The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 10-27-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
nathanbofficial
Random Punk

Anyone want to see The Shredder destroy the Channel 6 building?

Surely I'm not the only one?

I know people get down on the Red Sky era of the Turtles, but how they portrayed the Shredder was pretty good in my opinion and for me, him destroying the Channel 6 building was a memorable moment of the original toon.

The more I see the 2014 movie and how well they've added the Channel 6 building, I began thinking 'I really would love to see the building blow in live action'. Along with a possible 'I never bluff' line? That would be awesome!
Anyone else agree?
nathanbofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

People(Peter Laird included) always want to say that Shredder was bafoonish and campy not capable of being threatening. The Shredder appeared in 7 out of 24 Red Sky episodes. Include Shredder Triumphant so lets say the last 8 there is no way people could say he was. I do question why he would go to such lengths over Krang after plotting against him but aside from from that I strongly believe two reasons watered down Shredder's capable threat. 1. The censors of the time vs that of 2003 cartoon was much tighter 2. The only way to keep Shredder as the main ongoing threat for over 100 + appearances was to surround him with incompetence and a battle machine that was in poor shape more than battle ready. If it was to last a set amount of episodes in today's time it would be different. Blowing up Channel Six News building was 1987 Shredder's greatest achievement for better or for worse. Its my second favorite episode overall in fact. Sorry, for the ramble. Anyway, yes I would like to see that version of The Shredder do something to that effect. It would automatically give him some level of respect from older fans and the young fans can be given reason to think he is intimidating beyond odd plots with the end goal of conquering.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:28 PM   #3
nathanbofficial
Random Punk

^^^ well said

I think despite the original Shredder's campy ways, he did have his moments and I think that the era was probably to blame for him being a little...less intimidating
nathanbofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:02 PM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbofficial View Post
Surely I'm not the only one?

I know people get down on the Red Sky era of the Turtles, but how they portrayed the Shredder was pretty good in my opinion and for me, him destroying the Channel 6 building was a memorable moment of the original toon.

The more I see the 2014 movie and how well they've added the Channel 6 building, I began thinking 'I really would love to see the building blow in live action'. Along with a possible 'I never bluff' line? That would be awesome!
Anyone else agree?
The 1994 season is not general considered bad, just 1995 and 1996.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:58 PM   #5
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Shredder blowing up the Channel Six building would be something that Michael Bay would allow in the later movies. It wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote