The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-09-2015, 03:33 AM   #621
pennydreadful
trash

Smile

OH MY GLOB.

So remember a while back I said I was throwing my hat into the ring for something I'd wanted to try for a while but hadn't had the confidence to try?

Well, that something was me putting the word out that I'm available for beta-reading for certain fic genres... and someone just contacted me asking me to do some beta-reading for a bunch of their fics!!!

Even better, it's a fic collection that is about my OTP!

I have a happy.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:02 AM   #622
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Got my test scores up and current for college and got to pick my courses for spring. One less thing thing on my mind.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:21 PM   #623
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Awesome to hear, Penny. That's great.

I know that watching Glee tonight will be a happy occasion as well as a sad one since it's the last season and there's only thirteen episodes. Also that I updated another fan fic and that the new TMNT episode is only two days away. Can't wait!

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:20 PM   #624
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Awesome to hear concerning test scores and beta reading, DF and PD. Especially since it's now the weekend. Nice to not have things hanging over one's head where weekends and breaks are concerned.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:41 PM   #625
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Agreed. My happy-maker today is getting two days off in a row- and tomorrow is my D&D game day! Can't wait to see how the session goes, and if we end up with any more dolphins summoned onto tavern tables during a brawl..... That was weird, but so much fun, LOL! I hope the game continues to be as entertaining. Guess I'll find out tomorrow!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:44 PM   #626
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
Nice to not have things hanging over one's head where weekends and breaks are concerned.
Agreed. Especially since I go back to college right after MLK day. I think the college cuts off their registration period after today, so I was quite relieved to be able to pick out my classes when I did.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:20 PM   #627
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Watching Glee yesterday made me very happy as I feel the season is starting on a good note.

The prospect of getting to eat Burger King tonight is making me happy today.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:01 PM   #628
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

A very good game-session today. We found a lost girl in the woods who is either one of the kids from the burned-down orphanage or is something sinister in disguise (I haven't decided which yet), encountered a giant with a hangover and a lost (wedding?) ring, found the ring, cured the hangover (and got away with our skins for it), cured some kobold teens of a nasty plague (with the promise to do something about their cruel, tyrannical chieftain) and then went BACK into the monastery we'd previously explored- this time with the key to the underground levels given to us by the kobold kids- and somehow BLUFFED our way straight to the chief with some fast-talk to the guards at the entrance!

I guess they bought our story about being emissaries of the red dragon their tribe "worships". Having an ifrit and a fire-obsessed wizard in the group helped. Sadly, that tactic only worked until the chief wanted to see our "sign" of the dragon's favor (ie, a scale). So, now we're in the middle of a battle with the kobold "king" and some of his warriors- but we were led through the entire lair right to his throne-room, so only had to fight six instead of the entire LAIR'S worth! BUUUUT.... my wizard (a pyromaniac) managed to incinerate one of them, and the rest of the group took out all but two of the others, and the chief is still left, but I'm thinking he won't take much to kill once his minions are out of the way- and he's obviously off his rocker....

Long story short, a great game today!

Old 01-10-2015, 05:06 PM   #629
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

All you guys who get to eat Burger King are lucky! Mine is in a not so hot part of town. Good for you, Bubbly.

Duckie, what game were you playing? Sounds like D&D. Always wanted to try stuff like that. It sounds like a blast.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:13 PM   #630
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Yes, it was, BT. Well, technically Pathfinder, though it is basically the same thing, as Pathfinder was based on D&D 3rd edition. Same rules and stuff, just with a few tweaks, and it's missing some of the "iconic" D&D monsters like Illithids and beholders for copyright reasons. But it's played the same, and I really like this version! My wizard (a gnome) is an alchemist and fire-elementalist, which basically means he likes to blow things up or set them on fire any chance he gets. Everyone has already learned to get out of the way when he starts "playing with fire".....

Old 01-11-2015, 09:04 AM   #631
Kanon
Stone Warrior

I am so happy that I´m grining and giggling all the time.
Because: My mother cut my hair.

I had long hair that everytime it gets wet its impossible to brush it unless i want to loose my head. Today i finally found a haircut that i like and asked her to cut my hair. I wanted this (only a little bit longer):

When she finished the cut, I looked in the mirror and was so damn happy, cause I already had bangs and with it, it now looks like the haircut of my fav. female character of warehouse 13! Claudia Donovan! Thats her:
Old 01-11-2015, 11:37 PM   #632
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

My happy for today- finally finished a new chapter on my some Other World tale, and posted it! Yay for days off to concentrate on writing (and my game). Also- a guy at work bought all of us pizza- and the new TMNT aired toady! I'm off to go hunt it down and watch it while I eat mine.

