The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Custom Toys/Collectibles

Notices

Old 02-03-2015, 01:32 PM   #1
Pxndx
Hench Mutant

Building a TMNT City

Over the last 18 months I've been thinking of ways to build a TMNT City for my loose display. I have decided I will use my old legos I had as a kid and wash them. Then I will have to go to a design store and have them print the cartoonish buildings from the original cartoon and tape them over the lego blocks so the lego blocks won't be visible, they will just be a solid and easy structure I can manipulate accordingly.

I still need ideas for what kind of buildings, what to use for the ground etc. I will start working on this in April or end of March. I also need to find a way to create a sewer.

If anyone has any ideas for the city it would be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Pxndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:47 PM   #2
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
dude i can't wait to see this thing

i'd say make sure and get some of the more iconic buildings used in the series, like Channel 6. hard to say what to use for the ground. maybe some kind of tiles. i'd hit up craft stores

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:49 PM   #3
Pxndx
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
dude i can't wait to see this thing

i'd say make sure and get some of the more iconic buildings used in the series, like Channel 6. hard to say what to use for the ground. maybe some kind of tiles. i'd hit up craft stores
Thanks

I already own a Channel 6 Building pop up building that's pretty good size so I won't have to worry about that one. It's actually the base for the display and I will try to use it as a scale for the other buildings.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:08 PM   #4
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Well hey there buddy... We never talked about this part of your display but I have a suggestion for the ground. I assume you're hoping to have a pavement look and feel. when I built my street I used a piece of plywood and used textured spray paint. They sell it at Home Depot, Walmart, etc.

Once I put 2 coats of and let it dry, I took black and gray regular spray paint to lightly coat it to give it the right pavement look. I can give more details if you want. Feel free to pm me

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:04 AM   #5
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

Probably your best bet for streets would be the large foam, either blue or pink, from Home Depot or Lowes, it's light weight, durable, holds shapes well, as well as holds paints well.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:41 PM   #6
Pxndx
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
Well hey there buddy... We never talked about this part of your display but I have a suggestion for the ground. I assume you're hoping to have a pavement look and feel. when I built my street I used a piece of plywood and used textured spray paint. They sell it at Home Depot, Walmart, etc.

Once I put 2 coats of and let it dry, I took black and gray regular spray paint to lightly coat it to give it the right pavement look. I can give more details if you want. Feel free to pm me

This is pretty much the same thing I told you about only I've decided to actually add in buildings with it, I won't share my other ideas with anyone else until it's actually done.

I think I need something for the sewer idea I told you about that can support water without molding it?

Thanks for the help on the surface thing. And huzzah too. I am not very good at doing these things I will probably hire someone to do it for me to make it look professional.