The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 03-21-2014, 01:13 AM   #1
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Bebop&Rocksteady placement in SNES Turtles in Time

I always thought Bebop and Rocksteady should have been the bosses for "Technodrome: Let's Kick Shell", would have made more sense. That way they could have left Tokka and Rhazar where they originally were in "Skull&Krossbones". Also I would rather have seen Bebop&Rocksteady in their regular outfits from the show instead of the pirate outfits. What do you think?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:15 AM   #2
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I actually thought the pirate garb was a nice touch...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Pirate Rocksteady and Bebop are perfect just the way they are. Having routinely been among among the first 2-3 level bosses in previous games, it was refreshing to fight them so late in the story and to see their new "skills" with weapons.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

I love the way they get mad and seemingly hit each other at the end of the boss fight and thus KOing themselves. Its something I could have seen happening in the show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:18 PM   #5
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

I thought their part worked in the whole time hoping theme.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #6
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I thought it was something that if such a plot occured Bebop and Rocksteady would for sure do. I can see them playing pirates and defeating themselves by crashing into each other after being worn out by the turtles. I only wish Slash and them were in Turtles In Time Arcade version. With no Rat King,Slash, Bebop, and Rocksteady in the Turtles in Time Game and Metalhead instead of Chorome Dome it goes from excellent to almost meh.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:29 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Konami chose the best villains for the SNES version. The only one missing was General Traag but at least the Rock Soldiers were there. Chrome Dome would have been nice too I guess but since we got him in Tournament Fighters I didn't mind much.

It's kind of funny actually, almost every major notable TMNT villain from the cartoon was in that game.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:45 PM   #8
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Metalhead instead of Chorome Dome
Wha? I thought both versions had Metalhead...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:11 AM   #9
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
Also I would rather have seen Bebop&Rocksteady in their regular outfits from the show instead of the pirate outfits. What do you think?
The first TMNT Arcade has the same gfx and gameplay style, and there are Rocksteady & Bebop in their original outfits. (Rocksteady is also in Hyperstone Heist.) I guess they didn't wanted to use them again the same way, and decided to refresh it.
I think it was kinda cool.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:42 AM   #10
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Wha? I thought both versions had Metalhead...
I was just stating my confusion and disinterest in fighting one I considered an ally instead of Chrome Dome,who makes much more sense in that boss fight is all.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:07 PM   #11
DonatelloDomeHead31
Stone Warrior

Bebop and Rocksteady don't make an appearance in the Arcade game, do they? When you're on the pirate ship in the Arcade game, you end up facing Tokka and Rahzar on the ship (while it's raining).

You only go to the technodrome once in the Arcade game & it's to fight Shredder.

Also, in speaking about enemies, Cement Man Vs. Slash--Could Slash had been the enemy in the Arcade game instead of Cement Man?

Donatello: Pork rind.
Donatello: Yeah, a few inquiries.
Donatello: Turtles don't migrate, Raph. Birds do!
Donatello: Have you seen the way this guy drives?
Donatello: 0.00000003%!
Donatello: I don't know, but it doesn't look good...
DonatelloDomeHead31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:03 AM   #12
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Yeah I'm glad that Bebop&Rocksteady were added to the SNES version to begin with, and it was cool to see them dressed up as pirates, but I just thought having them in the Technodrome would have made more sense because it's the newly added level in the game and they are newly added bosses, and also because Tokka&Rhazar seemed out of place in the Technodrome.

But yeah the SNES version definitely had a better boss variety, adding the Rat King into "Sewer Surfin" worked perfectly. And it was much cooler seeing Slash in the game instead of Cement Man. But I kinda like the arcade version better overall because of the graphics and sound quality.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:15 AM   #13
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Yeah I'm glad that Bebop&Rocksteady were added to the SNES version to begin with, and it was cool to see them dressed up as pirates, but I just thought having them in the Technodrome would have made more sense because it's the newly added level in the game and they are newly added bosses, and also because Tokka&Rhazar seemed out of place in the Technodrome.
I disagree. Tokka and Rahzar felt out of place either way. At least Bebop and Rocksteady had pirate outfits.

Quote:
But yeah the SNES version definitely had a better boss variety, adding the Rat King into "Sewer Surfin" worked perfectly. And it was much cooler seeing Slash in the game instead of Cement Man. But I kinda like the arcade version better overall because of the graphics and sound quality.
I agree about Slash and Rat King, but the little things I really like more in the Arcade version over the SNES port are 4 players, graphics and Shredder. Everything Else I feel the SNES improved upon.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:42 AM   #14
Longview01
Foot Soldier

I love them as pirates, I could totally see them getting into it in the cartoon
Longview01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:52 AM   #15
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
I disagree. Tokka and Rahzar felt out of place either way. At least Bebop and Rocksteady had pirate outfits.
I agree with this. Tokka and Rahzar were out of place with the game as it was heavily leaning on the cartoon, those two only showed up in the OT in the 1993 season, a full year after Turtles in Time was released. Even to me as a kid back then, I saw it as a stunt to include the second movie villains to give the Turtles in Time game some added momentum. Personally, I never had a strong fondness over Tokka and Rahzar (with their movie depictions) as compared to how the rest of the TMNT fandom does, since they were more or less generic, dumb mutants; at least with Bebop and Rocksteady there was clever humor mixed into their personalities. The OT versions of Tokka and Rahzar do provide an interesting possibility to expand their characters (and even their friendship), but they were just secondary villains that were brushed aside in the overall "Dirk Savage: Mutant Hunter" plot.

As for Bebop and Rocksteady wearing the pirate costumes, it seemed in line with their personalities.

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 05-03-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #16
pannoni1
Foot Elite

I've been playing this game this weekend and have beaten the easy mode. That said, the bosses in this game are generally well placed. Leatherhead could have been the Pirate level boss (remember Dr. Hook), and most thought that Bebop & Rocksteady could have been placed in Alleycat Blues, which is what I thought who was going to show up when I first saw the game. Metalhead may have been a better boss on the Neon Night Riders level due to it being robotic and fitting the "near future". One thing I noticed (and even makes me feel a little old) is how the future is creeping up on us: We're now closer to the plot of Neon Night Riders than we are to the fourth Turtles movie.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!

Last edited by pannoni1; 05-03-2014 at 04:32 PM.
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:07 PM   #17
Nameless
Mad Scientist

i really like it the way it is... i remember seeing the shadow outline of them at the beginning of the level and having no idea who they were.... was a great surprise...... i really like them in their pirate garb.

My Collection:http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...09#post1103509
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:30 AM   #18
KirkyMonster
Foot Soldier

I personally wanted to see Bebop and Rocksteady in their normal clothes since this was the only time we get to see them on SNES. Armagon might have made a better pirate boat level boss, Tokka and Razhar should have been the Prehistoric level boss, Slash could have alley cat blues, and Bebop and Rocksteady could guard Shredder in the Technodrome. As much as I love the Metalhead fight mechanics and art design I could take or leave this one.
KirkyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:59 AM   #19
Prowler
Emperor

Bebop and Rocksteady being placed in Skull and Crossbones level wasn't senseless, placing Rahzar and Tokka in the Tehcnodrome level was. No idea why B&R weren't in the arcade version of the game in the first place. And worse than that, why weren't they playable characters in any of the Tournament Fighters games? Now that's just unforgivable. Instead they put in unknown characters such as Sisyphus and Aska.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #20
Garfield
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview01 View Post
I love them as pirates, I could totally see them getting into it in the cartoon

This.

I love Skull and Crossbones. It's just Bebop and Rocksteady being silly and getting into hijinks. I could totally see them doing something like this in the cartoon and its another silly little thing to think about involving them.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote