The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-28-2018, 09:06 AM   #1
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Movies people are surprised you haven't seen yet?

Braveheart
Planes, Trains, & Automobiles
Weird Science
Harry Potter series
The Godfather series
A Clockwork Orange
Apocalypse Now
Honey*

I think those are the ones that keep coming up in conversations and everyones always straight up BEWILDERED that I haven't see these.

(*I've only seen Honey 2 - a movie so wonderfully awful I insist on showing it to my friends all the time. So when I admit I havent seen the first one, they always go "WHAT!" which is why it's on the list)

Spoiler:
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:11 AM   #2
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Princess and the Frog
Treasure Planet
Atlantis

I actually have a deal with my roommates, that we're all going to subject each other to movies we haven't seen.
We recently made one of them watch the first TMNT movie, and at some point we'll move onto Secret of the Ooze.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:21 AM   #3
newfan
Mad Scientist

I've never heard of Honey never mind not seen it
Can't think of anything currently, still not seen all of Rogue one.

Otherwise back about 9 years ago: the Lethal Weapon movies.. The person I was with at the time was totally shocked at that, couldn't believe that I hadn't seen those....then tells me he'd never seen the Die Hard movies! So we both had a catch up

Last edited by newfan; 04-28-2018 at 10:45 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:36 AM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Can't think of any... Either I just haven't discussed movies that much with other people or I've seen the majority of those that would actually be surprising. (It does take me a while to catch most newer ones though since it's rare I see them in theater.)

On the flip side, two friends kind of surprised me though.

One is a sensitive enough of a soul that she has never seen the entirety of ET. Apparently she got to the quarantine part where ET is trying to die and bailed on it, never to return to it.

The other has never seen [drum roll please]... The Wizard of Oz. Who does that? Well, besides her.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 01:24 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Braveheart
Planes, Trains, & Automobiles
Weird Science
Harry Potter series
The Godfather series
A Clockwork Orange
Apocalypse Now
Honey*

I think those are the ones that keep coming up in conversations and everyones always straight up BEWILDERED that I haven't see these.

(*I've only seen Honey 2 - a movie so wonderfully awful I insist on showing it to my friends all the time. So when I admit I havent seen the first one, they always go "WHAT!" which is why it's on the list)
That is strange, you SHOULD see all those movies. Well not so much Harry Potter if you're not interested in it, I haven't, but the others are all iconic movies.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 01:32 PM   #6
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That is strange, you SHOULD see all those movies. Well not so much Harry Potter if you're not interested in it, I haven't, but the others are all iconic movies.
I haven't see the last 3 on Krutch's list.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 01:41 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Anything Star Wars and Star Trek related.

Except for that one time in class where we all had to watch the Phantom Menance to learn how not to make a movie
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 04-28-2018 at 05:47 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:29 PM   #8
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Let me guess, Insurrection or Nemesis? Or Final Frontier. Those are the only one off hand that really make sense to watch in a class for that reason. SW trilogy is fine, but maybe the prequels might fit.

As for movies I haven't seeen- Man of Steel, BvS, Incredibles, and the Hunger Games or Twilight series. I mean, I TRIED to watch the first Twilight movie, but I just couldn't force myself to finish it. I didn't get more than four chapters into the book, either.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 06:30 PM   #9
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Indiana Jones Movies haven't seen a single one
Cap America The Winter Soldier

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 06:37 PM   #10
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I've never heard of Honey never mind not seen it
Can't think of anything currently, still not seen all of Rogue one.

Otherwise back about 9 years ago: the Lethal Weapon movies.. The person I was with at the time was totally shocked at that, couldn't believe that I hadn't seen those....then tells me he'd never seen the Die Hard movies! So we both had a catch up

I think the Honey movies he is referring to are the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids/Blew Up the Baby/We Shrunk Ourselves movies.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:00 PM   #11
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Yeah im just not interested in Harry Potter. Stanley Kubric I appreciate but I need to be in the right headspace to watch his work, so, Clockwork Orange has been on the backburner for a long while. I'm not a fan of war movies, which kills any desire to watch Apocolypse Now and Braveheart. And the others on the list just seem boring to me and doesnt have enough going on that interests me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I mean, I TRIED to watch the first Twilight movie, but I just couldn't force myself to finish it. I didn't get more than four chapters into the book, either.
That first Twilight movie is gold. It's perfect "so bad its good" shlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I think the Honey movies he is referring to are the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids/Blew Up the Baby/We Shrunk Ourselves movies.
Nope, I meant Honey, as in...

I have no desire to see it. But the sequel was hilariously bad it's earned repeated viewings. And it features our upcoming April O'Neil , Kat Graham.

