The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: You're mailing your spit for a science project?
Don't do that! Don't do that! Highly Undesirable Outcome! 11 14.47%
Hey, look the Kraang are on Our side now... *sarcasm* 25 32.89%
No hug for Donnie... 8 10.53%
Ah, Sewerbunnies... 11 14.47%
You are so adorable. Stupid, but adorable.. 21 27.63%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Official Ep Discussion #15 "The Alien Agenda"

Alrighty.. looks like the info on these new eps are coming out faster than we can keep track of them.

So we finally see what kind of 'reject' April's going to be in high school. Because that's how it Always is... why else would she hang out in a sewer?

High School... the memories of weird cliques, hormonal spikes and crashes fit to drive one into manic terror, and strange science projects of making anything from soap from your own spit to stink bombs that ended up with you in Detention hall.

To April it's old news that's Really worn itself out - I have to wonder what her grades are, since she apparently NEVER has homework.

But just think... for four sheltered and home-schooled teenage boys who've only just Recently been allowed to the surface world - Man, what a Wonderland of experiences.

So, April is working on some sort of science project, according to what we've read so far. No doubt Donnie's making himself Ever so available... He's so darn cute in his crush, she could knock him down with a single breath at this point.

Well, it seems that April's doing something a lil sketchy from dealings with the Kraang. She's catching the attention of a certain scientist named Mrs. Campbell, played by the actress that portrayed the one and only Elvira. I guess we'll be seeing just how far the censors could go with that character design..

Mrs. Campbell apparently is a participating scientist from the World Wide Genome Project. (Human Genome Project, if you will). And, amazingly, the scientist "takes a particular interest in April O'Neil".

I've installed a mini-rant here, read at your own peril..
Spoiler:
Here's where a lil teeny part of me gets suspicious - then again, It may be nothing. If anyone here's watched Transformers: The Animated Series, you know how the main character girl Sari magically turned out to be a protoform engineered by her dad, and was part transformer herself.

I have a HUGE feeling that we're going to end up with a non-human April. Not a single character so far has been an actual Normal human. Not to mention her dad being a super brilliant scientist that the Kraang kidnapped to use themselves. I just have the worst hunch that April's going to turn out to be a partial mutant with super psychic powers and fighting abilities that NOBODY saw coming. Kinda like the Mirage April that turned out to be a drawing come to life....

So, somehow the boys are going to get some exposure to the strange environment of High School - I can't imagine Splinter being okay with this. He may have to bust out a lil rondori on their butts if he catches them.

SO

WILL APRIL'S SCIENCE PROJECT END UP WITH HER ON A PEDESTAL, OR IN A PETRI DISH?!
WILL THE TURTLES SURVIVE THEIR FIRST EXPOSURE TO HIGH SCHOOL?!
AND WILL WE GET THE PREVIEWS POSTED BEFORE THE FRIDAY NIGHT SHOWING?!

Stay Tuned!
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
Allio
Foot Elite

Leonardo episode
No Space Heroes

THE HELL! THIS AIN'T NINJA TURTLES!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

This was a great episode, and I loved the final fight with Leo and the new mutant. The animation in this show does seem to get better with each new episode. Also liked that we saw Fishface getting his legs. I'm interested in what lies Karai has been told by Shredder about Yoshi.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
snake
Noided

YES! This was amazing, the return of karai, FISHFACES LEGS and April being human, and most of all the foot and the kraang meet up for the first time! And last but not least, it wasn't a bad episode like we said it would be
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
snake
Noided

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
This was a great episode, and I loved the final fight with Leo and the new mutant. The animation in this show does seem to get better with each new episode. Also liked that we saw Fishface getting his legs. I'm interested in what lies Karai has been told by Shredder about Yoshi.
Justin
Old 02-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #6
snake
Noided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Leonardo episode
No Space Heroes

THE HELL! THIS AIN'T NINJA TURTLES!
Well, it's better to have no space heroes then a bad episode.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Very good episode that develops a lot of points, that I'd love to watch again! When I saw the Leo vs. Karai flashback at the beginning, I knew it would be good since it avoids waiting 5-10 episodes for another meeting, and picks right off from the last episode, since Leonardo mentions to Karai about the battle "last night". We also saw Baxter/Dogpound/Fishface again for the first time in several episodes, and the remark about Shredder telling Baxter that if he fails again, he won't be walking, suggesting a possible mutation ahead. But the biggest surprise was what seemed to be Madison Square Garden turn out to be more like a TCRI building, except that it was simply the WGP headquarters, and it was well planned in terms of what kind of mutant would pop up next, and it turns out to be an octopus, in which Michelangelo (the 4kids-style girly scream is even featured) calls it Justin. Ironically, the Turtles joked that the Kraang are helping them out. At the end of the episode, when Karai shows Shredder what a Kraang is typical of, it builds drama since it will mean that soon Shredder may use the Kraang at his advantage to capturing the Turtles. Also, while it seems that Leo may have conquered his love for Karai by saying that "it's so over", there is always that temptation that still exists that could be detrimental. I also enjoyed Raph's line of "after this is over, wait until you see how entertaining this is", which reminded me a bit of OT Raph's jokes. And a pizza omelet may be a bit too much for me, as it involves two meals stuffed with toppings!

Overall: 9/10

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #8
LH
Leatherhead

Awesome episode!! and as if it couldn't get any better, "It Came From the Depths" is playing now!

-April and her "Thank you Splinter!" line was great. It was pretty cool to see a Kraangless Kraangdroid.

-Great to see Karai again. That line Shredder said about "What he did to US"....

-Did anyone else notice the gator DNA in the lab was a very familiar pink?

