The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Well... who didn't see THAT coming?
Derp Derp! 20 22.22%
Kraang, does this human suit make Kraang look fat? 13 14.44%
It's a Kraang sweet sixtteen Birthday Party! 36 40.00%
Who else loved Kirby's giant red 'fro? 11 12.22%
Countdown to Kurtzman's mutation in 3.....2...... 10 11.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Official Episode Discussion: S2 #9 "The Kraang Conspiracy"

Okay, so the episodes are being shown out of order. Again....

This week, it looks like April's been getting a case of sewer/cabin fever, and is ready to explore the city at night Ninja Style.

It's probably going to take some serious convincing, considering Master Splinter wouldn't let the boys take one step out of the sewers until they were fifteen. April may not be Splinter's daughter, but that doesn't mean he's not going to let his overprotective side kick in high gear.

So, probably with the help and promise from the boys to keep an eye on her, April finally gets to have a taste of a real rooftop run. Not exactly the easy 'fun' training that the boys insist it is. But she'll survive..

Now we finally have the opportunity to see April and her little mind-reading/psychic radar thing in action. We've seen her tweak out when the Foot entered the lair last week, and we've also seen her communicating with the Kraang through Donatello's unusual glowing orb. This week, we should be getting another hint at April's past. is she part Kraang? Maybe... Could she be a test-tube hybrid crystal baby a la Mirage vol. 4? Anything's possible.

Hopefully we'll actually get some of our little plot holes taken care of, not to mention some items that haven't been touched upon in WEEKS... We still don't know about Leo's reaction to Karai being Splinter's daughter, we haven't seen April's Bat-Daddy in months, and now she's hearing more and more weird stuff.

I am seriously not used to this being on Sundays... but we'll be open!

Stay tuned!
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I thought it was a good episode, Plenty of action and, We all saw it coming when it was revealed that.
Spoiler:
April is Half Human/Half Alien.

It was cool seeing April being in on the action, Even if she tried to keep up with them.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #3
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

I am so sorry, everyone... we had a bit of a snafu here, and I wasn't able to get on... I'll clean up the threads and get it organized.
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
Ursalink
Foot Soldier

Detailed info, please. I'm mainly interested in April Derp.
Ursalink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #5
fridaynightdestination
Banned

I thought the episode was awesome! Them sneaking through the Kraang HQ and fighting the giant April clone. Good stuff. I liked it more than last weeks episode.
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #6
bigk4062
Thug

I thought it was kinda boring myself... even though they finally explained why Aprils so important to the Kraang... I can't believe they kidnapped her mom thats kinda freaky!!! And if shes only half human does what does that mean about her parents? Are they both human or only Kirby?
bigk4062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #7
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
I am so sorry, everyone... we had a bit of a snafu here, and I wasn't able to get on... I'll clean up the threads and get it organized.
I guess next time unlock it midnight Saturday night, or let someone else do it? Although, honestly, we can just wait.

Is it Kurtzen or Kurtzman? I hate to write the blog post spelling it wrong.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #8
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I guess next time unlock it midnight Saturday night, or let someone else do it? Although, honestly, we can just wait.

Is it Kurtzen or Kurtzman? I hate to write the blog post spelling it wrong.
its Kurtzman.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #9
Papenbrook
❍ Omigosh ❍

I hated this episode.

I'm sorry, but the humor was shown WAY too much in this episode. I swear, the humor is getting stupider and stupider...
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #10
pannoni1
Foot Elite

I feel that this is one episode that's difficult to judge at this moment based upon what was revealed, given that April being not fully human has been unknown until today. April's mom looked like a nice human blonde that looked pretty human, but I feel that Kirby likely made a crucial mistake shortly before pregnancy that lead to some Dimension X DNA in April's body. It's probably a miniscule amount that only leads to minor changes, but enough to show that this April is unlike any other seen. That said, there was some good OT-inspired April in terms of the "wait for me, I'm not missing out on this action" along with another DID moment. That said, there was a lot of great humor, from the April clone laughing in that dark room to all of the April clones freed to of course April Dirt. It felt a bit too over the top in its presenting, but there was still some decent battle action, and Kurtzman driving the commercial van was pretty cool, preceded by the famous escape cry "Let's make Turtle Tracks!" There was a cool Raph moment during the battle too.

