AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Batman/TMNT Adventures #1 Preview & Discussion

Preview here.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 03:39 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm quite excited for this. It'll be interesting to see how different it is than the IDW/DC comic version of the crossover.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:37 AM   #3
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

nice

Looks fun. Fans of the series should be psyched, I'm sure it'll be some really great issues for them.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:39 AM   #4
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

The art actually looks pretty decent.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:10 AM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

Ok, so basically the story here is that the Bat-Villains are fleeing through a Kraang portal to escape Batman, essentially the reverse of the other crossover. It's fine so far, which is what I felt about other one. Though since this is a crossover between a version of Batman we haven't seen much from in the last 10 years, and a version of TMNT that is on it's last legs, I hope it doesn't play it as safe as the other crossover.

And there's also a Teen Titans GO reference, a really blatant one.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:33 AM   #6
ChosenOne
Banned

Enjoyed this much more than I thought I would, especially having recently gotten into the Nick cartoon.

That Clayface fight was awesome! I hope there's more of that sort of stuff yet to come!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:33 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Clayface fight was fun as well as Mikey's name for him.

I'm glad in this comic Joker looks to be the main villain teaming up with Shredder as opposed to Ra's Al Gul in the previous, its a nice change of pace since Joker only had a very small role in the other one.

I hope they don't waste too much time on introductions and first meetings as that would be retreading the same ground as the previous crossover, so I hope the Turtles and Batman get along fast.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:17 PM   #8
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Mudbutt.

Sassy Alfred is sassy.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:24 PM   #9
Ninjinister
無問題

A'ight so I thought I knew my Batman auxiliary cast but apparently I don't. Who is that who is walking next to Aaron outside of Hagen's cell? Looks like her label reads "Patrick, B." but I have no recollection of who that could be.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:45 PM   #10
ToTheNines
[sic]

Wow, can't believe this happened! Gonna be a special mini.

I'd give a short review, but I'm still speechless.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:23 PM   #11
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Here's my full summary and review of Batman/TMNT Adventures #1 at TMNT Entity.

I'll confess that there's a somewhat diminished sense of excitement, since this is our second Batman miniseries, but I'm enjoying it so far. I'm more familiar with The Animated Series Batman than New 52 Batman, so this incarnation speaks to me a bit better.

Enjoyed the art from Sommariva and really liked Ito's colors. A bit disappointed that we're hitting similar territory from the first crossover (the Turtles bump into a second string Bat rogue in the sewers and beat them handily), but hopefully things diverge in the following issues.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:02 PM   #12
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
A bit disappointed that we're hitting similar territory from the first crossover (the Turtles bump into a second string Bat rogue in the sewers and beat them handily), but hopefully things diverge in the following issues.
Hey, now, Clayface was no 2nd-stringer in BTAS! He was basically the most terrifying type of villain because he could go anywhere and just about do anything, quite a rarity for a rogue in that show largely grounded in reality. He got rare appearances since he was so powerful. Eventually, of course, Batman figured out how to make him his personal footstool.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:05 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

From what I remember, Clayface's last canon appearance in the DCAU was in a Justice League Season 2 episode. Wasn't it the one where they fought in the huge football stadium? I think he was shot into the air with fireworks from what I remember.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:12 AM   #14
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Here's my full summary and review of Batman/TMNT Adventures #1 at TMNT Entity.

I'll confess that there's a somewhat diminished sense of excitement, since this is our second Batman miniseries, but I'm enjoying it so far. I'm more familiar with The Animated Series Batman than New 52 Batman, so this incarnation speaks to me a bit better.

Enjoyed the art from Sommariva and really liked Ito's colors. A bit disappointed that we're hitting similar territory from the first crossover (the Turtles bump into a second string Bat rogue in the sewers and beat them handily), but hopefully things diverge in the following issues.
As for placement, according to this interview, the Batman stuff takes place after the original run but before the TNBA revamp (I would assume before Sub-Zero).

The turtles stuff takes place during season 3. After Battle for New York, but before Dinosaur in the Sewers.

Link: http://www.cbr.com/batmantmnt-advent...-for-all-ages/
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 08:33 AM   #15
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It does Spengler because we get the definitive Robin and Batgirl instead of Damien and the others.I get the retread of Clayface opposed to Killer Croc and the dimensional portal. Penguin was the featured foe that met with The Shredder along with Ra's. This time Joker has a prominent role. We might get Poison Ivy and Mad Hatter judging by the cover to #2.I knew it from the start. Its weird reading the Nick version. I actually like Batman better than TMNT in this regard. Never thought I would think that. Avoiding the last season of B:TAS makes it my Batman while the Nick one's are not my Ninja Turtles. From the Batman viewpoint I freaking love it!
Old 11-11-2016, 08:50 AM   #16
Kingoji
Hench Mutant

Enjoyed it, like the art, but one pretty big complaint is the last couple pages. Joker and Harley, especially in the Timm/Dini-verse, are NOT that formidable. They can just about intimidate regular mobsters, but even then not always, so the idea that they can mop up ninjas? nuh-uh.

Not a deal breaker though, and I'll be checking out the rest. That was just something that pulled me out of it rather than worked as a cliffhanger.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:55 AM   #17
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I just kinda feel "eh." I mean, I liked it but I sure didn't love it.

Ugh. Freaking Nick Turtles.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:13 AM   #18
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I just kinda
Its like your in my head. Speaking of in my head, my default Raphael voice is Rob Paulsen which messes it up when I reading it and Raphael is supposed to coming out of Donatello and Barry Gordon voices Donatello for me.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:54 AM   #19
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Its like your in my head. Speaking of in my head, my default Raphael voice is Rob Paulsen which messes it up when I reading it and Raphael is supposed to coming out of Donatello and Barry Gordon voices Donatello for me.
The only thing that would make this miniseries better Batman-wise is if Robin was Jason Todd, not Dick Grayson!!!!

I kid, I kid.

Still, though... quite curious to see how Dick and Babs play into this. Following his Arkham rogues through a portal into an unknown battlefield seems like something Batman wouldn't risk bringing them along for.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:39 AM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Nick Turtles were excellent in this, I can't wait to see them interact with a "lighter" Batman, and then Dick and Babs.

Although I do think the 2k3 Turtles obviously fit the B:TAS universe much more, obviously the chances of seeing them do that crossover is slim to none.

Tags
batman/tmnt adventures, crossover