in this episode too, I love him and April's little "relationship" XD. I'm also glad Mikey wasn't the center of attention this time, as the other turtles were funny in this episode. All in all, I really liked this episode, way better than the other ones, except maybe the premiere. Next saturday can't come fast enough!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #18
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Best episode ever!!!

BEST EPISODE EVER!!!

They did my favorite character justice. Metalhead is awesome in this Series!
The comedy was great, the action was epic and this has been my favourite Episode so far!

Its gonna be hard trying to top this, but I have a prediction that just like Chong 2.0, Metalhead will get an upgrade as well.

10/10 Amazing Episode.
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #19
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant

Best part was Donatello using Metalhead to stare at April.
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #20
NiNi
Hench Mutant

I thought this was a pretty good episode. A great one to show some character development for Donatello to say the least.

At first I thought the fact that Metalhead being shorter than the TMNT was awkward, but then I was kind of like "...does anyone else find that a bit precious?" Silly of me, I know.

Tags
episode discussion