The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Anyone think the new gang portrayed here will be involved in City at War?
No, this ep was only full of cutsey fluff... 4 11.11%
Yeah, it sure sounded like it! 32 88.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 06:40 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

New Episode Discussion: "Lone Raph and Cub"

Yay! I can finally do this again!!!

*sighs* Splinter's Gone! Our boys are suffering from the loss of their father, and dont know what to do or where to start...

Raph, ever impatient and eager to find their beloved Sensei, decides to go off on his own. Heh, I would not want to be there when Leo finds out...

Well, Raph goes out on his own, and ends up meeting some kid....We ALL know how Raph's manners are, so you can guess how THIS team up went... ohh, the Mob's involved too! Maybe we'll get something like, "on the waterfront"...

Somehow, whatever powers that be, the kid and Raph somehow start to team up and go to help the kids mom. Hmm...she must be trying out the concrete shoes...
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 10-17-2003, 09:02 PM   #2
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Less than 12 hours folks!

Can you feel the pressure?
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 10-18-2003, 08:22 AM   #3
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

sory guys....*bangs head on desk* I slept in by accident...
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 10-18-2003, 08:23 AM   #4
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Not bad, but I dont want a break from the story. I thought raph was funny, like how he was irittated and impatient with the kid (tyler). The next episode looks pretty cool and they go back to shredders skyscraper thing.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:26 AM   #5
lethrhd
Hench Mutant

Liked how they introduced another gang. Liek someone else said bet theyll play a part in City at War whenever they get to that story arc.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:26 AM   #6
PanMan
Stone Warrior

yeah, i was really glad to see that they had the preview right after the ep. and it was a long preview

[February 19, 2005] I believe that The Shredder will appear in the New Cartoon past Season 3
Old 10-18-2003, 08:30 AM   #7
DarkNinja
Foot Soldier

I thought it was really cool how Raph had a whole episode pretty much to himself.
*"Green Vengeace... uhhh, never mind"
*i was surprised the kid wasn't scared of Raph (too much of a hothead i guess)
*they did pretty good working as a team when Raph couldn't see
*the first time I saw the boss reminded me of that dude on Spiderman
*i wonder how they relate to the story (i know the boss mentioned Shredder, but i don't think we've heard everything)
Old 10-18-2003, 08:34 AM   #8
lethrhd
Hench Mutant

Yea the preview showed a lot of Guardian stuff Im glad there finally going to play a bigger part in the new series.
Old 10-18-2003, 09:05 AM   #9
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator

Wow... did everyone sleep in on this one?

Anyhoo, I fixed up a poll for the thread too (after some trial an error). Let er rip!

I thoght this episode was dependly one for the Raph fangrrls to go "awwwww" over. It was really fun in some parts. Good fight scenes, graet humor (as always), and the way Raph and the "kid" interacted was neat.

Anyone else think "Aww c'mon, make like Daredevil, Raph!" Yeah, I'm evil, I think he should be able to fight blind by now, at least. Especially when his opponent is this big hunky dude in a pink shirt! (a Kingpin wanna be, purhaps?)

The whole scenario was interesting though. And I liked the bit of continuity where the Gang Boss said that with the Shredder gone, the gangs are getting restless. Mmm...

Check out the TMNTart Club on DeviantART!
Old 10-18-2003, 09:08 AM   #10
Nturtle
Ninja Master

I just got to see it, I had to take a little test called the PSATs

Anyways, this was a preety good episode, esspecially for a filler. There has been a substantial increase the quality of the animation, which is awesome!!!!!! So this episode must have been made fairly after Return to New York was finished.

It was preety corny though, real corny actually Aw well I expected it to be.

Did anyone notice the movie the kid was watching? It had a samurai with a babystroller, heh.
Old 10-18-2003, 09:12 AM   #11
cqb101
Cinephile

Damn, I missed it. I missed last weeks too! Stupid Bermuda....stupid PSAT's....stupid non working VCR......
Old 10-18-2003, 09:16 AM   #12
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE

Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
-->> it was a good strait- forward episode.. and showed how much raph can contradict himself.. even he realised it.. 'was tight....

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
Old 10-18-2003, 09:18 AM   #13
Meira-Bates
Mad Scientist

I was surprised that for once, Leo told the others that Raph was allowed to go. I feel kinda sorry for Mikey... He seemed almost like he might feel he was to blame for Splinter's dissapearance, as he brought up the fact of Splinter having taken a hit for him. Hehe, and Donny's already only 'a few hours' a way from a new battle shell. Other than that, yeah, I believe that the gangsters are gonna be back in the gang wars... Everyone from season one appears to be making a reappearance...except no news on Abigale yet(and frankly I'm pleased with that).

I'm also the winner of the award for being least likely to receive an award! O.o
Old 10-18-2003, 09:44 AM   #14
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

I missed the first five minutes because I could not get myself out of bed. It was a good filler. The animation was good but it was not as funny as some of the other episodes.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Old 10-18-2003, 09:48 AM   #15
gobo
Wacky Action

The writers weren't too original with this one. What do you get when you cros "Meet Casey Jones" with "Fallen Angel"? Dunno bout you, but I just watched the answer.

Old 10-18-2003, 09:49 AM   #16
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I thought Don said that he was almost done fixing the old Battle Shell?
Ah well, whatever.
Hmmm...lots of people slept in I guess...?
I like episodes like this. I feel the gang war coming.....Bring it on!
Lots of emotion in this one...good. It was cool how the kid...ok tyler was Raphs eyes during the fight. Very cool. Did anyone notice the reporter mom was wearing yellow....? Odd. Nothing to that I guess, still I just found it odd. A nice emotional episode to follow the madness and destruction (so sweet it is) from last week. Now....the wait for City at War begins........a gang war on Saturday morning, who'd of thought we'd see the day,
Old 10-18-2003, 09:50 AM   #17
RskimB
Hench Mutant

It was a solid episode.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:40 AM   #18
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite

Alright, before I say anything I'd like to make it known that I am currently sick with a head cold. When I'm sick, I don't tend to enjoy the episodes much...either that or they only air episodes I don't really care for when I'm sick.

I have to rank this as just about my least favorite episode so far. I'm tired of them making a big deal out of the Turtles not being able to see opponents. With all of their training, they should be able to do quite well using their other senses. I'm also tired of "Raph learns a lesson about being a hothead" episodes. I do agree with him about hating kids though.

And uh...I've forgotten whatever else I was going to say. Stupid head cold...

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Old 10-18-2003, 10:42 AM   #19
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I loved this episode, especially the part where Raph needed help finding his way after being blinded. Sorta reminded me of the time Mikey was blinded in the Archie series. Atleast it was only for about an hour or so in Raph's case.

YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Jephael
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jephael
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JeOughton

Sadly I no longer frequent this community, but please give it a shot. You never know who you might connect with. I will forever cherish the fond memories I have of the fandom as it was in its heyday. Peace and love to you all - Later, dudes!!!
Old 10-18-2003, 10:50 AM   #20
Taloniss
Mad Scientist

Good episode, I liked how we got to see some of Raph's sensitive side, and how he wanted to help the kid and his mom. Some good humour as well, given that there was hardly any Mikey. Next Saturday can't get here soon enough.
Closed Thread