The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 11-06-2016, 08:53 AM   #1
syk_skillz
Foot Soldier

How would you reboot the movie franchise?

Id like to hear your guys idea on how you would reboot the movie series since there will not be a part 3. My ideas are below.

Movie #1) This would basically be a spinoff/prequel as it isn't about the turtles at all. The movie mould focus on the fued between Oroku Saki and Hamato Yoshi and there origins. The story will be in tone of the IDW comics. There are however many differences to the story. Yoshi isn't killed to be resurrected, he ends up working for TCRI which leads to his reason for his mutation, and the story always takes place in modern times. At the end Yoshi begins his mutation into Splinter and shows him taking in 4 turtles that was part of experiments of TCRI before coming down as his pets. Things that remain the same is Saki killing Tang Shen and Yoshi's son's. There's a lot more details to the story but would be a wall of text if wrote it all of. The movie would be cheap for the studio to make and would give us something from the movie from the movie franchises we haven't had before.

Movie #2) Besides for how the turtles meet April (and possibly Casey) the origin is done. Shreddar has risen to power over the last 14 years as leader of The Foot. He eventually finds out that Yoshi is still alive and plots to finish what he meant to 14 years earlier while still running his criminal underground operations.

Movie #3) As is previous films sequels Shreddar relies on his new Mutant henchman to help in getting his revenge on the Turtles and Splinter. A proper fight with Super Shreddar occurs, however he is not fully like those before him. Shreddar dies in this movie setting up future movies if any to focus on new threats.

*Notes*
1) Turtle are no taller then 5'9
2) The actors for the turtles wear body suits/prosthetics with heads being CGI. CGI used on body suits/prosthetics where and when needed.
3) Design of turtles are slim rather then bulky and muscular
4) Tone of movies is more serious, however still has plenty of humor which is less juvenile in the jokes.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:37 AM   #2
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Movie #1 would be a hard sell. It's cool to explore Yoshi and Saki's history but no TMNT means a no show for me. When I go to see a TMNT movie, I want to see TMNT. That's what plagued the first Bay movie. I would find the first movie extremely boring and that should be the one that really tries to capture the audience. Not having the TMNT in it isn't going to do that.

Also, I get what you're saying about not having them bulky because of the Bay movie going overboard. However, I would not want to see them real slim either. Something like the 1990 movie in body type would be good enough or something a little more turtley.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:59 AM   #3
syk_skillz
Foot Soldier

I know what you mean about the first movie which why it would be on the cheaper side as I said. It wouldn't even have to be the first movie but a spinoff for my diehard fans with what happened being stated briefly in a sceen in the first turtles movie as usual from splinter. Another idea is maybe have the first movie as a DTV PG-13 animated movie which is still in the universe of the new movies.

As for when I said slim I meant less muscular then the hulk like turtles from the bay movies. They still could have muscles but more to the tone of a highschool athlete so there movements actually look like they are ninjas. The 1990 tone would be good like you said although I rather they muscles be slightly smaller.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:12 AM   #4
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

(think I'll just leave this here...)

I think what is needed, if you're going to do a reboot, is something fresh for the audience they've never seen before. Retell the origin with a new spin, give the previous TMNT audience something fresh, while presenting the origin to the new people. In other words; don't use TMNT's big main bad except in the yoshi flashback to feudal Japan. Make his entrance at the very end a grand, dramatic moment, and give the character the full attention in movie 2 he deserves.

I say either IDW like the OP of this thread stated, or adapt mirage issue 2+3 with Baxter and the mousers, and intro April as Baxter's assistant. After the TMNT save her from the mousers, have Splinter tell her the origin in flashback like in 2k3 and the 1990 film (with Yoshi reincarnation splinter instead of pet rat splinter) throw in a small part with the rat king (the destruction of his subjects by the mousers will draw him in) and tease Shredder at the end of the film.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:19 PM   #5
Powder
So tired of this place

Please just look around the two movie sections for your answers, this thread has been done at least like 20 times in the last 3 years.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote