The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 09:33 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The Platnium Dunes Punks

Seems that if you don't conform to a certain pack mentality, that you're condemned in that section. There's a small "click" there that target people for their autism and for their enjoyment levels of something they wish nothing but failure.

I had to get a PM from someone telling me they had my back and I shouldn't let these turds depress me. It suddenly came to my attention that one of them was targetting me for my aspergers. That's not on. When you have people starting to belittle others for very real social problems, the line is crossed. There's a good chance they themselves are autistic also.

Seriously, these people act like a Fred Wolf homage was Brexit or a Trump campaign
Old 06-26-2016, 10:18 AM   #2
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yeah, that section is a cesspool. It's really hard for people to just be like "hey, I don't like thing" and move on for some reason. Instead they have to spend crazy amounts of time and energy bashing it and anyone who likes it.

****** that they're talking ish about your mental stuff, too.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:38 AM   #3
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
There's a small "click" there that target people for their autism...
Hey... Don't I recall you saying that people had autism (or was it Asperger's?) as an insult in that very section, I believe in that poll thread that got deleted? You were called out on it too, weren't you?

You're in a glass house. Put the stones away.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:42 AM   #4
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

If you like this movie, you are mocked, insulted, and shouted down; you have to hide the fact you like it. Just like if you don't worship mirage on these boards, you're painting a big old bulls eye on your forehead. And if you comaplain, you're 'soft' 'childish', and 'weak'.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:44 AM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
If you like this movie, you are mocked, insulted, anbd shouted down; you have to hide the fact you like it. Just like if you don't worship mirage on these boards, you're painting a big old bulls eye on your forehead.
Or if you don't like Fred Wolf. Cuts both ways.

We all need to simmer down like a fine wine. Or juice, depending on the age.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:48 AM   #6
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

That's the issue -- there's no one single "definitive" version of this property, and people get extremely protective of their personal favourite. It absolutely goes both ways -- people get defensive and punchy if someone makes fun of the version they like, and people get confrontational if others like a version they consider inferior. Blaming one "side" over the other(s) is just part of the problem, one more line of division that keeps people fighting. This thread isn't helping, it's making it worse.

IMO, we all just need to stop being so precious about our opinions. Nothing on these forums is going to stop the Earth from spinning. Relax.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:00 AM   #7
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I agree that we should stop fighting over versions, but things here have gotten toxic; A fan of the PD movies try to start a discussion, and the people who hate the films leave an insult and it degenerates into a flame war. Somebody makes a Fred wolf post,and a Mirage fan can't help themselves from stopping by and leaving an insult. And yes, it goes both ways.

It needs to stop. If you're a fred wolf fan and you see a mirage thread, steer on by and ignore it, if you love the platinum dunes movies and see a hate thread, just steer on by and go to another thread. Same goes for the mirage fans and PD haters. The people who like what you hate are not plants, not children, and not crazy; they just have a different opinion. and the toxicity from both sides needs to stop.

seriously, when threads joking about causing bodily harm to someone one the other side of the movie love/hate war are being made, something is definitely wrong.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:15 AM   #8
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Sure. But I mean, forums by nature encourage discussion and debate. So it's not like that's gonna go away. People are going to criticize things they dislike no matter what -- we've gotta stop looking at that as a gauntlet being thrown down. Nobody needs to defend BayTurtles' honour; Michael Bay doesn't know or care about any of us or our opinions, he's too busy buying sports cars. And Peter Laird's too busy making pottery to worry about Mirage being respected by everyone here.

I don't see a problem with criticism or debate or even the occasional argument, so long as people keep some perspective about it. Stay on the actual topic and don't get personal. We're talking about comics and movies and TV shows. If someone's making ableist insults or threatening bodily harm, they've clearly gotta put their keyboard or phone away and get some air. This isn't life-or-death stuff.

And it's absolutely both sides, but when there's stuff like a "secret" group dedicated to people personally complaining about posters who don't agree with them? That crap is absolutely going to spill over into the rest of the community.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:22 AM   #9
ToTheNines
[sic]

I'm stealing this thread title for my documentary exposing Andrew Form and Brad Fuller.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:26 AM   #10
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I'm stealing this thread title for my documentary exposing Andrew Form and Brad Fuller.
Nice.

I was just going to use the name for a grunge rock band...
Old 06-26-2016, 11:29 AM   #11
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Could someone just lock this thread actually? I've been apologising to everyone involved in this mess, and I want to let it go now.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:32 AM   #12
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Could someone just lock this thread actually? I've been apologising to everyone involved in this mess, and I want to let it go now.
You really shouldn't use those words without a picture of Elsa. C'mon, man...
Old 06-26-2016, 11:37 AM   #13
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
You really shouldn't use those words without a picture of Elsa. C'mon, man...
am i doing this right

(Seriously, it's fine, we're all gonna be fine. I think we've all had enough fighting.)
Old 06-26-2016, 11:45 AM   #14
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
am i doing this right

https://i.imgur.com/JEmOWOp.gif

(Seriously, it's fine, we're all gonna be fine. I think we've all had enough fighting.)
THAT'S how you say "Let it go." Proudly, confidently, and with a wave of your white-blonde hair.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:43 PM   #15
Electric
Epic Hiatus

It's a loud minority in that section. If you read the polls ( all of them ) they staggeringly show most people enjoyed the movie, compared to those who didn't.

Those who don't just feel obligated to try and ruin it for everyone. It's amusing
Old 06-26-2016, 12:50 PM   #16
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Just like if you don't worship mirage on these boards, you're painting a big old bulls eye on your forehead. And if you comaplain, you're 'soft' 'childish', and 'weak'.
Say what??? I have literally seen none of what you said actually happen since I first got here.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:52 PM   #17
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
It's a loud minority in that section. If you read the polls ( all of them ) they staggeringly show most people enjoyed the movie, compared to those who didn't.

Those who don't just feel obligated to try and ruin it for everyone. It's amusing
You're amusing.
Closed Thread