Spoiler:
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:09 PM   #12
Prowler
Emperor

Too many to count... so I'm just gonna say this:

Haven't really seen any movie that came out this decade.

As for "older" movies, the first big title I can think of is Pulp Fiction.

I have seen The Godfather, however. Only the 1st one, though.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:23 PM   #13
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Yeah im just not interested in Harry Potter. Stanley Kubric I appreciate but I need to be in the right headspace to watch his work, so, Clockwork Orange has been on the backburner for a long while. I'm not a fan of war movies, which kills any desire to watch Apocolypse Now and Braveheart. And the others on the list just seem boring to me and doesnt have enough going on that interests me.

That first Twilight movie is gold. It's perfect "so bad its good" shlock.

Nope, I meant Honey, as in...
https://cdn2.cdnme.se/cdn/8-1/319992..._188105587.jpg

I have no desire to see it. But the sequel was hilariously bad it's earned repeated viewings. And it features our upcoming April O'Neil , Kat Graham.
https://art-s.nflximg.net/dfee4/367d...85468dfee4.jpg

Huh. Never even HEARD of those two. Then again, never really paid much attention to that type of movie. Neber seen any of the Step Up or Bring It On movies either, beyond the first Bring it On with Kirsten Dundst(sp?). Lambada, the Forbidden Dance was the last movie of that genra I cared for. And that was back in the 80's or 90's.

Old 04-29-2018, 01:36 PM   #14
Ninjinister
無問題

Pretty much the ones I have no interest in, like yeah, Harry Potter. People will name-drop characters and events all the time in conversation and references and I'll have no idea what that is and people will freak out. I seem to be unable (or on a subconscious level, unwilling) to retain this information because I don't know any character names outside of Harry no matter how many times someone talks about them, and I don't even know the names of any books/movies.

The other ones are movies I haven't seen in ages. I saw the Indiana Jones trilogy back when it was first airing on TV and never again since. I think the last time I saw either of the Ghostbusters movies was upon my first girlfriend's insistence and that was somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 years ago. So I won't remember specific scenes from those and people lose their s**t because OMG how dare you forget this pop culture icon.

The bigger problem facing me today is my memory is getting worse, like not even on the level of most people my age. I have gotten lost in places I've been hundreds of times and forget the names of people I've seen pretty much daily for years. So even movies and shows and such I do like and have seen a lot... I can't remember most details anymore.

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

I make video games. Please buy them.

Last edited by Ninjinister; 04-29-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:07 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since 2017 I watched around 500+ movies to now on 1.5x times speed at a rate of 2-3 movies per night. I just went through every major actors rotten page and watched all the movies that got good reviews. I've now feel like I've seen almost every major movie from the 80's, 90's and the 2000's to present, as well as a lot from the 70's and a few from the 60's as well.

I can't really sit through older movies from the 50's or prior though, with very few exceptions. Not even counting the black and white, old movies are just too "slow" and take forever to get going. Even on 1.5x speed they're still too slow. Of course there are exceptions like Wizard of Oz, some classic Disney movies, Vertigo, etc.
Old 04-29-2018, 02:11 PM   #16
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Since 2017 I watched around 500+ movies to now on 1.5x times speed at a rate of 2-3 movies per night. I just went through every major actors rotten page and watched all the movies that got good reviews. I've now feel like I've seen almost every major movie from the 80's, 90's and the 2000's to present, as well as a lot from the 70's and a few from the 60's as well.

I can't really sit through older movies from the 50's or prior though, with very few exceptions. Not even counting the black and white, old movies are just too "slow" and take forever to get going. Even on 1.5x speed they're still too slow. Of course there are exceptions like Wizard of Oz, some classic Disney movies, Vertigo, etc.
And you still find time to post on 10-15 forums? You really are a timelord
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:16 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
And you still find time to post on 10-15 forums? You really are a timelord
Since I'm watching these movies on the computer, I usually have a few other windows open of various forums. Sometimes I browse forums when I'm watching a movie at the slower points.

It's great to multi-task.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:10 AM   #18
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Black Panther...because I'm black. -_-

Most of the Disney films in the same ilk as Frozen. The CG stuff.

The Godfather series.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:28 AM   #19
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Its funny I know basically everything about episode 1-6, I can tell you the characters, what happens in the plot,who becomes who but I have never seen any of the Star Wars films.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:08 AM   #20
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Its funny I know basically everything about episode 1-6, I can tell you the characters, what happens in the plot,who becomes who but I have never seen any of the Star Wars films.
Geek Osmosis is a powerful thing.

To that, I've never seen RoboCop, and have never seen the Highlander.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote