The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-01-2016, 11:08 AM   #1
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Official Contest - Design Artwork for TMNT:Out of the Shadows

Design artwork for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Quote:
To celebrate the theatrical release of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, artists from around the world are invited to design an eye-catching sewer access cover inspired by the newest installment of the franchise.

In order to attempt to save the city and people they love, the Turtles are forced to risk it all and emerge from underground, out into a world that doesn’t always accept them. Through art, we want to explore this concept of coming out of the shadows.

Please read the "Things to Consider" section below before starting your design. Artists must download the provided template when creating their artwork. Artists should also download the Artist Brief and Artist Toolkit to help aid in their submission.

Twenty Selected Finalists, as chosen by Paramount Pictures, will receive exposure for their work across Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows and Talenthouse’s social media channels. From the twenty Selected Finalists, five Overall Selected Artists will be selected and receive $1,000 each. The remaining fifteen artists will receive $200 each.

All twenty pieces of selected artwork will be printed onto sewer access covers and will be featured at selected global events.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #2
Mew
Banned

I am doing this!!!
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:28 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Was hoping it was going to be character art, some people do them real well, but this sounds cool too. Not to mention sounds like a decent challenge to do something with a manhole cover that's somehow eye-catching and inspired by the film.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:41 PM   #4
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Was hoping it was going to be character art, some people do them real well, but this sounds cool too. Not to mention sounds like a decent challenge to do something with a manhole cover that's somehow eye-catching and inspired by the film.
it is character art.
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:38 PM   #5
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

One thing I noticed about this contest is, even though the Artist who would win this, they are getting a lot of money, but I'm surprise Paramount isn't doing something like, the winner going to the red carpet premiere.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:50 PM   #6
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Y'know, usually I'd love the chance to draw something that'd have some "official" inclusion in TMNT lore, even on a tiny level... but...

Old 04-01-2016, 05:59 PM   #7
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Hey, all you suckers on Japanese deviantArt the Internet, you wanna get some money? Now you can! Just draw us some ugly-as-hell shrek Turtles in honor for a f*cking awful sequel to a craptastic movie and ruin your reputation in the eyes of anyone who actually respects TMNT!

Even if I could draw I wouldn't do this -.-
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:03 PM   #8
Powder
So tired of this place

They should have us re-design their films look, if anything.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:06 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Alright, so if they are allowing characters to be depicted on it... then this is mostly just art in the confines of a circle rather than being, well, a manhole cover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
One thing I noticed about this contest is, even though the Artist who would win this, they are getting a lot of money, but I'm surprise Paramount isn't doing something like, the winner going to the red carpet premiere.
Well, it sounds like it's just (not to diminish it with the use of 'just') some fun little thing they're doing as a promo that could get work noticed, but not a big single winner search for one piece of art out of a particular need for it. Those prizes aren't all that big.

Maybe it's somewhat similar to the various art that was done for the first and given out as posters via theaters? Not necessarily for the same use, but a collection of works chosen.

Hey look... free copy of their font, cool. And Photoshop file of logo.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:32 PM   #10
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Y'know, usually I'd love the chance to draw something that'd have some "official" inclusion in TMNT lore, even on a tiny level... but...

Concept:

Simple manhole cover with the words

"Human Waste Depository Here"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:30 AM   #11
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

just for the record...that is NOT a lot of money for this work...
they are cheapskates those bums...
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 04:27 PM   #12
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The real reward is the exposure. So those who can do the good stuff, get crackin' - unless it's not a desirable avenue of exposure for you, I guess.

Were it supposed to actually look like a manhole cover, or "sewer access cover" as they so fancily put it, and just be text and whatnot I might have given it a go just for fun, but if people are able to put the characters on it... I'm out, not a chance in heck compared to many out there. lol
Old 06-03-2016, 08:42 PM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
All twenty pieces of selected artwork will be printed onto sewer access covers and will be featured at selected global events.
What became of this? Any hint anywhere of these being used at any premieres or whatnot? Did any of you guys do it?