The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What was Abigail Finn?! ((Yeesh, I cant spell today...))
That was a Man whose been kicked one too many times!!! 0 0%
That was a Steroid-laden woman, listen to the voice! 17 42.50%
A buffed up Keanu Reeves? (dont ask...)) 1 2.50%
A wrestler with a last attempt of saving her reputation. (maybe she should run for governor?) 4 10.00%
Sex change operation gone ALL Wrong! ((Steve Irwin?!)) 18 45.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 02:25 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

New Episode Discussion: "the Monster Hunter'

Salutations!

*evil chuckle* Yes, It is I, bringing you another New ep discussion. At least its not the week before, right?

This week...

Yep, the boys have a serious case of cabin fever. Trips out into the forests have resulted in a scientist called "the monster hunter" coming into the woods, searching for a strange legendary green monster thats been sighted in the woods. Mike, Don and Casey plan to have a lil fun with the good doctor. Heh, I bet Splinter's REAL happy with the boys now...

Leonardo forges his new swords and new beginnings with the Help of Raphael. Possible character development? Nahhh....

Uh..heh, okay, there IS a strange green monster in the woods. Hmm. Well, let's see if the guys can manage this mess...
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 09-20-2003, 08:02 AM   #2
Dr. Doom
Allons-y!

Kinda crappy episode if you ask me. Next week will prolly be interesting tho.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:04 AM   #3
Eye of Sarnath
Mad Scientist

Turtle bloopers= win.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:08 AM   #4
Zilla
Thug

ya, this episode wasnt so hot. Though leo getting his swords is always awsome . I just wish they showed us more of him making em.

but that hunter man/woman @_@ scary stuff...

heehee
footsoldier: you know i was contemplating that i cant belch on command...

anyone else think they used the game engine to make that little short?
Old 09-20-2003, 08:08 AM   #5
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

That blooper was funny... reminded me of the interview for Mike's voice actor. He mentioned not being able to belch on command...

This was...interesting. Surprised my when I heard the female voice from the hunter, but then again, maybe Aussie women are like that...

The one truly reedeeming aspect of this, was Leo and Raph. In the little time they showed, I could ssee some character development. I felt so bad for Leo when he was all wrapped up and barely able to use his arm...

Then Raph came in, and helped him out... for once, I can say, "Raph was so nice"...
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 09-20-2003, 08:08 AM   #6
Stefano
Stone Warrior

i liked it. I liked caseys goongala. the monster hunter was annoying as all hell. The monster looked like a huge sloth

Utrom: this says ritc sir, and its written in crayon sir!
Something wicked this way comes
Mr. Show is the best!
Old 09-20-2003, 08:09 AM   #7
Apple Cat
Stone Warrior

was that a guy or a girl?
Old 09-20-2003, 08:10 AM   #8
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

*inserts poll*
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 09-20-2003, 08:10 AM   #9
Eye of Sarnath
Mad Scientist

Quote:
anyone else think they used the game engine to make that little short?
I was acutally wondering that. I'd have to see it again to tell for sure though.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:10 AM   #10
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

I thought this was a great episode...i didnt like the opening nararation but the rest of the episode after the first comercial was pretty good i think.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:11 AM   #11
Stefano
Stone Warrior

i liked the opening narreration because its like a skit on mr. show. Thats the funniest show.

Mr. Show is the best!
Old 09-20-2003, 08:13 AM   #12
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Polls UP!
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 09-20-2003, 08:14 AM   #13
Eye of Sarnath
Mad Scientist

I think it was a pretty good episode... not much you can do with the TMNT is the middle of nowhere. At least we know for certain that next week's episode will be good. Unless I'm mistaken, it starts the return to New York storyline.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:18 AM   #14
Nturtle
Ninja Master

Meh, I agree with what most people ave said, not a great episode... I too was confused about the Monster hnter being a woman. I think there was a little irony in there becase both monster and monster hunter were females but looked like males

I wanted to see more of leo making his swords, oh well. I liked how April called Casey a village idiot and Mikey's eating pistachio nuts

I didn't see those bloopers, I missed that

At the very end when the turtles decide to go back to New York, it seemed squezed in, I think that wasn't too well done...
Old 09-20-2003, 08:21 AM   #15
Zilla
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nturtle
At the very end when the turtles decide to go back to New York, it seemed squezed in, I think that wasn't too well done...
right there at the end, it seemed to cut out so quickly it sounded like leo was cut off.

"guys, i think its time to return to new yor....*credits*

I think what they did wrong was they tried to put too much critical information in more of a filler episode. They should of focused a bit more on leo and raph and less on the monster hunter.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:24 AM   #16
Stefano
Stone Warrior

im suprised there going back after only two episodes.

Mr. Show is the best!
Old 09-20-2003, 08:26 AM   #17
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

It seemed like they were only there for a few days... *shrug* I thought Leo'd need more time to heal, unless its that superhealing theng from the mutation..
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 09-20-2003, 08:29 AM   #18
jestergoblin
Stone Warrior

Did anyone else think that Casey's eyes looked like the old Shredder's when he was caught with a net?
Old 09-20-2003, 08:32 AM   #19
Nturtle
Ninja Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin
Did anyone else think that Casey's eyes looked like the old Shredder's when he was caught with a net?
can't say I noticed that, but I think that the gender of the monster hunter will be something to be debated for years to come
Old 09-20-2003, 08:34 AM   #20
X
Stone Warrior

Sup all, I'm new here. This topic made me sign up to chat on these forums... Anyhow, I actually loved this episode. It had (for once,) some very good humor, and the narative by Mikey was pretty funny (BOOGA BOOGA.)

And being a screenwriter, they (the Turtles) coulda actually revealed themselves to the Monster Hunter to set up further episodes where she would want revenge for messing up her chances for a network show.

Bottom line, I thought it was a good episode. To tell the truth, we need more filler episodes that introduce more characters.
Closed Thread