The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

You are in given the chance to make Lego TMNT game, what would you do?

I would make it like Lego Batman 2. Free Roam. Based off the Nick version. Lots of characters to play as. The four turtles would have different attributes. Leo all arounder, Raph would be the strength character to move heavy objects, Donnie would be the brains to figure our the tech puzzles, and Mikey would be a littler faster than his brothers. My roster would be:

4 Turtles
Splinter
April
Shredder
Baxter
Kraang
Leatherhead
Dogpound
Fishface
Foot Soldier
Those characters would be the opening roster so to speak. With the villains being unlocked after beating them in a boss fight. I would then have secret hidden unlockable characters:
Rat King, Bebop, Rocksteady, Casey Jones, 87 Krang, Karai, Ray Fillet, Wingnut, Screwloose, Slash, Usagi, 87 Traag, Punk Frogs, Mondo Gecko, Zach the 5th Turtle (every Lego game has a lame character or two lol), Hamato Yoshi, Oraku Saki, Fugutoid, Triceraton.

I may have missed some characters but feel free to add to the list. It would be mix of the Nick toon, 87 toon, and IDW books. I did this since the Lego Batman series of games takes from different universes.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

I'd go a Turtles Forever kind of Route... I think it would be cool if we got to see the Turtles interact with all their different Multiverse counterparts. Plus you get to bring in some classic characters which would serve as great fan service. I don't expect Rocksteady or Bebop physical Legos but having the ability to fight against them in Lego Form would be cool. Plus it would be cool to see the Turtles represented in different ways.

Since that probably won't happen I think open world and having all of the 2k12 characters represented as playable would be great.
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
Donatello_ftw
Random Punk

I would be absolutely shocked if we don't get a TMNT Lego game sometime in 2013.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Not necessarily lego but I think a Tony Hawk Pro Skater but with TMNT would be pretty cool. Maybe allow bikes, skateboards, scooters, etc... I dunno I think it would be easy and fun to play.

-ms
Old 01-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #5
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I love LEGO Batman 2 and LEGO Lord of the Rings. I have both on PC and they are beautiful.

Shortly I will be getting the newest LEGO game, LEGO City: Undercover for Nintendo Wii U. While I can't say until I play it, it looks like the best LEGO game to-date.

Your ideas are all great except I would make it 100% Nick style. Some non-nick characters would probably be there as unlockables though, but they would be slightly "re-designed" where necessary to look Nick Style... well, that and, of course, they will be LEGO style :p

There will also be alternate costumes for many characters, for example Rat King can look like any of his iterations but the default will be Nick style.

If you haven't played LEGO Lord of the Rings, it is even more open world than LEGO Batman 2, you can walk around a big portion of middle earth. It's greatly shrunk in scale but it's still pretty big for a game environment.

So yeah, multiple weapons and special abilities for each minifig, open world NYC + sewer + Dimension X + ???. TMNT are Ninjas so there will be a lot of Ninja-y stealth gameplay elements to conceal your identity from the world.

There is a lot of potential so I hope they will make one. It depends a lot on the LEGO TMNT toy sales though... so go out and buy them!

By the way... you guys know they announced today that the next LEGO game will be LEGO Marvel universe right? It looks awesome!

Last edited by Zulithe; 01-08-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #6
gobo
Wacky Action

Somehow I doubt we'll see a full TMNT lego game, especially within the year. More likely a compendium of Nick's properties that have already been Legoed. I suppose it's possible that we'll see a full Lego TMNT: The Videogame, but if we do, expect Spongebob and Avatar characters to be unlockable.

A Turtles Forever scenario would be ideal IMO. Wouldn't be surprised to see some IDW characters thrown in.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #7
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

Abstain.

These new branded Lego games fly in the face of the creativity Lego is supposed to be about, and on top of that, Lego figures aren't designed to be agile martial artists.

No, scratch that. If I was given the chance to make it, I would make it stand out by being the first Lego game in a long, long time that actually lets you build stuff of your own invention, and gives how you designed it an effect on how it functions. Still, TMNT isn't really the franchise to take that to a large extent. Lego games should stand on their own, and the imaginative element to them should be enough to sell games.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #8
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Kinda doubt the games are gonna do the 'random different incarnation' type thing like the old TMNT games used to do. But I would love to see easter eggs in which some of the characters can look like past versions.

I would like to pick the Turtles and maybe Splinter and April, but we need to see them fight in the show. Yeah, I know Splinter had a face-off with Leatherhead, but I mean actually going out on one of their missions, and April has yet to throw a punch. Based on the show... I would love to see Leatherhead and Metalhead out on missions too, and hopefully April if she did some fighting by the time the game was released. And for the love of everything... MAKE IT 2-PLAYER.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #9
miru
Mad Scientist

Here's my take:

4-player

The roster:

The turtles
Splinter
April
Leatherhead
Metalhead
Shredder
Dogpound
Fishface
Baxter

Secret characters:
Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang, Foot Soldier, Alopex, Kraang, Snakeweed,
Ninjara, Mona, Venus, Traag, Karai, Fugitoid, Dregg, Ch'rell, Irma, Hun, Triceratron, Mondo Gecko, Slash, Punk Frogs, Vam Mi, Pizzaface, Muckman, Usagi Yojimbo, Sonic the Hedgehog, Savage Dragon, Flaming Carrot, Red Space Power Ranger, Cerebus, Rabbid, and Spongebob
miru is offline   Reply With Quote