-that scream from mikey!!

-Wow.. that new creature was sure twisted.. I wonder how that will turn out as a toy!

-It will be interesting to see how Karai's character develops over time. The crew were smart enough to give her a look of regret at the end, followed by a quick smirk.

I can't wait to see what happens next..
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #9
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Right up there as one of the best eps (which is becoming a trend, they are definitely keeping the writing and plot development strong), had some great fights, humor, even a new villain yet still lots of returning characters. Fantastic.

some of my highlights:
leo crushing on karai a lot more :p
leo vs karai -- the nth time rematch love it.
leo 'saving' his bros. hahahaha. so perfect. that's a guy for you.
raph vs karai YES!
"Justin" ahahahah.
Mikey's scream! Mikey's facebomb in that jumping shot. Mikey's on fire here!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #10
Turtle-X
Foot Soldier

good ep. i liked all the Karai character development. Shredder being so obsessed with his revenge to the point that he overlooks things like the Kraang just makes him look stupid.
Turtle-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #11
snake
Noided

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherhead (2012) View Post
awesome episode!! And as if it couldn't get any better, "it came from the depths" is playing now!

-april and her "thank you splinter!" line was great. It was pretty cool to see a kraangless kraangdroid.

-great to see karai again. That line splinter said about "what he did to us"....

-did anyone else notice the gator dna in the lab was a very familiar pink?

-it will be interesting to see how karai's character develops over time. The crew were smart enough to give her a look of regret at the end, followed by a quick smirk.

I can't wait to see what happens next..
yes, epic leatherhead forshadowing!
G
Old 02-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #12
snake
Noided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle-X View Post
good ep. i liked all the Karai character development. Shredder being so obsessed with his revenge to the point that he overlooks things like the Kraang just makes him look stupid.
Stupider then the OT?
Old 02-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #13
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

Aww. Leo was so cute in this episode. Seriously. And whoohoo Fishface got his legs! I liked the part about April's emergency text. 'Attacked by an old lady.' and that part when Mikey was wearing the lady's face as a mask. along with Raph's scream.
I liked this episode.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #14
Powder
Salami Origami

Yo this episode was amazing! Some of the best fight scenes yet, if not ever, and the animation was fluid as hell. Really wonderfully presented. Top notch humor as always, & I loved that it had some April focus. I honestly think Nicks April is my favorite of them all, I really like her. & it's fantastic Leonardo has finally been getting so much character development, I felt at first he fell a little flat and I was leaning towards liking Donny the best (for this series, not in general) but now that he's coming into his own he's got a lot of charm. Gotta love how he can go from adorable to badass to a total dork at a moments notice. That's the good 'ol well rounded Leo I know & love. Awesome to finally see Shredder & the gang finally connect with the Kraang, I'm very eager to see what comes of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
YES! This was amazing, the return of karai, FISHFACES LEGS and April being human, and most of all the foot and the kraang meet up for the first time! And last but not least, it wasn't a bad episode like we said it would be
Quote:
Justin
Quote:
Well, it's better to have no space heroes then a bad episode.
Quote:
yes, epic leatherhead forshadowing!
G
Quote:
Stupider then the OT?
See the button next to quote that says "multi"? Click that for each post you want to quote except for the last one, on which you'll click "quote". Then, your post will appear as mine does, with all of them grouped together. Bada bing!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #15
Ryanator008
Hench Mutant

I loved the joke when Donny said he "had an app for that" then Raph smashed the door. It was the highlight of the episode for me. Either that or naming the octopus Justin. I also liked what I think was a framerate boost. I think. Can anyone clarify that there was a framerate boost and by how much?
Old 02-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #16
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanator008 View Post
I loved the joke when Donny said he "had an app for that" then Raph smashed the door. It was the highlight of the episode for me. Either that or naming the octopus Justin. I also liked what I think was a framerate boost. I think. Can anyone clarify that there was a framerate boost and by how much?
not sure I understand... shouldn't it be the same framerate every episode? how can you tell? does it look 'smoother' or something?
Old 02-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #17
Ninjawolf
Thug

I love Karai she's amazing XD... I say if she wasn't a Foot Ninja I think her and Raph would be best friends they both love to snark at Leo lol...

I'm now 100%5 sure Karai is Miwa! why else would Shredder make her hate Hamato?
Ninjawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #18
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Yes Shredder made that comment about what Yoshi did to "US" which is a clear foreshadowing to me. Which is going to make Leo's crush on Karai kind of weird when they find out she is kiiiiiiinda related to them!

"Us" could be interpreted different ways but the most obvious is that she was around at the time Oroku and Yoshi had their last confrontation... and that can only mean one thing.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #19
snake
Noided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yo this episode was amazing! Some of the best fight scenes yet, if not ever, and the animation was fluid as hell. Really wonderfully presented. Top notch humor as always, & I loved that it had some April focus. I honestly think Nicks April is my favorite of them all, I really like her. & it's fantastic Leonardo has finally been getting so much character development, I felt at first he fell a little flat and I was leaning towards liking Donny the best (for this series, not in general) but now that he's coming into his own he's got a lot of charm. Gotta love how he can go from adorable to badass to a total dork at a moments notice. That's the good 'ol well rounded Leo I know & love. Awesome to finally see Shredder & the gang finally connect with the Kraang, I'm very eager to see what comes of that.

See the button next to quote that says "multi"? Click that for each post you want to quote except for the last one, on which you'll click "quote". Then, your post will appear as mine does, with all of them grouped together. Bada bing!
DOH, sorry I didn't know about the multi post button.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #20
Turtle-X
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Stupider then the OT?

good point.
Turtle-X is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, nick