The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 08-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Stories for the two movie games?

Hey, this may sound kind of dumb, but can anyone here tell me the overall story to the two TMNT 2014 movie games? I can't get very far in the 3DS one, and I'm one of those people who is very interested in a games story! Thanks!

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:19 PM   #2
Ninjinister
無問題

I'm assuming you're talking about the mobile game as the other one as opposed to the Kinect one

I'm not going to mark these spoilers so everyone avert your eyes if you don't wanna know.

The mobile game... I don't know too much honestly. I haven't played it myself and only watched a Youtube video where the player didn't even get to the end. What I got out of it, though, is that Bebop and Rocksteady and a bunch of thugs are busting up pizza joints. Leatherhead's also evil in this and somehow involved. Considering Tom Waltz is the writer, I'm disappointed at the plot, but I'm convinced that he was hired for the snappy dialogue more than anything.

But at least that makes sense. The mobile version has Stockman really as the main villain. He's supplied Rat King with mutagen. Rat King mutates a bunch of rats then mind-controls Splinter into fighting the Turtles. The Turtles beat down Rat King. Stockman sends Slash after the Turtles. Stockman springs Sacks-Shredder from jail. Sacks-Shredder fights the Turtles and randomly summons/transforms into shadow versions of the Turtles and the previous three bosses (Splinter, Rat King, Slash). Then it's revealed that the fight was all a hallucination, because apparently Stockman has developed a version of Scarecrow's fear gas. Stockman and Sacks-Shredder get away, and that's the end of the story.

The side missions delve a bit deeper into the villains, and oddly gives them more development than the film ever did, but it's nothing really deep or meaningful. Karai is Sacks' daughter. She writes in her diary that Sacks did legitimately care about saving the world but has since flipped his wig. She worries about him and at the same time follows his orders, hoping he'll come back to his senses. Stockman basically was the same way - he was a brilliant, well-meaning scientist who lost his marbles somewhere along the way.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:58 AM   #3
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Thanks, I can just write off the journal entries, and take the main story as Baxter's trying to free the main Shredder. Though Baxter already knowing the turtles in the game makes me think he had a bigger role in the movie originally. Also I wonder if they'll be using the atual shredder when the next movie game comes out in Oct./November?

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote