The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 05-25-2015, 06:46 AM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

The worst game(s) you've ever played

Luckily, I've never owned many awful games. A few bad/mediocre ones when I was a kid and didn't know any better, but not a vast amount of them. Also, I don't count those games reviewed by AVGN such as Dr. Jekyll and Mister Hyde and Karate Kid that I decided to try for like 5 minutes just to see if they were as bad as he said they were.

This is hard to answer but I guess Bart vs. The Space Mutants for the NES. I could never get the hang of those awful controls and pass the first stage. Bart vs. the World wasn't good either, but it was more enjoyable and I enjoyed its concept as a kid. The memory and the quiz games were entertaining, at least.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:57 AM   #2
Mew
Banned

Not bad, but disappointing, was Sonic 3D Blast. When I was like 5 or 6, my mum gave me her old Sega Genesis, which I hate myself for selling, and I was a big Sonic fan, so I played it. Disappointing.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:28 AM   #3
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
This is hard to answer but I guess Bart vs. The Space Mutants for the NES. I could never get the hang of those awful controls and pass the first stage. Bart vs. the World wasn't good either, but it was more enjoyable and I enjoyed its concept as a kid. The memory and the quiz games were entertaining, at least.
A lot of those early Simpsons games are trash. Like Virtual Bart. Holy Hell was that game bad.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:37 AM   #4
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Glover

Hey You Pikachu

There's more but I don't remember what they are
Old 05-25-2015, 07:47 AM   #5
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
A lot of those early Simpsons games are trash. Like Virtual Bart. Holy Hell was that game bad.
I also had a Simpsons game for the SNES: Bart's Nightmare. Pretty mediocre as well, but slightly better than the NES ones, that's for sure.

I need to play the Simpsons' arcade game someday. Just to be able to die and say "I've played a good Simpsons game"

It's a shame really since back in the 80s-90s there were some decent and even some pretty good cartoon based games.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:59 AM   #6
snake
Noided

Most DS ports of games

Most DS games in general. I mean, the portable has a ton of great games, but the sh*tty ones outnumber them, kinda like the wii.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:05 AM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Most DS ports of games

Most DS games in general. I mean, the portable has a ton of great games, but the sh*tty ones outnumber them, kinda like the wii.
PS2 is even worse in that regard. Since that console has more games than any other thus far.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:38 AM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

I can't remember if I played it or just watched my wife play it, but Celebrity Deathmatch is by far THE worst thing I've ever had in one of my consoles. I tried to talk her out of it; she was just such a damn mark for the stupid show back then. Still went back to the store the same day.

I played a demo of Simpsons Wrestling once. That was a huge piece of sh*t, too.

Not what I'd call a "bad" game *exactly*, but "Worst Game That Had Potential", I'd say Sonic Unleashed. There's parts of it I like a lot, but there is just TOO much wrong with it, from not having a shadow under you most of the time during tricky platforming spots, to obstacles that are scientifically impossible to avoid until you've died on them 80 times as "practice", to buttons that seem to never do *quite* what you want them to, and on and on. It's not as simple as "Ugh, the Werehog". That didn't honestly bother me as much as all the myriad smaller issues that add up to a huge mess. Honestly the Werehog wasn't even close to the worst thing about that game.

Not even close to the worst game I've played, but it was supremely disappointing anyways.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:47 AM   #9
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MewMeow View Post
Not bad, but disappointing, was Sonic 3D Blast. When I was like 5 or 6, my mum gave me her old Sega Genesis, which I hate myself for selling, and I was a big Sonic fan, so I played it. Disappointing.
That game was just the beginning of Sonic's downfall. So I'd say it's bad, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I can't remember if I played it or just watched my wife play it, but Celebrity Deathmatch is by far THE worst thing I've ever had in one of my consoles. I tried to talk her out of it; she was just such a damn mark for the stupid show back then. Still went back to the store the same day
Didn't even know that show had been adapted into a video game. It's one of those games that you just know will suck bad.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:15 PM   #10
Leo656
The Franchise

Hasn't EVERY TV show had a video game tie-in by now? I was at the store the other day and saw there was a f*cking Duck Dynasty game.

I tell ya, people swear we don't need to be giving out free dirty needles to aid in population control, but the fact there's a Duck Dynasty video game kind of tells me we need to start the purge sooner rather than later. I mean, seriously, Duck Dynasty? What do you even DO with that? I'unno.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:31 PM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

There were Wayne's World video games back then. And that's not a movie that one could adapt into a game either. So guess what: they just made generic platforming games slapping Wayne's World name and its characters on it. Maybe they did the same thing for Duck Dynasty?
Old 05-25-2015, 12:35 PM   #12
Leo656
The Franchise

((Adjusts hipster glasses))

I've actually played and beaten Wayne's World for SNES.

It's nothing to be proud of but it is indeed a statement of fact.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:42 PM   #13
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
((Adjusts hipster glasses))

I've actually played and beaten Wayne's World for SNES.

It's nothing to be proud of but it is indeed a statement of fact.
The crappiest game I've beaten... TMNT 2 BattleNexus on the Nintendo GameCube perhaps? Never got to beat the Battle Nexus tournament itself, though. just the story mode.

A shame Slashuur was just a character made exclusively for the game, btw.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think the worst games I had was a lot of those really crappy NES games I had as a kid. I had like 50 NES games, many of them being licensed trash or poor games with bad gameplay. Man a lot of the NES stuff was painful looking bad, its just that we didn't realize it at the time because we were all kids. I had "Jaws" based on the movie, god awful, and stuff like that.

In terms of recent stuff, had War Gods on the N64. Really bad Mortal Kombat clone from Midway.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:52 PM   #15
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think the worst games I had was a lot of those really crappy NES games I had as a kid. I had like 50 NES games, many of them being licensed trash or poor games with bad gameplay. Man a lot of the NES stuff was painful looking bad, its just that we didn't realize it at the time because we were all kids. I had "Jaws" based on the movie, god awful, and stuff like that.

In terms of recent stuff, had War Gods on the N64. Really bad Mortal Kombat clone from Midway.
Did you have Top Gun II? I did and could never last long in the first level.. I'd just die pretty quickly in the game. Dunno if it's a bad game, though.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:55 PM   #16
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>

I had Bart vs The Space Mutants and Virtual Bart and both were pretty cool. They were unfairly hard but they had some good ideas. That first level of Bart vs the Space Mutants is very creative, the other stages aren't as much but still, it was a pretty decent platformer. Virtual bart gave you various types of games, my favorites were the slide and the tomato throwing games. Dinosaur bart was decent but way too difficult. The baby and pig levels were also too difficult but very fun. The only one I hated was the post apocalyptic future one.

Gmaes I remember being disappointed include Mickey and Minnies Capcom game on the NES, BTTF also on the NES, Mario is Missing (this one especially hit home since I spent all my money for what I expected a safe choice for a game), to a lesser degree Jurassic Park, I still played it a lot but didn't like it, I think I enjoy it more now.

Last edited by sdp; 05-25-2015 at 02:02 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:59 PM   #17
Mew
Banned

Quote:
I mean, seriously, Duck Dynasty? What do you even DO with that? I'unno.
Reskined Duck Hunt with modern day graphics and a free gun. Could be fun.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:49 PM   #18
Peanut
Second Gear

Sorta be more interesting if the thread were about worst games you've played, but still enjoyed. I'd have far more interesting answers for that.

As it stands, I've played most of the same bad games the Internet has made famous in the last decade. I'll go a little more modern and say the first Killzone is a tire fire of a FPS. How some a sh*tty game spawned numerous sequels and built a fan(boy)base out of terrible to mediocre shooters is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MewMeow View Post
Reskined Duck Hunt with modern day graphics and a free gun. Could be fun.
Are you seriously suggesting the return of light gun games would be fun? lol
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:54 PM   #19
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't think anyone will blink if it becomes "worst games you still had fun with".

Old 05-25-2015, 02:54 PM   #20
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Sorta be more interesting if the thread were about worst games you've played, but still enjoyed. I'd have far more interesting answers for that.
Carry on, then.

Bad games I've enjoyed... ever played that Game Boy Color Looney Tunes game called Martian's Revenge? It was a sequel, but I didn't play the prequel. basically you played as Marvin the Martian and tried to get back at Daffy Duck who I assumed had beaten you in the prequel.