The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Who else loved the crystal ball rolling a la Labyrinth?
"Where did he pull out the bazooka?" "I have theories, none of them pleasant..." 32 30.19%
I don't wanna be stuck in the 1980s!! 34 32.08%
You shall not Pass! 23 21.70%
Yes! I'm handsome again... 7 6.60%
Wait... so this kid gets left to rot in the sewers alone, yet they search for a cure for Timothy? 10 9.43%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Official Episode Discussion S2 #15 "Mazes and Mutants"

I love the ICKitty cameo...

So, the boys had a crazy few weeks with Kraang and they've decided to sit down and play with this old board game they fished out of the trash.

I've never played D&D.. my brothers may have 20 or 30 years ago... so some of this stuff is foreign to me. But the boys seem to have picked the game up quick and had themselves a good time. I particularly like the Awesome Ring made with an old hoseclamp... kids know how to improvise.

The vibe I get from Splinter is "don't sit around playing games, go outside or something!" So it appears Leo's set up a tunnel for them to act out their LARPing characters.

The strange critter with the olde English... we'll find out who they are and what they're up to eventually.

WILL THE BOYS ESCAPE FROM THEIR WEIRD LARPING ENTRAPMENT?!
HOW WILL THIS TIE INTO THE MAIN STORYLINE?!
WHAT VOICE ACTOR IS GOING TO GIVE US THE BIRD('s voice)?!

As with before, we'll open this up at midnight for those who can get the episode early. The poll will be posted after the show airs on TV.

STAY TUNED!!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:05 PM   #2
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Enjoy!

~Machias
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:21 AM   #3
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
It's airing today? Great, this will be just the thing to cheer me up once it hits you-tube later this week! (As it eventually will.)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:50 AM   #4
LH
Leatherhead

Leatherhead!!!...

Well, even though it wasn't the real Leatherhead... It was really cool to see him again! His animation in season 2 looks absolutely AMAZING, and it looks like Sir Malachi has an imaginary pal in him and the monkey goblins. I also liked Mikey's reaction to seeing him again...

"But I thought you were gone forever dude!"... A nice throwback to the events of TCRI and how Mikey reacted when he sacrificed himself through the portal...
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:00 AM   #5
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Yay, episode continues to air just after midnight for digital buyers! Loving this trend.

Finished watching it a bit ago.

Love the costumes and all the roleplay and LARP stuff, I played a lot of those types of games growing up.
Raph's Turkey head and the "angry" turkey Some fantastic GIF material in this episode guys.
Some CGI model re-use in leatherhead and the monkey... something we have come to expect, but it was pretty clever this time.
Sheesh how many times can you fall through a floor in one episode? A lot apparently! Somewhat disappointed with "the maze" honestly looks like they re-used the same corridor over and over until the very end.
Sir Malachai definitely a very over the top character, was cool for an episode but wonder if they'd find a use for him in the future? He promised the turtles he wouldn't do this again so... when i first saw his design, I was pretty excited. But now that i've seen the episode, as a character I'd rate him similar to The Pulverizer... he's more of a jokey/pathetic character unfortunately.

In the end, this episode will be the source of a lot of great quotes and gifs I guess. But in terms of the plot or action it doesn't hold up to some of the better episodes. It was still a fun change of pace before the turtles return to their ooze-hunting duties for next week. I will always remember and appreciate this episode as the turtles/Dungeons & Dragons homage that combined two of my favorite things.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:07 AM   #6
Vicky82
Emperor

Just watched the episode, it was funny, had some good references but not the best episode i'm afraid. Will post my thoughts later.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:10 AM   #7
LivingMutagen
Hench Mutant

YOU SHALL NOT PASS.
My awesome.

My gosh, all the LOTR references. Even the turtles kinda were
Leo: Aragorn
Donnie: Gandalf
Mikey: Legolas
Raph: Gimli

And Malachi's backstory. And the Rockwell, April, ICK and Leatherhead cameos. So awesome.

(watched it on a stream again)
Old 04-27-2014, 06:06 AM   #8
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Aw man, I laughed so hard at Turkey Raph.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:47 AM   #9
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

For those that saw it, who voiced Sir Malachi?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:52 AM   #10
Kanon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
For those that saw it, who voiced Sir Malachi?
Turtlepedia:
Voiced by Paul Reubens
Old 04-27-2014, 06:57 AM   #11
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Thanks Kanon.

That's awesome. Pee-Wee Herman voiced Malachi.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:06 AM   #12
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Love it! Lol Mikey's ancient time "I don't wanna live in the 1980s"!

And tonnes of LOTR and Hobbits references! "You shall not pass!"