Overall: 7/10

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:30 AM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Rather dull episode, but I really liked Kurtzman from what we saw of him. April derp was also nice but it got less than 5 minutes if screentime.

Other than April's origin this was just a run of the mill Kraang episode.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #12
Vicky82
Emperor

Didn't think the episode was all that good and was wierd but had some good moments in it.

Finally finding out about April and her Physic powers so she's half human half alien Kraang mutant.
April's Mum was kidnapped and expermented on before April was born, wow! that's kind of dark for a kids show but still don't no what happened to April's Mum though (I'm wondering she walked out on her family)
Raph protecting Mikey and saving April but annoyed me that Donny wanted to save her and April didn't like that it was Raph come to save her, selfish or what.
The Turtles and April in the Eelevator with the awkward music
Donny being sassy

Some bad moments

I like Mikey but he was insensitive when he said welcome to the family at the end.
April was being selfish and ignoring Leo when he asked her to stay behind, it was clear she wasn't ready for a mission yet.
So many April clones and April Derp was OTT
Vicky82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

This episode was just too routine. It was the same exact Kraang stuff we've seen a million times before and Kurtzman was very underused.

I don't get why they brought TCRI back. How many times do we need to see the Turtles infiltrate the same place?
Old 02-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #14
Bishop123
Banned

Not really sure how I feel about this episode right now. I'm still sort of scratching my head over the reveal, and some parts felt really slow to me. Kurtzman was cool, but he just sort of disappeared midway into the episode until the end. Maybe I'll have to re-watch this one to get a better opinion, but right now I can't help but feel a little disappointed.
Bishop123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #15
fridaynightdestination
Banned

Wow. I think I'm the only one who liked it
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

It was the rehashed Kraang scenes and lack of screentime for Kurtzman and April derp.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #17
JTH
"ME"

It answered the questions we wanted, but everything else lagged a bit, and as I stated in the other thread, I was bummed with the ending. Saw it coming, but didn't really want it to be that way.

Plus it definitely explains why Donnie was completely out of it in Good, Bad, Casey. Everybody took shots at him in this episode, plus I'm sure they're going to be make him just as upset about the news as April.

I'm just waiting for the episode where Donnie and Casey will have to work together now, without him now trying to blow April's secret.

Overall, It's not a Top 5 episode to me, I have it 6 out of the 9.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:36 AM   #18
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Didn't think the episode was all that good and was wierd but had some good moments in it.

Finally finding out about April and her Physic powers so she's half human half alien Kraang mutant.
April's Mum was kidnapped and expermented on before April was born, wow! that's kind of dark for a kids show but still don't no what happened to April's Mum though (I'm wondering she walked out on her family)
Raph protecting Mikey and saving April but annoyed me that Donny wanted to save her and April didn't like that it was Raph come to save her, selfish or what.
The Turtles and April in the Eelevator with the awkward music
Donny being sassy

Some bad moments

I like Mikey but he was insensitive when he said welcome to the family at the end.
April was being selfish and ignoring Leo when he asked her to stay behind, it was clear she wasn't ready for a mission yet.
So many April clones and April Derp was OTT
The part with Donnie was her being upset with herself for not being as experienced as they are and always needing help.

The part with Raph was, IMO, the fact that Raph keep razzing her for being useless and slowing them down throughout the episode... and here he is, rescuing her, further proving that she is useless and needed to be rescued.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #19
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Too soon Mikey. Too soon
Were not unicorns!
WERE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #20
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It was the rehashed Kraang scenes and lack of screentime for Kurtzman and April derp.
Less April Derp the better. And there really wasn't much Kurtzman can do. If he went with them on the mission, he would gotten in the way.

Tags
april, april derp, april o'neil, ciro returns, episode discussion, kraang, nick, ninja turtles, tmnt