The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: That things about as useless as a turtle in a trenchcoat!
So that explains "Another Trap"! 4 4.82%
Raph, Master Of The Pigeons. 17 20.48%
Our crazy has become normal! 9 10.84%
Go ninja go ninja go! 33 39.76%
Dat Ending 0_0 20 24.10%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
snake
Disgusting

Official Episode Discussion S2 #3 "Follow The Leader"

I figured I'd make this just because we don't have one yet.

What an episode! I loved everything about it. And it explained the "another trap" thing. Well, discuss away!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Just curious, is this allowed?
Old 11-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
snake
Disgusting

Not sure, but I guess I saved Machi some time by doing it myself.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Not sure, but I guess I saved Machi some time by doing it myself.
Well then 3 things.

1.) I hope she doesn't mind.

2.) For the sake of clarity, you might want to add season 2 I the title.

3.) Another solid episode as to be expected. Loved the refrences to the movies. 8.5/10. I do however, have three nitpicks about it.

- Why did the turtles carve "Lam-e-ardo" on Leo's sword? That seemed a bit mean-spirited.

- How did Leo's sword magically repair itself after it had been shattered by the foot robots?

- Why did it never occur to any of the turtles to use water on the robots?
Old 11-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #5
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
Well then 3 things.

1.) I hope she doesn't mind.

2.) For the sake of clarity, you might want to add season 2 I the title.

3.) Another solid episode as to be expected. Loved the refrences to the movies. 8.5/10. I do however, have three nitpicks about it.

- Why did the turtles carve "Lam-e-ardo" on Leo's sword? That seemed a bit mean-spirited.

- How did Leo's sword magically repair itself after it had been shattered by the foot robots?

- Why did it never occur to any of the turtles to use water on the robots?
-I guess it they wee just joking around
-No answer for that one
-No water in the area?
Old 11-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
bridgegrn
Foot Soldier

If someone designed robots ninjas that would succumb to water they'd deserve a shuriken in the eye.

Splinter told Leo so it's now a secret between the two. Should be interesting to see how the others find out.

I loved the little dig at how trenchcoats on a turtle is actually a useless disguise lol. The robotic foot are still around and look to be an even more serious threat. Can't wait to see how the boys manage to deal with them from now on.
bridgegrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

I loved this episode as well. Yep it definitely does explain the "another trap" thing from Squirrelanoids. So will Leo and Splinter keep the Karai thing between themselves or will they tell the other three turtles directly? I really wasn't expecting Splinter to reveal the truth so early in the season but I liked that he trusted Leo enough to tell him.

I had a question about the mutagen canister. Well someone else posed it earlier in another thread. Don said they now had 1 and a half. Is he referring to the half he nabbed in Mutation Situation? I've only seen that one twice and it's been a pretty busy couple weeks for me but I think I remember him grabbing half a canister after the first skirmish with Kirby. Do I have that right?

Loved the robotic foot and can't wait to see more battles. Wondering when we're going to see Stockman again. Someone pointed out that he's running his own business via billboard in another thread. I totally missed that so thanks, whoever you are.

That comment Shredder made about punishing his daughter for disobedience gave me chills. I can't help but wonder what that punishment consists of. Flashing back to that scene of him beating the mess out of Dogpound and wondering if he'd do the same to a kid. I'd say that's a safe bet. Don't much like thinking about that as I detest abusive family relationships. But yeah an all around great episode. Great to see Karai getting some solo time and looking forward to seeing more of how she handles things with Shredder away for a while.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

holy crap that ending!! *_* did not expect them to figure out SO SOON!

and Raph XD what is he Snow White!?
Old 11-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
LH
Leatherhead

Fun episode! It was cool seeing the foot soldiers get beat up like Kraangdroids. I also noticed the Stockman billboard with a mouser in the background... I'm curious how he was able to pull that off with Shredder. Also, it looks like we now know the source of Tang Shen's trading card art... Karai's torn picture! I wonder how Leo's going to adapt to the news...
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #10
bridgegrn
Foot Soldier

Yeah if Shredder finds out she disobeyed him by engaging the turtles he's gonna be rip ****. He definitely isn't one for empty threats. She's definitely gonna need to come up with something (or someone ) to get him to let that slide.

The Shredder is so psychotic that it makes me even more curious as to what he was like when he and Splinter were best friends. He obviously had good qualities considering how close he and Splinter were but he also obviously had a reputation considering people called him The Shredder. Hell, it could be the opposite. Maybe Shredder was good and became bad and Splinter was the bad boy who turned good. Splinter and Shredder are definitely changed men now because of their past. Battle hardened but to two different extremes. I definitely would like a flashback episode to fill in the blanks.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

IGN review up quick. 8.3 / 10

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...-leader-review
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #12
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I'm quite mixed about the episode. I really liked the conflict between Karai and Leo, but at the same time, I hated the ending. Master Splinter could of waited sooner if he wanted to tell Leo the truth.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #13
ZombieTurtle
Mouser

Leo will probably feel so awkward about all the flirting now.
ZombieTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #14
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

So far, this has been the best episode of S2. Just great all around.

"That trackers about as useless as a turtle in a trenchcoat!"

I'm surprised Splinter told Leo the truth...wasn't expecting it. Also, it was nice to see Raph comforting Donnie about April at the beginning. And Raph is obsessed with pigeons The Footbots were cool, I just wish they looked a little different to mix things up. Considering the turtles couldn't even defeat them, I assume they'll be back soon enough. They didn't even use all those crazy weapons we saw in the production art!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #15
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The only bad thing about the episode's ending is another example of the whole 'plot amnesia' the show suffers from. You don't go from Karai is my daughter to let's chase mutant squirrels. You just don't.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #16
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The only bad thing about the episode's ending is another example of the whole 'plot amnesia' the show suffers from. You don't go from Karai is my daughter to let's chase mutant squirrels. You just don't.
well technically they didn't XD

and it was just a halloween special specials sometimes have nothing to do with the overall plot :3
Old 11-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #17
bridgegrn
Foot Soldier

Lol, well they can't just throw it all out there in the beginning of the season. This brings up an even more interesting dynamic. Now it's implied that Leo, who is struggling to get his brothers to trust him and his judgment and leadership, is now withholding information from them.

Also I really find it fitting that Raph is so in tune with animals with him being a bit wild himself lol.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #18
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgegrn View Post
Also I really find it fitting that Raph is so in tune with animals with him being a bit wild himself lol.
but really! when did he have the time to train those birds! Mikey and Donnie are like "what the heck-!?" the whole time
Old 11-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #19
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Wow, what a shocking ending. Did not expect Splinter to reveal the secret so soon, Leo's going to have a heck of a hard time keeping this from the guys. I like how close Leo / Splinter are that they can share these things, could hurt his reputation as a leader though once the others find out. The episode is my favorite of the season so far, wonder how Leo will react around Karai now though? Will he try to save her now even more? I can already see how the others will find out, hey'll probably spill the beans while trying to sway Karai over, Donnie will likely be the first of the three to find out, he will put two and two together. Leo V.S Karai will continue the season I bet but for Leo it will be hard knowing this information and Karai trying to kill him left and right

Loved the Leo V.S Karai bits, those are always my favorite fights in the series. Enjoyed the episode a lot, though wish the others didn't write nasty comments on Leo's sword, hope he gets back at them for that
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #20
snake
Disgusting

Has anyone noticed that this forum has been sorta dead lately?