I thought Malachi was a sympathetic character, he's definitely a lot better than annoying Timothy.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:12 AM   #13
ticktack
Foot Soldier

I've yet watched the first 8 minutes and have questions
Spoiler:
Why would sparrow pick April, put her in as a princess role, why would he have captured her, how, how he knows her, why would the turtles care, how was he sure about that the turtles would pass some tasks built by him with saving or putting as aim of rescuing April, and I'd say for exploiting a person for some reason that sparrow one way or another should pay for that by April or... folks or at least be reasonable, couldn't get anything from him(his reasonability or have a revenge or he to do something for himself to be forgived >) is shame and/because then you will be seen and/or labeled as a weakling .. by who you'd ask, from a team and from a team that's kinda constantly saves you and then a gratitude etc etc. couldn't she all in all save herself during her trouble-time, couldn't the sparrow thought out and brought up other aims, and I'd say like good ones not the ones that are rely/based on the threat? Like bring up for a good reward and they enjoy the game and their time at the same time. What was the purpose for doing or making of this mess all in all?(maybe I will get if I watch the episode fully)
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:21 AM   #14
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktack View Post
I've yet watched the first 8 minutes and have questions
Spoiler:
Why would sparrow pick April, put her in as a princess role, why would he have captured her, how, how he knows her, why would the turtles care, how was he sure about that the turtles would pass some tasks built by him with saving or putting as aim of rescuing April, and I'd say for exploiting a person for some reason that sparrow one way or another should pay for that by April or... folks or at least be reasonable, couldn't get anything from him(his reasonability or have a revenge or he to do something for himself to be forgived >) is shame and/because then you will be seen and/or labeled as a weakling .. by who you'd ask, from a team and from a team that's kinda constantly saves you and then a gratitude etc etc. couldn't she all in all save herself during her trouble-time, couldn't the sparrow thought out and brought up other aims, and I'd say like good ones not the ones that are rely/based on the threat? Like bring up for a good reward and they enjoy the game and their time at the same time. What was the purpose for doing or making of this mess all in all?(maybe I will get if I watch the episode fully)
You should really watch the episode before you look at the spoiler.

Spoiler:
April is there friend that's why and I guess it was referencing to the OT where April got captured alot. April wasn't really captured, she was an illusion. Also I guess it's forshadowing to next weeks episode were Baxter captures April

Last edited by Vicky82; 04-27-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:38 AM   #15
ticktack
Foot Soldier

Spoiler:
this show gets a ''yellow card'' for
1. trying to shove an axe or threatened with one's life because you were so angry and to a newly appeared antagonist and on tv
2. bird poop. could use the same otherwise i.e. not to be obvious - it's a rock, or skip that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Spoiler:
April is there friend that's why and I guess it was referencing to the OT where April got captured alot. April wasn't really captured, she was an illusion. Also I guess it's forshadowing to next weeks episode were Baxter captures April
Spoiler:
no, it's also an overused trope in games. April really being strong or weak they will turn her into she being in need. With princess I can see a justifyment of saving the one who is in a higher position... well, because the kingdom needs her, she's needed, she's possibly a great ruler for her/the kingdom.

Vicky82, April the OT was a busy, working woman, she went to risky places to gain a new story
Spoiler:
she was a news reporter and that she got a boss who was very demanding.
Nick April just relies on turtles more(no, I'm not comparing with other Aprils), she's young(I supposed she had a lot of time for herself and have a ninja training if and when she is willing to), and other thing is that she has a Krang plot going on and she got problems with them because
Spoiler:
they chase her for some reason.

Last edited by Jester; 04-27-2014 at 08:33 AM. Reason: 3x post
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:47 AM   #16
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Turtlepedia:
Voiced by Paul Reubens
Not 100% sure on that. Someone's been adding that for 2 days without a source. If someone can confirm via credits, I'd appreciate it.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:50 AM   #17
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Not 100% sure on that. Someone's been adding that for 2 days without a source. If someone can confirm via credits, I'd appreciate it.
Yeah it does say on the credits.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:36 AM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Episodes like this show why CG usage is disappointing. The maze was exactly the same corridors over and over again until the final room. If this were a cartoon instead it would look totally different.

Also did Mikey just say, "Son?" Why are they having him speak in ebonic slang?

It was an OK episode overall, wasn't particularly impressed.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #19
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier

This episode was quite a bit different than I first anticipated. And I thought Sir Malachi was going to be more of an actual threat and possibly be at least a century old. It was a bit anti-climatic on who he actually is. I enjoyed the episode mainly because Leatherhead was in it in some form.

A wolf....wandering through the dark....
Jon_Talbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #20
super curry max
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
i was racking my brain trying to figure out where i heard that voice before then it hit me. Sounded exactly like BATMITE from Batman brave and the bold who was voiced by paul reubens.

so i think it would be correct.

Tags
episode discussion, larp, nick, sir malachi, tmnt 2012