The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-04-2014, 02:01 AM   #1
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Episode Discussion S2 #16 "The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman"

It's Sunday and the official thread for this episode has not been put up yet. So I am starting this for anyone who has caught the episode on Itunes.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:09 AM   #2
Barkworm
Time for business!

Baxter's design was surprisingly creepy in motion.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:25 AM   #3
electric_sheep
Banned

Blah, what a crappy, crappy episode...
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:29 AM   #4
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
Blah, what a crappy, crappy episode...
I don't know what I believe less.

That you actually watched it, or that you bought the episode to see it...
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:38 AM   #5
electric_sheep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
I don't know what I believe less.

That you actually watched it, or that you bought the episode to see it...
Bought? yeah, i watched it and it sucked. April gets kidnaped again, in the blandest of ways, baxter's design is generic and uncreative and it was not funny, not a single funny moment. Bland, generic, not interesing that's just some of the things this episode is...
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:06 AM   #6
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

This episode was fantastic!
It's right up there as one of my favorite episodes!
ACE DUCK! so funny I wonder if we will see him?
Spoiler:

A Pig & a Rhino Baxter says! hahah
Man Baxter sure turned out to be one ugly fly, I wonder if he will start to loose his mind like he did in the 80's toon.
Man when April fell into the Mutagen I gasped, now we know since she's part Kraang she can't be affected by it.
Nice to see Rahzar so much through this episode but where is Fishface?
Mikey is pretty annoying in this episode which I don't like as he's usually really funny.
I'm really happy for Donatello though as that's a huge scientific break through.
I had another gasping moment as I seriously thought the second tube of retro-mutagen was going to go to waste.
But with that being said, I find it a bit odd that it only took a few drops too Kirby's skin to turn him back.
Couldn't they just have used it on the others if that's all it took?
It's cool that Kirby is finally back to normal though and I really hope Donatello will be able to me more of a cure for the others.
I really liked the ending of this one and can't wait to see who Shredder wants him to mutate!

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 05-04-2014 at 04:19 AM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:47 AM   #7
Vicky82
Emperor

Oh my god, what a fantastic episode, it was so intence, Will post thoughts later.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:50 AM   #8
JTH
"ME"

New episode was great.

Tense moments and man...April/Donnie up the wazoo.

He got two kisses in this episode, more than the rest of the series combined. And one right in front of Casey. And yeah, he's jealous...
Old 05-04-2014, 06:05 AM   #9
Shark_Blade
Crushing on Casey Jones

A great episode. Truly remarkable what they've brought on to the table.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:23 AM   #10
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Good Episode! Loved the sound design on Baxterfly, and Shredder has plans for one final mutant? Interesting.

The action and humour was lacking this week but it made up for it with it's great design, visuals and direction. Really liked how dark and creepy the Episode got and how it seguewayed into Kirby's retromutation which creates a nice balance; as always this aspect of the show is well done and commendable. I especially loved the intro to this episode, one of the best mutation scenes yet...

All around, great episode! (8.5/10) -- 'The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman'.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:35 AM   #11
Tazi
Mad Scientist

It was pretty enjoyable, especially compared to the previous episode, tho there are some logical/continuity errors:
Like when the turtles worried about April falling into the mutagen, while it's already established that she is immune to it. Or how the hell Baxter, then Rahzar found out about the anti-mutagen? And yeah, it's kinda ridicolous to know that one drop was enough of it to make the change (aren't they used to say something like this about acid in the '60s? ). yet they had to carry the whole canister.
Overall it was an enjoyable episode still, they really made Baxter-fly into a disgusting creature, even keeping the way for him of how flies eat IRL. And it established Shredder as a real menace for his minions by actually fulfilling his punishment.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:46 AM   #12
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
It was pretty enjoyable, especially compared to the previous episode, tho there are some logical/continuity errors:
Like when the turtles worried about April falling into the mutagen, while it's already established that she is immune to it.
No it was not established.

They showed she was unaffected by Kraang Water, not mutagen.

This was the first time they showed this.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:50 AM   #13
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
Like when the turtles worried about April falling into the mutagen, while it's already established that she is immune to it. Or how the hell Baxter, then Rahzar found out about the anti-mutagen? And yeah, it's kinda ridicolous to know that one drop was enough of it to make the change (aren't they used to say something like this about acid in the '60s? ). yet they had to carry the whole canister.
Overall it was an enjoyable episode still, they really made Baxter-fly into a disgusting creature, even keeping the way for him of how flies eat IRL. And it established Shredder as a real menace for his minions by actually fulfilling his punishment.
Actually we wern't sure she was immune to mutagen, we knew she was immune to Kranng Water from season 1 but not mutagen.
Rahzar has good hearing that's why he knew about the retro mutagen
You could hear Baxter Stockman listening to turtles when they wemt for Kirby Bat so he must have got good hearing when he got mutated.
About the 1 drop of retro mutagen was enough to change Kirby, yeah i'm wondering that too and maybe changing back to human isn't permanent.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #14
Tazi
Mad Scientist

I remembered it wrongly then, I thought it was mutagen. What is Krang Water exactly?
Old 05-04-2014, 08:16 AM   #15
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

Oh well. Looks like its time to find a better "Wingnut & Screwloose".
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:20 AM   #16
Vicky82
Emperor

It was from the Episode Karai's Vendetta, I do remember that Donnie was showing it to others he put a pizza in the Kranng water and it destroyed the pizza. The water spilt on to April but didn't effect her. The Kranng wanted it to be put in the water suply. Why? I don't no.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:37 AM   #17
MiBs
Foot Soldier

Wow, I liked this one a lot more, than I thought I would. The Baxter mutation was creepy cool, I actually think I like him better this way - darker and more evil, instead of a sad, whiny human. Mikey was a bit annoying with all the buzz buzz, but at least it was only for a couple of scenes. I also gasped when April fell fell into the mutagen, especially because Donnie was the last thing she touched before she fell in (Venus alert). In all a very nice ep.....and with the Slash/Newt episode coming up
MiBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:23 AM   #18
Overlordofnobodies
Thug

Wow Baxter was ten time better as a fly then he was ever as a human. Beside being better cool fighter.He was all so a lot more eviler sounding.

A little Sad about April getting out of the ooze with nothing wrong but I was not to surprise. Like in the 80's cartoon. April will all was look human even if she is not fully human by blood.

All so it is all was great to see April fight.
Overlordofnobodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:26 AM   #19
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Thanks for posting the thread. My internet has been dead for much of the past week, so I've only been on for short stops....
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

Fantastic episode and I love the way they handled Baxter-fly.

The meat of this episode was a mad dash for the retro-mutagen and I loved the "keep away" theme of this episode. Its also nice that Rahzar really does want to become human again too, even after he was more satisfied with his double mutation.

Loved that they brought up Splinter returning to human form. I hope we get a Nick version of "Splinter No More" from the original toon.

So Kirby is back to normal, what about Mutagen Man and Dr. Rockwell?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace duck, baxter stockman, episode discussion