The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2018, 11:44 PM   #1
funatic
Stone Warrior
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 982
TMNT Munchkin

News is a few days old now so please delete this thread if it has been posted elsewhere...

IDW Games is releasing a TMNT version of the popular Munchkin board game franchise.

They're launching a kickstarter on March 7th with Deluxe editions available, one of which will pay more homage to the Mirage turtles from the sound of it.

More info here: https://idwgames.com/idw-games-annou...d-nickelodeon/
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:05 AM   #2
Raptor86
Hench Mutant
 
Raptor86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy (Currently in Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
Posts: 483
Totally in
Raptor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:27 AM   #3
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 13,574
I'm looking forward to this
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:22 PM   #4
Raptor86
Hench Mutant
 
Raptor86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy (Currently in Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
Posts: 483
Backed the Deluxe Edition!!!
Raptor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:27 PM   #5
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,935
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-ninja-turtles

Here's the link to the kickstarter for those looking to support it.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #6
funatic
Stone Warrior
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 982
Pretty psyched for this, looks like they're including lots of IDW characters (Pigeon Pete as a Kickstarter exclusive with more to come!)! Originally I was all for the duoshade variant but I'm not sure it suits the IDW style as well as the full color... Maybe I'll get both. Does anyone know the significance of the TMNT Deck Boxes add-on? Just a fancier place to put your cards?

P.S. Was that actually Townsend Coleman narrating the video or a cowabunga copy cat?

Last edited by funatic; 03-07-2018 at 02:16 PM.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 02:44 PM   #7
Raptor86
Hench Mutant
 
Raptor86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy (Currently in Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Pretty psyched for this, looks like they're including lots of IDW characters (Pigeon Pete as a Kickstarter exclusive with more to come!)! Originally I was all for the duoshade variant but I'm not sure it suits the IDW style as well as the full color... Maybe I'll get both. Does anyone know the significance of the TMNT Deck Boxes add-on? Just a fancier place to put your cards?

P.S. Was that actually Townsend Coleman narrating the video or a cowabunga copy cat?
Yep, just a place to store the cards
Raptor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:42 PM   #8
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,034
I assume they'll fix it, but in the promo video it looks like they spelled April's last name as "Neal."
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:17 PM   #9
EddieNES
Stone Warrior
 
EddieNES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 718
Went ahead and got the colored deluxe. Another game Iíll have no idea how to play lol. Still like supporting IDW all the same.
__________________
Xbox Gamertag - EddieNES
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:31 PM   #10
funatic
Stone Warrior
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
Went ahead and got the colored deluxe. Another game I’ll have no idea how to play lol. Still like supporting IDW all the same.
Haha, the learning curve for Munchkin is considerably lesser than Shadows of the Past, if that's what you're referring to, it only takes a couple rounds to get the hang of things.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:35 PM   #11
Powder
Salami Origami
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 25,556
Loving the art pieces Kevin did for this. Maybe when it drops someone could scan the ones that aren't shown?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:09 AM   #12
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant
 
Nortock Diab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 339
I could not resist to back this.
Kevin Eastman art is probably going to make the game quite unique.
I have never played Munchkin before but the game has a good reputation.
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #13
funatic
Stone Warrior
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Loving the art pieces Kevin did for this. Maybe when it drops someone could scan the ones that aren't shown?
Yeah they're great. I made a comment on the kickstarter that they should put them all in a little character profile booklet as a bonus! Don't have a scanner but I'm sure one of the 1,427 backers could step up to the plate.

Does anyone know if the sepia-tone box art for the ultimate deluxe edition (and print) is original for this game? I feel like I've seen it before...
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:32 PM   #14
Shedder
Foot Soldier
 
Shedder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 241
[QUOTE=Does anyone know if the sepia-tone box art for the ultimate deluxe edition (and print) is original for this game? I feel like I've seen it before...[/QUOTE]

It is the 2014 Convention exclusive cover (SDCC). There were 2 versions. The red one that looks like the signed print comes in and a blue one (Called B+W) which came signed at the time. It was a Vol 1 #1 reprint inside.

Link: (see #4 & 5)
https://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/idw-20...nt-exclusives/
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:01 PM   #15
funatic
Stone Warrior
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
It is the 2014 Convention exclusive cover (SDCC). There were 2 versions. The red one that looks like the signed print comes in and a blue one (Called B+W) which came signed at the time. It was a Vol 1 #1 reprint inside.

Link: (see #4 & 5)
https://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/idw-20...nt-exclusives/
Ah that's right, thanks! I hope the print released with the Munchkin bundle includes the full artwork with Shredder looming.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:18 PM   #16
LittleBlueHero
Foot Soldier
 
LittleBlueHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Royal Oak, Michigan
Posts: 112
On the Deck Boxes

I reached out to IDW and the deck boxes are made of high grade wrapped cardboard. As a guy that plays a lot of Magic the Gathering I have zero idea what that means. All I know is that I will (probably) be the only one rocking these boxes at my local card shop!

$45 seems like a lot for a munchkin game though... but I won't complain unless the boxes are complete trash.
__________________
LittleBlueHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:44 PM   #17
funatic
Stone Warrior
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueHero View Post
I reached out to IDW and the deck boxes are made of high grade wrapped cardboard. As a guy that plays a lot of Magic the Gathering I have zero idea what that means. All I know is that I will (probably) be the only one rocking these boxes at my local card shop!

$45 seems like a lot for a munchkin game though... but I won't complain unless the boxes are complete trash.
I'm wavering on the boxes, esp if the art is actually just reproduced from the cards/standees as pictured... Did they say if the card boxes would fit in the game box? That would be a deal breaker for me if no.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:26 PM   #18
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.
 
Krutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rawkzone
Posts: 2,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Did they say if the card boxes would fit in the game box? That would be a deal breaker for me if no.
I didn't even think about that. Good question.
__________________

Spoiler:
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:29 AM   #19
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,034
Maybe it's just me, but I don't feel like they've clearly articulated the difference between the two editions. Am I right that the only difference is the color of some of the pieces?
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:20 AM   #20
funatic
Stone Warrior
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I don't feel like they've clearly articulated the difference between the two editions. Am I right that the only difference is the color of some of the pieces?
Thatís essentially the extent of it. All cards and pieces will be in duoshade tones (like the old Mirage comics), rather than color. It will come in the different box as well. I imagine this version wonít see a standard retail release because color sells better to the mass market, so if youíre looking for collectibility it may be the better bet.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.