Old 01-12-2015, 04:20 AM   #633
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Yes, it was, BT. Well, technically Pathfinder, though it is basically the same thing, as Pathfinder was based on D&D 3rd edition. Same rules and stuff, just with a few tweaks, and it's missing some of the "iconic" D&D monsters like Illithids and beholders for copyright reasons. But it's played the same, and I really like this version! My wizard (a gnome) is an alchemist and fire-elementalist, which basically means he likes to blow things up or set them on fire any chance he gets. Everyone has already learned to get out of the way when he starts "playing with fire".....
Sounds like a blast. My fiancee and I recently started reading all those Forgotten Realms books. I literally spent hours attempting to run through tinelines and figure out where to start. The DND universe is so vast, and I love all the big bads as well as the monsters I've been reading about on all the wiki sites.

Let's see, my happy for such an early morning would be episode 7 of TMNT 2012's season 3 showing up on my amazon instant video. I'm looking forward to seeing that much later today. Also looking forward to coffee here in a couple minutes.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:17 PM   #634
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

If you need a place to start, I'd suggest the Elminster books (Making of a Mage is the first) or the Dark Elf saga of Drizzt (one of my faves and my introduction to the world) or Elaine Cunningham's Evermeet novel or Songs and Swords series. Actually, her books are among the BEST in that setting. Eric Scott de Bie and Richard Lee Biers are also good. There are others, of course, but these are among the best ones.

If you DO read them, though, be prepared for some VERY jarring changes to the world and characters when you get to the "Spellplague" era books. This was the BIGGEST event to take place in that setting (or as fans call it, an RSE- Realms-Shaking Event) and resulted in not only many drastic changes to the world itself, but also the phasing out or killing off or otherwise disappearing of many of the older characters. I dislike most of the material from this era for that very reason. A lot of fans objected to the changes made during the 4th edition era of D&D (and FR in particular) because it didn't feel like the same world anymore.

That said, the 5th ed era has now begun, and many of the Spellplague changes have either been undone (gods can do these things, apparently) or significantly reduced, and some characters have been brought back in some very interesting and creative ways. (No spoilers, but being trapped in a magic item or pocket dimention are among them....)

Old 01-12-2015, 03:28 PM   #635
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
If you need a place to start, I'd suggest the Elminster books (Making of a Mage is the first) or the Dark Elf saga of Drizzt (one of my faves and my introduction to the world) or Elaine Cunningham's Evermeet novel or Songs and Swords series. Actually, her books are among the BEST in that setting. Eric Scott de Bie and Richard Lee Biers are also good. There are others, of course, but these are among the best ones.

If you DO read them, though, be prepared for some VERY jarring changes to the world and characters when you get to the "Spellplague" era books. This was the BIGGEST event to take place in that setting (or as fans call it, an RSE- Realms-Shaking Event) and resulted in not only many drastic changes to the world itself, but also the phasing out or killing off or otherwise disappearing of many of the older characters. I dislike most of the material from this era for that very reason. A lot of fans objected to the changes made during the 4th edition era of D&D (and FR in particular) because it didn't feel like the same world anymore.

That said, the 5th ed era has now begun, and many of the Spellplague changes have either been undone (gods can do these things, apparently) or significantly reduced, and some characters have been brought back in some very interesting and creative ways. (No spoilers, but being trapped in a magic item or pocket dimention are among them....)
We started the Moonshe trilogy, but I actually started reading the Dark Elf trilogy on the side. Just started the final book, Sojourn, in fact, and will probably read on. Naturally, I want a Guenhwyvar of my own. Can't wait to run into some of these Gods. Some sound scary as hell and some sound alright.

Another happy for me today is that I don't have to go anywhere this afternoon. It's friggin freezing outside, so I'm cool staying indoors. Both cats are snuggled up even though the heater is going strong. Looking forward to cozying up to some chicken and rice as well as Simpsons and hibernating.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:20 AM   #636
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

My Jimmy Page book arrived today
Old 01-13-2015, 03:51 PM   #637
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Getting my hair cut today made me happy. Feels much better.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:06 PM   #638
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Gas prices are super loooooooow.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:04 PM   #639
Leo656
The Franchise

IIIIIIIII KNOW! Up the road over here it's like $1.98.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:01 PM   #640
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
We started the Moonshe trilogy, but I actually started reading the Dark Elf trilogy on the side. Just started the final book, Sojourn, in fact, and will probably read on. Naturally, I want a Guenhwyvar of my own. Can't wait to run into some of these Gods. Some sound scary as hell and some sound alright.

Another happy for me today is that I don't have to go anywhere this afternoon. It's friggin freezing outside, so I'm cool staying indoors. Both cats are snuggled up even though the heater is going strong. Looking forward to cozying up to some chicken and rice as well as Simpsons and hibernating.
Awesome! the Icewind Dale trilogy is my fave of the entire series(s). But it's good that you started at the chronological "beginning" of that one. Never read the Moonshae books, myself- can never seem to find them. Loved the Avatars series, though. THAT series is all ABOUT the gods- and even features a few of them in person! (That particular time-period is also my fave in FR "history".)