The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
BlisterStockboy
Foot Soldier

Bootleg or foreign?

My Dad told me that he purchased this at some small store downtown, and he bought it because it looked pretty cool. It could be foreign, and it could be a bootleg.. Hell it could even be a Foreign bootleg for all I know. Anyways, check it out. It's pretty interesting :

It comes with Donatello, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Splinter (from 2007). They're wearing weird helmets (almost like bicycle helmets) and have shirts and sneakers on. There's no difference between the molds of any of the turtles, but Mikey is a different shade of green.

Here's the back :

It says, "The four lovely and brave turtles, educate them and teaches them high-strength kung fu master Splinter, is a Japanese big mouse, he knows the spirit of Bushido and Ninjitsu. Why would he from Japan to the United States of New York? Why does he know Bushido? Let us with the turtles together listen to his teaching, learning patience intrepid ninja technique."

If anyone has any information on this, that would be pretty cool.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
jbeeman85
Foot Soldier

I am just guessing but I'm going to go with them being foreign, mostly due to the wording of the paragraph.

Such excellent grammar on the back of that box. Remninds me of some of the old Nintendo games and the messages you get at the end, such as Ghostbusters 2 and Ghosts n Goblins. If you don't know what I am talking about with those, Google them, it's funny stuff (the Angry Video Game Nerd did something on those games as well).
jbeeman85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

It's Bootleg. The packaging clearly shows it by using Nick Turtles and fan art on it.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

How could anyone think an orange Splinter (2007) mixed with 4kids turtles in a box covered in Enrish, fan art, and non-toy-era turtles ISN'T bootleg as hell is beyond me.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
BlisterStockboy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
How could anyone think an orange Splinter (2007) mixed with 4kids turtles in a box covered in Enrish, fan art, and non-toy-era turtles ISN'T bootleg as hell is beyond me.
I know that it's bootleg, but it's also very foreign. I was just wondering if this was like a dollar store type thing, sort of like these foreign Mexican bootlegs which are sold at stores.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

Wouldn't be found at a dollar store in the US, that's for sure. & the majority of bootlegs are foreign, man. China & Argentina are some of the worst offenders.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #7
madyankees
Hench Mutant

Bootleg. I'm quite sure I've seen a variation of this when I was in China for holiday back in Oct
madyankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #8
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by madyankees View Post
Bootleg. I'm quite sure I've seen a variation of this when I was in China for holiday back in Oct
Not to mention it says "Made in China", its probably from there or elsewhere in Asia that doesn't speak English properly. There is no third party company logo on the package, which is the biggest giveaway of a bootleg. Also, nobody in America says "United States of New York", either the former or the later. I also hear that Ontario has a higher percentage of Chinese ancestry and is more tolerated than it is in the US outside of Chinatowns. LOL at the early '90s movie Turtles at the top of the package, including Leonardo. Playmates has NEVER released a compilation package with just three out of four Turtles!

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
LOL at the early '90s movie Turtles at the top of the package, including Leonardo. Playmates has NEVER released a compilation package with just three out of four Turtles!

Those aren't the movie turtles, that's just fan art. I would have thought someone who claims to be a huge TMNT fan would have spotted that.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #10
Zarana-X
Hench Mutant

Bootlegs, by nature are foreign. Primarily Chinese. Mexico used to be a good source, but it's mostly China, now.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:27 AM   #11
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

That fan art is ripped from Stjepan Sejic.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote