The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-23-2013, 01:59 AM   #1
victory_angel
Foot Elite

If Ninja Turtles Fast Forward could be redone

I recently watched Ninja Turtles Fast Forward, and I found it interesting but at the same time lacking. And also somewhat hypocritical of itself.

For example they have moments where they tell Donatello that he's going to be one of the founders of O'Neil Tech, among other things that help benefit the world and man kind. And yet when we finally have one episode that could explain some of the things the turtles did to create that future. Splinter comes in and says that they shouldn't learn such things because it will effect the time stream.

First off they are already in the future...so doesn't that already effect the times stream.

And second of all, telling Donnie that he is going to be a instrumental figure in that future is okay. But letting the Turtles know how they created that future is not?

Okay okay, Donatello surpassing his brothers...that I can understand. But overshadowing them is a different can of worms.

And three, while I don't see the turtles actually getting married and having children the **traditional** way. I don't think they would pass on to the next world without leaving an heirs to carry on their legacy.

So I think to myself...what if this season could be rewritten? What if fans of the 2k3 series has to opportunity to revise the series the way they want.

Some of the changes i would have made are these:

Roles the other turtles and co would have in creating the future of 2105

Have the other turtles having their own influences in that future. We sort of see some influence with Mikey in the Clash of the Turtle Titans and how he was an inspiration to Silver Sentry's grandson.

Leo I can see being the one who organized and formed the peace keepers.

Mikey I can see becoming an actor or someone very influential in public media.

Raph unknown at this time...Possibly a guardian figure.

Splinter will also be an influential figure.

Things I would remove from the story

Triple-threat should be a one shot villain at best. There are annoying villains, there are dumb villains. But when it comes to villains who are both annoying and dumb Triple-threat takes the prize. The first time he shows up it's like "Okay?" Second time it's like "Seriously, this guy again?" and third time its "Oh you've gotta be kidding me!"

Eliminate Constable Biggles- Seriously this character is a walking stereotype.

Events that should occur

Since Cody was alone when the turtles meet him. Maybe Serling at one point mentions that Cody originally had several individuals as protectors (the heirs of the turtles) but Darius Dunn got rid of them because he felt they were a bad influence to Cody's well being.

Darius Dunn looks more into the history or O'Neil tech and realizes that if he eliminates Donatello from the time stream then O'Neil tech would never have existed.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:16 AM   #2
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior

Aside from overall improved execution and more diversity in characters--especially women, and I really think Cody should have been a girl--I think the thing I would have most appreciated would have been better world-building. Not necessarily dealing with stuff from previous seasons--I was fine with the series drawing a line and focusing almost entirely on all-new material--I wish that 2105 had actually been interesting, instead of just a new set.

I had no problem with the show making a distinction between knowing the broad strokes of the future and knowing the specific details. It's one thing to know that you'll somehow start a company at some unspecified moment in one's personal timeline. It's another thing entirely to know, for example, the specific details on how all your friends died, and knowing that you can do nothing about it. "The Journal" may not have made the best case for its stance, but it remains a perfectly sensible one.

Previous avatar artwork by Lorna-ka.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
ABrown
Banned

The only thing I would've done differently is have Darius Dunn get arrested in the final FF episode. I really would've liked to know what happened to him.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
victory_angel
Foot Elite

There was apparently going to be a second season of fast forward. But that was nixed due to low ratings.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

Keep the same animation as the first seasons, drop "It's Ninja Time," and get rid of Triple Threats episodes and replace them with Space Usagi.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
dkram230
Stone Warrior

Ideally if they had the opportunity to do it over again they just wouldn't do it! The series was getting stale and the ratings, which were never very high to begin with, were falling. They needed something to shake things up and wanted to bring in more of that younger audience who had shied away due to the heavy/dark tone of the show. So they brightened up the color while "dumbing" it down with shallow villains, bad comedy, and poor scripting. The show lost its spirit this season causing older fans such as myself to walk away. Yet it was too little too late to pull in those younger fans from a society who just didn't care anymore. Usually when a cartoon does a long term time travel gimmick like this that means its on the way out. So I stopped watching, embarrassed for what this once great series had become. As a result, I missed out on the Back to the Sewers season which, from what I understand, was one of the series' best. I watched Turtles Forever when it aired which is probably when I discovered it. But by then it was too late for me. CURSE YOU Fast Forward!!!!
dkram230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #7
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
There was apparently going to be a second season of fast forward.
This is true.

Quote:
But that was nixed due to low ratings.
This one (as far as I know) is not.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

They should have not written FF at all in the way that they did. Even though it actually grew on me over time, the show itself had so much promising potential with numerous unused and undeveloped characters. Instead of writing FF, Season 6 should have focused more on "bringing back" previously undertaken threats.

- The Rat King (I, Monster)
Rat King promises the "audience" that he will haunt the Turtles' for many days to come, because "everyone fears the monster"!
-Just one example of many potentially unused 'story-arcs'...

Season 6 could have easily revisited threats from The Rat King, while episode fillers could have included some closure for the stories that never got any resolution whatsoever.

-Dragon's Brew (J.Finn, T9581)
-The Darkness Within (Necro Monster)

These are only a couple examples of what I'm talking about. If you think about it, go through the episode guide, and you will find even more...
Old 07-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #9
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

If they HAD to re-do it, have it be more like Batman Beyond or Tron: Uprising. Otherwise, just leave it be and let it die out.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #10
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
There was apparently going to be a second season of fast forward. But that was nixed due to low ratings.
FF was originally only 13 episodes, but was extended with repeats until they added the "second" season. 13 more episodes were made to work with while including a couple episodic fillers in the season's chronology. Thus, FF ended up being 26 episodes lasting through 2 years of air time (2006- 2008 ). Because 26 episodes matches most of the other seasons in length, FF was considered to be 1 season altogether while 'BttS' (Season 7) fully intended on ending the show with only 13.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

FF had many great episodes, if you were to cut out the weaker ones and make the animation the same as the earlier seasons it would have been fine.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #12
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

have it a maximum of 5 episodes, maybe like turtles in space
Old 07-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #13
miru
Mad Scientist

Have April go to the future with the turtles.

Do another comic crossover, like Panda Khan.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #14
DVD
Mad Scientist

I don't think it would be redone.
I get the point of the post tho. So, if I were to have changed anything, it would be to have had Cody as a girl ( mirroring the April character ) thus keeping the dynamic within the characters the same.

That said, as this was my introduction to the 2K3 stuff, I liked it as it was. The opening was exciting and energetic, and I loved the vehicles .. I would have liked to see more vehicles, or more use of the steel wheel ( I got one a few months ago, and this is great ) !!
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #15
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Make it a 3-parter and leave it at that. It was uneccessary and a waste of time. Putting Serling in Back to the Sewers was a desperate attempt to show that Fast Forward still mattered.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #16
shell4brains
Thug

I might be one of the few, but I didn't mind FF. I liked the idea of bringing the turtles out of their normal setting, and putting them into something new and crazy. I don't remember much about the season story wise, other then the turtles go to the future and meet Casey and April's future descendant, so I guess that part wasn't very memorable. Some of the villians were pretty cool (Dark turtles? Sweet!), and the future looked pretty neat, though I wish we could've seen more of it. I do hope someone along the way decides it's worth revisiting, either in the IDW comics (a mini/spin off series?) or the Nick toon, cause personally, I think it's a concept worth delving into. You gotta admit, seeing how current events with the turtles might effect the future does sound pretty interesting.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #17
Vivi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Keep the same animation as the first seasons, drop "It's Ninja Time," and get rid of Triple Threats episodes and replace them with Space Usagi.
Holy seashells, I would have loved to have seen Space Usagi.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #18
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Why redo it? IMO, it was a very lame and stupid idea anyway...that was most likely only made to sell more toys.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:15 PM   #19
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Not so much a redo, but they really should have gone ahead with season 2.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #20
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

I'm with Jester, I think season two should have been done. It took it a little while to find its feet but it was not nearly as bad as people try to make it sound.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fast forward