The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Who doesn't love Donnie's eye-batting??
They're lips don't even match what they're saying. I could never watch a show this bad...! 19 23.17%
There's still hope... 7 8.54%
Today I will teach you to enjoy falling down... 16 19.51%
GOONGALA!! 27 32.93%
It's some kind of granola-crunching hippie...! 13 15.85%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Official Episode Discussion: S2 #4 "Mutagen Man Unleashed"

Sorry about the technical difficulties last week... but now we can get back to our regularly scheduled program.

This season seems to be a big one for our dear Donatello. He has had his hands full since last season, but it doesn't seem like it's going to get any easier.

Donatello is plagued with guilt right now - Pulverizer, who was ever so eager to be a ninja (who looked up to the turtles as role models), took too big a risk and cost him his humanity - his life has been ruined by mutagen. Donatello had promised to keep him out of harms way... but he failed.

The turtles tried to stop the Kraang from delivering a shipment of mutagen to the Shredder. But in their cockiness, they unleashed a torrent of mutagen canisters upon the boroughs. Their foolish actions put the city in danger, and it cost Donatello the one loving soul whom meant more to him than anything...

His brothers tell him to relax and focus on collecting the canisters - April would calm down eventually... right? They don't know the pain that plagues his conscience.

So now Donatello struggles with his studies of the mutagen to find an antidote - a retro-mutagen. A way to make things right again... to stop the Kraang and cure their victims. To make April love him again.

If Donatello knew the new figure entering April's circle, who knows how desperate he could be to keep from losing his April permanently.

Will the wit and skill of a skull-faced hockey vigilante woo April back to her character's destiny portrayed in so many other reincarnations?
Will Donatello succeed in creating an antidote?
And what danger could it put his family into if it got into the wrong hands?

Stay Tuned!
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:00 AM   #2
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Okay, opening this up early, poll will be up later in the day...

Play nice and have fun!

~Machias
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:46 AM   #3
JH24
Hench Mutant

Looking forward to this episode. Not only because of Casey, but also because I'm curious what they're planning for Mutagen Man.

Haven't read the summaries or watched the preview, but I'm kinda hoping something good will come out of this episode for Timothy/Mutagen Man.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #4
Shark_Blade
Crushing on Casey Jones

Heck yes, Casey's finally here!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #5
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant

They're lips don't even match what they're saying I could never watch a show this bad...

Split Second later....
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #6
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

I don't know why, but this Casey reminds me of Xander Harris. Oh God, Donnie's now become a full blown stalker.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
Electric
Organized Lightning

So far I love it.....
Old 11-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #8
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
I don't know why, but this Casey reminds me of Xander Harris. Oh God, Donnie's now become a full blown stalker.
Who's Xander Harris?
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #9
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
Who's Xander Harris?
Watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer and you'll know.

Last edited by ObiWanFan4life; 11-09-2013 at 09:24 AM.
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #10
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
Watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer and you'll know.
Nah I'll pass.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #11
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant

Oh I can hear them hearts breaking now
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #12
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

That was an awesome episode. Mutagen Man was really cool. And Love Casey and the new toon they were watching.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #13
snake
Noided

Awesome episode. Clearly the best out of all we've seen in S2. I loved how the animation is improving, can't wait for next week!

Plus the new show is hilarious.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #14
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Well, on the bright side, I don't have to put up with Emo Donnie for the season.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #15
Guitar_Raph
Superhero musician

Josh Peck rocked voicing Casey! Also liked the Voltron references.

Mikey drums with nunchucks!

Last edited by Guitar_Raph; 11-09-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Guitar_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #16
snake
Noided

What's next weeks? Is it Target or Mikey Gets Shellacne?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #17
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Wow this may be my favorite of the season so far!
It was so creepy yet cool seeing Mutagen Man evolving through the episode!
He was growing more organs and what looked to be muscles in his arms and legs through the episode.
I really didn't care for Casey so far but he didn't get much screen time.
The humans on this show really suffer from lack of detail.
On the same note though I'm very glad we are seeing more people in the streets even a man driving a car.
I have to wonder if that cat that got hit with the mutagen is ok though.
I'm really glad Donatello has a heart and they didn't kill Tim.
They really need him I think to figure this all out.
Either that or capture a Kraang and force it to tell them how to reverse the mutagen.
I have to wonder though what in the world are Mutagen Mans arms and legs made from?
Oh btw the name Laird on the back of Mutagen Mans arms and legs made me really happy since he created the character, that was really sweet of them to do that.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #18
LH
Leatherhead

FANTASTIC episode! So much going on... April's still mad at the guys and even turned off her T-Phone! Poor Timothy's lost his mind and is the key to building the retro mutagen! An awesome debut for Casey Jones as well. Seems like he'll be a fun character this season. Can't wait to see him don his crime fighting mask and gear! I also really liked how they ended the episode...

"There's always hope"
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #19
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I gotta say, I thought it was really just O.K...not bad, but I guess I felt a little underwhelmed by it? We barley saw any of Casey, I think that's what disappointed me the most. Mutagen Man was cool and creepy, but I really didn't understand his motive. Wanting April to be his friend? What? Why not just stay with the turtles? I get that he was probably mad at them (even though his mutation was HIS fault) but still. Going after a girl he's never met (let alone when he was HUMAN, as a monster) and expecting her to be his friend? It just didn't make much sense to me...maybe he can't think straight because of all the mutagen? Oh well, lets get to the good.

Casey. Although we didn't really see him do much aside from things we already saw in previews/clips, he was still really cool. I can tell he's going to be a good character, I think we'll really see that once he meets the turtles. Aside from my complaints, Mutagen Man was cool...his voice was creepy (couldn't really understand some of it, but still) and the design is really cool. I liked how Donnie would talk to him in his lab, too bad we probably won't see that anymore. The turtles were great, especially Donnie. Even though I hope he accepts that he won't be with April eventually, you gotta admit, the scenes with him spying on April and Casey and talking to Tim about it were hilarious (She LOOKED at him!) and that face he made with the pink background was funny. The new show that Mikey was watching is pretty cool, not as annoying as Space Heroes was. Obviously a nod to Power Rangers. Splinter's lesson with Don was also very nice, and taught a pretty good lesson. I hope he doesn't forget about it though, like he did with his staff lesson in "Metalhead". And lastly, those shots of the turtles in the shadows against the moon were EPIC.

All in all, it was a decent episode. Not as good as the last one, but definitely not as bad as "Invasion of the Squirrelanoids". The next episode doesn't look like it'll have ANY redeeming qualities about it. This had Mutagen Man AND Casey, the next has Mikey getting acne...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #20
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Mutagen Man was cool and creepy, but I really didn't understand his motive. Wanting April to be his friend? What? Why not just stay with the turtles? I get that he was probably mad at them (even though his mutation was HIS fault) but still. Going after a girl he's never met (let alone when he was HUMAN, as a monster) and expecting her to be his friend? It just didn't make much sense to me...maybe he can't think straight because of all the mutagen? Oh well, lets get to the good.
Your Donatello fan and didn't notice what Don said?
It was because he was complaining to Tim about April and told him all of his thoughts and stuff.
Not to mention Don said that Tim was lonely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
The next episode doesn't look like it'll have ANY redeeming qualities about it. This had Mutagen Man AND Casey, the next has Mikey getting acne...
Yeah doesn't look very good to me either but the kids will probably like it.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote