The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Old 09-14-2003, 08:51 PM   #1
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

My Idea For A New Fox-Box Show! (Ep. Synopsis now up)

Well the new Fox-Box season begins and I’m already thinking about the next season. Here's an animated TV show concept I'm developing hoping to pitch to 4KIDS as a new Fox-Box Show.

I don't have a title for it yet. And, I have no character designs for it yet, because I can't decide which art style to use. I'm used to drawing anime-styled, and I am going for the kind of wackiness of anime-shows like FLCL, and Tôkyô-Pig. But, the show takes place clearly in the U.S.A., so a more American style might work better. I'm also considering a "semi-anime" style like the new TMNT show has. Any suggestions for title and/or art-style are greatly appreciated.

Also, while the fights will be quite brutal, and usually to the death, there will be NO blood. They will also be loaded with so much Looney-Tunes-style Squash & Stretch that there is NO way for the fights to be taken seriously enough to upset anyone! However, dead characters will not be resurrected!

As for the Music, I’m thinking Jazz, Blues and plenty of both!!!

Here's the concept:

A Boy named Mack Monroe is about to have his life turned upside-down. First, he wakes up in the morning to find a shock on TV. A man looking like something out of a 1950’s sitcom is barbequing. “Kiss the Cook” apron intact! And, he says, “There have been a few changes while you were all asleep. We have staged a bloodless coup! Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hank: Your new emperor!!!”. Things just keep getting weirder from there. Mack picks up a lead-pipe only to find that he is gifted in Lead-Pipe-Path a Martial Art similar to Kendô but with a lead-pipe instead of a sword. And, an alien cowboy keeps showing up to bug him at inconvenient moments. Also, two pretty Girls, both sadistic, one with a tazer , the other one with a bottle, are competing for his heart (Think of an insane Betty and Veronica). Also, a mallet-carrying psycho named Hammerac is pursuing him like Captain Ahab, and he keeps getting challenged to many duels to the death. And, he discovers a knack for scat singing and a love of competitive scat singing!

If anyone requests, I can post character profiles and/or episode synopsis!!!

Questions/Comments/ Suggestions/Title and/or Art-style suggestions?
Old 09-14-2003, 08:57 PM   #2
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

this show should also have muppets in it. don't ask why.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:21 PM   #3
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

No! No Muppets!
Old 09-14-2003, 10:38 PM   #4
Peanut
Second Gear

Old 09-14-2003, 10:42 PM   #5
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Old 09-14-2003, 11:55 PM   #6
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Maybe some character profiles will cultivate interest in this show. So, without further ado....

Character Profiles:
Good Guys:

Name: Lead-Pipe-Mackie
Full-Name: Mack Monroe
Weapon: Lead-Pipe
Skills: Lead-Pipe-Path, Scat-singing

Mack is the main hero of the show, he was just a normal 13 year old living in 1989 Chicago when he woke up to learn of the country’s conquest by Emperor Hank. Things got weirder when he touched that lead-pipe and suddenly a part of his mind unlocked revealing to him his natural skills with the weapon. He is a true warrior and a hepcat on the side! He has a tremendous love of Jazz music, as well as Blues. He dreams of being the best scat singer alive!

Name: Emperor Hank
Full-Name: Unknown
Weapon: Um…BBQ spatula
Skills: Just ruler, Barbeque King

Nobody knows anything about the mysterious, Emperor Hank, not even his exact location! He does seem to Barbeque often and does keep a palace in the Mojave Desert for parties only. He has NEVER appeared in person to anyone! Some people wonder if he even exists!
Emperor Hank gained control of the country in a bloodless coup that NOBODY remembers! Everyone just suddenly woke-up to discover he was now in charge! But, He is a fair and just ruler, so nobody minds.
Also, he greatly resembles a 1950s sitcom Dad!

Name: Uncle Frank
Weapon: none
Skills: Toadying, Can communicate with Emperor Hank

The man known only as Uncle Frank is Emperor Hank’s right-hand-man! He has no other skills really, and can be quite the sniveling toady. He does come in handy though since he is the liaison between Hank and Hank’s subjects.

Name: Tazer-Girl
Full-Name: Tessie Malloy
Weapon: Tazer
Skills: fast, agile, good at shocking people

Tessie LOVES to shock people! She also loves to chase Mack. She can be very outgoing and bold and a very good fighter. She is the sister of Hammerac, but has no respect for her over-protective brother. She can also be just a tad mischievous!

Name: Bottle-Girl
Full-Name: Jessica Taylor
Weapon: Gin Bottle
Skills: fast, agile, “bottle-rang”, good at whacking people with old gin bottle

Jessica is very skilled with hitting people with her old gin-bottle she got from her grandfather! Her favourite move is the “bottle-rang”, in which she throws the bottle in a spinning way that comes back to her after clocking her target on the head. She also has a crush on Mack and isn’t afraid to show it! She is a lot shyer and less bold than Tazer-Girl, but can also be mischievous! And secretly, she’s a HUGE pervert!!!

Name: Goblin Cowboy
Full-Name: Um…Goblin Cowboy
Weapon: Six-shooter
Skills: Shooting, selling used cars, annoying Mack!

GC is the ultimate combination. He’s a goblin from outer space that sells used cars and acts like a cowboy. He pops up occasionally to advise and assist Mack (much to his annoyance). His cowboy hat clothes and dialect can make him quite a presence. He can also be quite good in a fight. His used-car commercials can be viewed almost constantly on TV.

Name: Chocolate Vampire
Full-Name: Chester Tanaka
Weapon: His magic voice
Skills: Scat singing, Jazz singing, Blues harmonica

Chester is the ultimate hepcat! The master of Jazz, Blues, and competitive scat-singer! He is Mack’s big rival in the scat contests but they are friends when not in competition. He can also be useful to the two girls trying to win Mack’s heart but more on that later…

Next I'll post the Bad-Guy profiles!
Old 09-15-2003, 12:33 AM   #7
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

The Bad guys:

Name: Hammerac
Full-Name: Sol Malloy
Weapon: Big Mallet
Skills: Hitting people with big Mallet

Sol is very vengeful! Ever since Mack ate Sol’s last donut he has dedicated himself to killing him! He also can’t stand it that his sister has such a crush on Mack (He’s very overprotective). Sol is just an all around JERK! But, maybe he can have some sense knocked into him…

Name: Vending Vendetta
Full-Name: Unit six
Weapon: Mouth
Skills: Eating ANYTHING

VV is actually a vending machine brought to life by an unknown alien race. He is gigantic and eats anything in his path. He starts by gobbling the White-House (which was abandoned when Hank took charge), and eats whatever passes by. A powerful Monster, he is feared by all except Mack and Hammerac!

Name: the nameless ones
Weapons: Varied
Skills: Varied

They are a mysterious alien-race that seems to hate earth, Hank, and humans! They created Vending Vendetta and create many more less-successful monsters!

There are also Lots and Lots of one-shot villains that get killed in one episode!
Old 09-15-2003, 04:34 AM   #8
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches

This show also needs some kind of Robot named Floyd.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:32 AM   #9
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetsuDeinonychus
No! No Muppets!
*gobo raises an eyebrow (which he still can't do with emoticons)
Muppets rule. They're too good for your show. (just picking on ya; don't be mad)

Old 09-15-2003, 10:01 AM   #10
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew138
Actually, that's not a bad idea.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:07 AM   #11
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I'm intrigued as to how many and further more how much drugs were needed to make you think of something like this?
Old 09-15-2003, 04:53 PM   #12
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist

Old 09-15-2003, 06:02 PM   #13
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

If your show was on..would you like it better then tmnt?
Old 09-15-2003, 06:26 PM   #14
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetsuDeinonychus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew138
Actually, that's not a bad idea.
but muppets are? . .
Old 09-15-2003, 08:49 PM   #15
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffthecheff
If your show was on..would you like it better then tmnt?
I'd like them evenly I suppose
__________________________________________________ _____________________
__________________________________________________ _____________________

Now without further ado, I present my Episode Synopsis!
I learned from writing these that it's hard to come-up with 25 episode concepts for an animated TV show, but fun!

Episode Synopsis!
**Spoiler Warning**

Episode 1: “A Very Weird Day”

Mack wakes up to a very unusual broadcast on TV: A man looking like something out of a 1950’s sitcom is barbequing. “Kiss the Cook” apron intact! And, he says, “There have been a few changes while you were all asleep. We have staged a bloodless coup! Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hank: Your new emperor!!!”. That day at school, he meets to new students: Tazer-Girl, and Bottle-Girl! On his way back home he’s attacked by a thug and grabs a nearby Lead-Pipe to defend himself: revealing his hidden abilities!

Episode 2: “Hammerac and the Cowboy”

Just after his battle with the thug, Goblin Cowboy appears to Mack to explain what happened, then disappears. The next day, after school, Tazer-Girl lures him over to her house where he meets Sol, Tessie’s Brother! He helps himself to a donut he thought was up for grabs and sends Sol (Hammerac) into a FURY!!! That night, a very tired Mack returns home to see a very weird used-car commercial on TV!

Episode 3: “Lead-Pipe-Path”

Bottle-Girl takes Mack to a dojo explaining everything he needs to know about the Lead-Pipe. Unfortunately, Hammerac is waiting for him outside the dojo! Their battle is cut short as a group of monsters called units 1-5 appear! Mack and Hammerac team-up to kill them and then are about to resume their duel when Tazer-Girl appears just in time to shock her brother unconscious and stop the fight! It is then that Tazer-Girl and Bottle-Girl meet each-other for the first time, and realize they’re after the same guy!!!

Episode 4: “Love Triangle”

A week has passed since the last ep., and the girls have become VERY competitive! Mack looks for a way to tell the girls that he’s not ready to commit to either of them. Meanwhile the nameless ones have just found out that Units 1-5 are all dead. They start to plan Unit 6, and have plans for Hank as well!

Episode 5: “Hank is Missing!”

Emperor Hank has been abducted by the nameless ones!
Meanwhile, Mack learns of a scat-contest and competes against it’s champion: Chocolate Vampire!!!

Episode 6: “Lead-Pipe-Mackie”

The nameless ones turn a Washington D.C. vending machine into Unit 6: a monster named Vending-Vendetta! Which devours the White-House! As the military fight VV, Mack is challenged to a duel to the death by a W.H.A.P. a Bat-wheilding maniac determined to make a name for himself by killing at least 13 Lead-Pipe Warriors!!

Episode 7: “Emperor Hank’s Dimension: Part One”

Uncle Frank shows up at Mackie’s door, with a certain request: To Rescue Emperor Hank! They go to Emperor Hank’s home, in another dimension to battle the nameless ones when he learns of their new ally: Hammerac!!!

Episode 8: “Emperor Hank’s Dimension: Part Two”

Mackie is overwhelmed until help arrives! Goblin Cowboy and the Girls show-up just in time to help. An entire battalion of nameless ones is wiped-out, and Hammerac is once-again rendered unconscious by his sister. Emperor Hank is SAVED!

Episode 9: “Pie”

**PARADY OF THE INDEPENDENT FILM “PI”**
A baker discovers the secret of the universe in a recipe for Boysenberry Pie! Now, he’s the target of cults, Gov’t Agents, and other evil entities! Can Mackie, Tessie, and Jessica protect him?
This Episode will be in black and white and will be drawn in an American style regardless of the art-style I use for the rest of the series.

Episode 10: “The Scat Kings: Part One”

The Scat contest finals are in Washington D.C. (despite all the mayhem still being caused by Vending Vendetta), and Mackie and Chester are going! However, Hammerac is following! As Mackie and Chester enter the contest Hammerac gets sidetracked fighting Vending Vendetta! Who will win!

Episode 11: “The Scat Kings: Part Two”

The Scat contest continues and is heating-up! Meanwhile, the military, freaked out that Hammerac single-handedly killed VV, has turned their weapons on him!!! They soon regret that decision!

Episode 12: “The Scat Kings: Part Three”

The nameless ones, pissed off at Hammerac for killing Vending Vendetta, attack him! As the battle rages on, the scat competition is down to just Lead-Pipe-Mackie and Chocolate Vampire! Only, one will be crowned, The Scat King!!!

Episode 13: “Nadine”

**PARADY OF THE INDEPENDENT FILM “NADJA”**
While, traveling in New York, Tazer-Girl encounters a Half-Vampire Girl named Nadine. The two for a bond as they both have odd relationships with their brothers.
This Episode will be in black and white and will be drawn in an American style regardless of the art-style I use for the rest of the series.

Episode 14: “Vandal!”

Goblin Cowboy’s used car lot is being vandalized by Frog-Face, a froglike creature that vomits coins at his enemies. It’s up to Mackie and the Girls to put a stop to it!

Episode 15: “Lead-Pipe-Musashi”

Bottle-Girl obtains a copy of the “Go Rin No Sho” for Mackie. As she helps him study it she enjoys all the time they spend alone together, and hopes this will help her win his heart! Will his new skills he learned from the book help him when he’s challenged by Kouji, a lead-pipe-Rônin?
This Episode will be done in the Anime style regardless of which style I use for the rest of the series.

Episode 16: “The Answer”

Mackie goes off on a quest to find out why so many weird things have been happening lately. He suspects they are all related. However, Hammerac interferes! But after the battle’s over, he finds the answer!
Spoiler:
There is no connection. All the weird things are unrelated. It’s just odd fate that they’re all happening at once!

Episode 17: “Cyberworld Shuffle”

A new V.R. device allows people to enter the computer world. Where Mack and his friends encounter something sinister!
I’m hoping to do the Cyberworld scenes in 3-D CGI even though the rest of the series is going to be cel-animation!

Episode 18: “Scat-Duel Boogie”

A fellow scat-singer challenges both Mackie and Chocolate Vampire to a friendly scat-match. But, it’sd ruined when Hammerac shows up!

Episode 19: “Pipes and Blades”

The nameless ones create Unit 7, A fighter with a real sword! He and Mackie engage in a massive one-on-one Deathmatch! Who will come out alive?!?!

Episode 20: “Monster Blues”

The nameless ones send forth Unit 8, a big blue monster! But, he’s not like the other monsters. Somehow he has a soft-spot for Chester’s harmonica music! Can music tame this savage beast?

Episode 21: “Heart to Heart”

The love-triangle between Mack, Bottle-Girl, and Tazer-girl takes center stage as the girls finally demand that Mackie choose between them!
Spoiler:
They eventually decide to share him!

Episode 22: “Death and Destruction and don’t forget the Chaos!: Part One”

Uncle Frank shows up with urgent news: Emperor Hank is being attacked again!! The nameless ones are invading!!! Mack and his friends come to his aid only to find a big, bad surprise: Units 9-12! And, they’re Iron-tough!

Episode 23: “Death and Destruction and don’t forget the Chaos!: Part Two”

Mackie and friends defeat the three monsters, only to discover another threat: Hammerac is here, and he’s ready for the final battle!! Mack’s friends battle the army of the nameless ones as Mack and Hammerac begin to fight. Many nameless ones are getting killed by getting in the middle of the fight between Mack and Hammerac! But, just then the nameless ones unleash Unit 13, who knocks Mackie off a cliff!

Episode 24: “Death and Destruction and don’t forget the Chaos!: Part Three”

Injured, laying at the bottom of a cliff, Mack finds himself battling the ghosts of his former vanquished foes! His confidence is shattered by Unit 13, but as he remembers his love for his friends his spirit and body recover! He defeats the ghosts, and energized with a new energy he jumps back up the cliff, kills Unit 13 in one blow, and begins his duel with Hammerac, at the top of an active volcano!

Episode 25: “Death and Destruction and don’t forget the Chaos!: Part Four”

**SEASON FINALE**
The volcano erupts as Mack and Hammerac battle, but NOTHING will distract these warriors! They will fight until it’s all over, volcano or not! Meanwhile, Mack’s friends finish off the remaining nameless ones. Then, when all the fighting is over, it’s time to learn the truth about Emperor Hank!

Last edited by Tetsu Deinonychus; 05-12-2006 at 02:48 AM.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:33 PM   #16
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

not too bad for a set of synopsis.....actually they sound interesting.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Old 09-15-2003, 09:44 PM   #17
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Thank you! Sci-Freak

So nice of you to say so.

Now, I just need to decide on an art style, and come up with a series title.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:51 PM   #18
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

I am confident that you will come up with an art style and a title for your show.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Old 09-15-2003, 09:56 PM   #19
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

you mean synopsis. Synapses are parts of neurons in your Nervous System.. .

interesting...what art style would you have?
Old 09-15-2003, 10:07 PM   #20
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Oops

Oops! I DID mean synopsis!

I guess my synapses weren't working right or I would have noticed that.
I've got some editing to do.

Anyway, I'm thinking sort of a semi-anime style similar to the new TMNT show, so the style-switch episodes will stand out.